Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2010, 02:06 PM
New Fan

A theory of mine: Grams was a satanic worshiper

Yes, yes, you must be thinking "that's simply crazy talk", but lets look at the facts shall we?

Grams never really explains just what kind of religion she follows. She never refers to her "lord" as Jesus Christ. We only hear her refer to him as "god" or the previously mentioned "lord". Who's to say she's not referring to the lord of darkness?

There is only one or two episodes where we actually see Grams inside of a Church, and not only that, but they are simply shots of her sitting down. We never get good looks at the interior to beable to accurately tell what kind of building she is in.

Jen's discomfort when discussing Gram's religion. Why would she be so uncomfortable? Also, watch her in the one particular episode (not sure which, but I'm pretty sure it's in season 2) where she actually visits the "church" with Grams. She seems extremely uncomfortable and out of place. Now why would she? A church is a very quiet and mellow place, and should be pretty relaxing even for non-believers. A church of satan though would instill discomfort for alot of people, especially confused ones such as Jen.

Look at the setting of the show. It, for the most part, takes place in a tiny secluded town. Satanic cults are most prominant in small secluded areas, like the state of Iowa for example. They have a hard time flourishing in big cities because there are so many people, and public scorn makes it nearly impossible to run a thriving cult. Capeside would be the ideal location for satan worship.

Lastly, you may argue "but that's impossible, she was such a sweet old lady and would never be involved in such horrific beliefs!". Wrong. Satanists, contrary to popular belief, don't ALWAYS partake in the cliched acts of sacrifice and mass suicide. Some simply have a warped view of what's actually "good" and "evil". Some truly believe in the exact opposite; that god is the one who is evil and satan is the lord and savior. When Grams says "god" and "lord" she could very well be referring to satan.

In closing, I'm not suggesting this is fact, but it would seem that the writers intentionally made Gram's religion mysterious and subjective to opinion so fans could discuss this. Frankly I believe that all the evidence points to her actually being a satan worshipper, but that's just one opinion. Discuss.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Elite Fan

Hi

Please don't start a new thread for a topic that can be discussed on a thread that already exists.

http://www.fanforum.com/f10/dc-gener...26/index4.html

I would hate to miss another boat
Closed Thread   Post New Thread