Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2021, 02:48 AM
  #46
Mex
New Fan
 
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM01 (View Post)
I agree, they made Dawson look like some desperate dude. The show completely demoralised the character of Dawson. And yes completely agree that in a real life situation, it is so unrealistic that Dawson would be happy and stay in touch with Joey and Pacey given what they did to him. Ultimate betrayal.
Exactly, what kind of a friend is that? Like we are all supposed to just give in to any feeling or crazy thought we have in our lives about other people and in the end just expect the other side to comply and be happy with it because, hey, "I am in love, you can´t do nothing about it".

Ridiculous, he wasn´t even close to any romance with Joey in the first 2 seasons (apart from that childish looking at the rearview mirror and attempting to kiss her, but that was just to set up the scene for Dawson's realization). They obviously came up with that dumb idea when KW left the show and they felt they gotta do something radical to keep it going.

I just don´t understand Pacey shippers, if they had their best friend start a romance with a love of their life, they would probably change their opinion. Maybe Netflix realizes the potential of the show now that it is being rewatched so much and shoots a movie or something xD
Mex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:23 PM
  #47
Fan Forum Legend

 
Jaime Bee's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 273,265
Loved Dawson being there for Joey here.

__________________
♥Spuffy♥

"I think Spike and Buffy are the ultimate pair. "- James Marsters


Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 04:40 PM
  #48
Elite Fan

 
cyndie57's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 42,108
Me too, such a tender scene, it melted my shipper heart
__________________
MOI TU ME RENDS
heureuse
cyndie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 05:49 PM
  #49
Elite Fan

 
atwoodsmariano's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 37,551
I liked how she was there for him too when his father passed away
__________________
celebrating 10 years of the Dair W arc
Icon: credit
atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 04:15 PM
  #50
Elite Fan

 
cyndie57's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 42,108
Me too, she really wanted to be there for him and it broke my heart when he rejected her help and was more receptive towards Jen
__________________
MOI TU ME RENDS
heureuse
cyndie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:34 PM
  #51
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex (View Post)
Exactly, what kind of a friend is that? Like we are all supposed to just give in to any feeling or crazy thought we have in our lives about other people and in the end just expect the other side to comply and be happy with it because, hey, "I am in love, you can´t do nothing about it".

Ridiculous, he wasn´t even close to any romance with Joey in the first 2 seasons (apart from that childish looking at the rearview mirror and attempting to kiss her, but that was just to set up the scene for Dawson's realization). They obviously came up with that dumb idea when KW left the show and they felt they gotta do something radical to keep it going.
Oh I don't see anything between Pacey and Joey in season 1 and 2 as romantic. I actually enjoyed their friendly banter. Once it turned romantic it completely turned me off of any connection between them. I also lost respect for them when they were sneaking around behind Dawson's back. One of the worst moments of the show for me was when Dawson was waiting for Joey and Pacey at the dock to celebrate PACEY'S new boat meanwhile Pacey was in the shed making out with Joey, Dawson's soulmate, and they get to the dock and they had the audacity to look at Dawson in the face and act like nothing happened. Disgusting. I couldn't believe the show went there. Like ok they were intending to get them together whatever but why also ruin their characters by making them behave in such disgusting ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex (View Post)
I just don´t understand Pacey shippers, if they had their best friend start a romance with a love of their life, they would probably change their opinion. Maybe Netflix realizes the potential of the show now that it is being rewatched so much and shoots a movie or something xD
Yeah I think if they were in Dawson's shoes they'd see the situation differently.

I'd be happy with any remake so as long as DJ end up together!
__________________
Ryan & Marissa, Seth & Summer, Damon & Elena, Nate & Serena, Chuck & Blair, Cole & Phoebe, Dawson & Joey
RM01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:11 AM
  #52
Fan Forum Legend

 
Jaime Bee's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 273,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
Me too, she really wanted to be there for him and it broke my heart when he rejected her help and was more receptive towards Jen
The show could have used Mitch's death to bring DJo closer but no instead they did the opposite.
__________________
♥Spuffy♥

"I think Spike and Buffy are the ultimate pair. "- James Marsters


Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:16 PM
  #53
Elite Fan

 
cyndie57's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 42,108
they actually used Mitch's death to bring Dawson and Jen closer
__________________
MOI TU ME RENDS
heureuse
cyndie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:59 PM
  #54
Elite Fan

 
atwoodsmariano's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 37,551
I didn’t think that was necessarily a bad thing as a friend

it was nice that Joey, Jen, and Pacey were all there for him
__________________
celebrating 10 years of the Dair W arc
Icon: credit

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 02-14-2021 at 05:35 PM
atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 04:48 PM
  #55
Elite Fan

 
cyndie57's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 42,108
it was really nice, I meant closer in a romantic sense
__________________
MOI TU ME RENDS
heureuse
cyndie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:21 PM
  #56
Elite Fan

 
atwoodsmariano's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 37,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
it was really nice, I meant closer in a romantic sense
personally I didn’t get any romantic vibes from Dawson and Jen

you mean bringing Dawson and Joey more together romantically?
__________________
celebrating 10 years of the Dair W arc
Icon: credit
atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 02:53 PM
  #57
Fan Forum Legend

 
Jaime Bee's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 273,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
personally I didn’t get any romantic vibes from Dawson and Jen

you mean bringing Dawson and Joey more together romantically?
They were together though. I have couples I don't like but how can you say they weren't romantic?

I actually liked Dawson with Jen & Gretchen.

I meant DJo closer romantically.
__________________
♥Spuffy♥

"I think Spike and Buffy are the ultimate pair. "- James Marsters


Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:40 PM
  #58
Elite Fan

 
cyndie57's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 42,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
personally I didn’t get any romantic vibes from Dawson and Jen
you mean bringing Dawson and Joey more together romantically?
I meant, Dawson and Jen got closer in S5 right after Mitch's death as friends first, and then if my memory serves me correctly, they got together right ? and imho, it would have been a nicer touch if that plot were used for DJo
__________________
MOI TU ME RENDS
heureuse
cyndie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 04:00 PM
  #59
Elite Fan

 
atwoodsmariano's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 37,551
I meant I didn’t see her comforting Dawson as a romantic thing
__________________
celebrating 10 years of the Dair W arc
Icon: credit
atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 08:28 PM
  #60
Fan Forum Hero

 
lost in stereo's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 94,419
Just starting season three in my rewatch and remembering how much I loved the courting of these two. Can't wait for the episodes when they're actually together.
__________________
"I don't want you to
leave me here
, okay."
+ stevie & david [best friends]
VISIT schitt's creek
|| jess + tumblr | icon
lost in stereo is online now   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2021.

Copyright © 1998-2021, Fan Forum.


TEST