Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2021, 08:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I've noticed that whenever I try looking for things to post on the Board. And I guess in a way I kind of gave up looking because of it. Even when I search Dawson and Joey, Pacey and Joey content pops up. Before seeing your post, I was searching Twitter for content by searching Dawsons Creek and still not much DJo stuff.
I tried doing the same on YouTube typing in Dawson and Joey but a lot Pacey and Joey things came up. I suspect it's due to the title of the show being Dawson's Creek which means the term 'Dawson' would be closely linked to whatever is posted about Pacey and Joey since they are from the show 'Dawson's Creek'. Not sure if that made sense .
Old 02-24-2021, 08:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcluv (View Post)
Hi everyone! Stopping by for some DJ That US Magazine article is exactly what I needed to see! DC has been more prevalent on social media since it returned to Netflix, and the amount of PJ content and lack if DJ content is killing me. How can a couple I have been SO passionate about for half of my life be so unpopular? I noticed that the Dawson's Creek Facebook page even has a video playlist for PJ but not for DJ. They were the heart of the show, it doesn't make sense to me how they're so under represented online. I'm happy to see that this thread is still going!
I've been told that the heavy online presence of PJ isn't an accurate reflection of the overall popularity of the show's couples.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

PJo simply is more popular in the fandom online.

"I think Spike and Buffy are the ultimate pair. "- James Marsters

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

Absolutely, there's no doubt about that

Which couple do you think is more popular between Djo and Pandie btw ?

Can't get enough of that pic
Old 02-26-2021, 12:16 AM
Elite Fan

I feel like the fan base is more vocal online which sucks for us but it is what it is

hmmm I think Pandie in terms of the online presence
Old 02-26-2021, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

I would have thought DJo was next after PJo in popularity.

Just by the thread numbers here on fanforum.

"I think Spike and Buffy are the ultimate pair. "- James Marsters

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

I guess I mean on like Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and on other places too there's more of a positive presence

DJo has tended to be more negative from what I've seen
Old 02-26-2021, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think so too and that's a shame but I'm happy for Pandie
Old 03-25-2021, 05:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex (View Post)
Hi everyone!

After I spent all my life so far watching TV shows and never really shipped some couple a lot, I finally came to the realization that I have to find a forum of people that think the same as I do and comfort myself after a grave disappointment that Dawson Creek ending was.

The story started when I was a teen and watched it at a time when it was actually released, I loved DJo since the start and always hoped they will end up together. Later on I stopped watching and came back to realize she started a relationship with Pacey, which disgusted me so much, not by the fact she was exploring other boys, but because it was his "best friend" so I felt backstabbed same as Dawson.

I stopped watching for good, and some 20 years later here I am finally re-watching it all and got disappointed even more. That ending has to be worse than the GoT ending. There is just no way that made sense, having in mind that they were soul mates and lovers and so many times through the series it was shown they are meant to be together. Pacey was by far not the right candidate for her in the end, not gonna go into all the details but all of you die-hard fans know what am I talking about. Plenty of great analysis by other posters on this forum to argue that.

Also, as much as KW tried to make this a real story on growing up, he made it completely unrealistic in the end. They unjustly made Dawson a complete fool and a clown, who went on to end up alone and with "Spielberg" (like that is what he utmost wanted, maybe professionally but not in his romantic life). Finally, how on earth is it normal that Dawson is all of a sudden "ok" with Pacey and her going on with him. In any normal life situation, he would be mad and he would go on with his life but not stay in touch to hurt himself even more. Unrealistic and makes no sense at all. Pacey could have not come on to Joey and their romance would never happen because he knew it was his best friend's soulmate and eternal love. Now, I do get that they needed ideas to do plot twists and to extend the tv show, but hey, at least end it on a positive note with Dawson and everyone happy, not toss him down the drain like a clown. Instead, if they worked the story around Pacey and Andie's end game with Dawson and Joey, that would make all of the audience happy.

This way, he just destroyed a lot of people's emotions by doing a wrong thing.

I never in my life commented about this stuff on a forum, but I had to, and I am happy there are other people still thinking around this 20 years later, and still hoping it would be different. I hope Pacey and Joey didn´t work out in the end Mr. KW, and that maybe someone will do a reboot or a movie where finally DJo gets their actual redemption in older age.

Unlucky that KWs mom didn't influence him enough to not do this rushed and stupid ending which makes me not wanna rewatch it, but I still do, at least because I like the seasons while they were supposed to end up together.

Yes I know it is just a tv show, but obviously, it hurt many people, that's why we still have forum posts around it. Thanks, everyone for this!
Amen!!! Totally agree!!! The writing got worse after season 2 when KW left..James always mentioned that..I remember the original series ending was having DJ end together at Pacey and Andie's wedding. KW original script before Paul stupid changed it!!!

I would of been fine with alternate ending for both shippers on the DVD!! The last episode was stupid as P/J last scene had lines that normally DJ would say!! Running away!! it was ALWAYS Dawson!!!

I remember all the fan noise around the finale...and 100% finale was changed based on fanbase popularity! The story will always be DJ! I've got the first two seasons on DVD..but it's hard to watch the other seasons..I didn't mind season 4 as they allowed Dawson to grow again.

DJ was something special which will hardly see again! Agree glad we can discuss our feelings here as always!

DJ Family!
taubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Saw this on Twitter and loved the DJo moments, so please ignore the comment the poster made and ignore the Gilmore Girls portions (unless you ship them too).

Old 03-29-2021, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

Such a good video thanks for sharing
Old 03-29-2021, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

I re-watched some of the scenes these 2 have together in the series finale and still love them

didn’t know until recently that their scene catching up at the gas station wasn’t in the original airing
Old 03-30-2021, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)

didn’t know until recently that their scene catching up at the gas station wasn’t in the original airing
I didn't know that scene wasn't in the original airing either. The first time I saw the whole series was via DVDs and most or all the cut scenes are on Finale DVD.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:42 AM
Elite Fan

yeah when I watched through for the first time it was on various sites that had links to DVDrip files so I watched the extended finale

don’t know if streaming has the extended finale so I’m letting/making people that I talk to who are watching for the first time rn (I’m guessing via streaming) know that there is an/be aware of the extended version of the finale and that they should watch it
Old 04-01-2021, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm watching S5 right now and I love Dawson in it and his and Joey's relationship. It feels more mature.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top