Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2019, 08:13 AM
Absolute Fan

^ Mitch's death gave us some powerful scenes, especially with Pacey interestingly enough. But it created an unnecessary divide for Dawson and Joey. And the circumstances of his death were so laughable. For such a vital character who really brought such strong dynamics in season one with the affair storyline and was such a anchor to whole show to die by way of a ice cream cone was just rediculous.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 03-05-2019, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I've always said that his ice cream death was a parody It's like the writers were implying that they didn't take him seriously.

The best thing about Mitch's death was that scene where Pacey drove Dawson out onto the road where it happened to show him the physics of the tire marks and how the other driver instigated the crash. I liked how in that moment, Pacey and Dawson's friendship was finding solid ground again.

Like you said, how they used Mitch's death to come between Dawson and Joey was what turned me off. Mitch adored Joey, so I hated that entire change in direction.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-05-2019, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
Not always! I'm re-watching Season 5 with my family and the focus is clearly back on Dawson and Joey as the central couple. All her thoughts are about Dawson again.

They wasted too much time on Dawson/Jen, though

Also, those promo pics on the previous page are from Season 5 They were clearly being promoted as the big couple again.
yes Gwen not always. I do love Joey as a character, always have and with dawson she is more grounded.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
yes Gwen not always. I do love Joey as a character, always have and with dawson she is more grounded.
I'm re-watching Season 5 and it's a shame that the DC fandom doesn't recognize how much she grew this season. Her scenes with Charlie where she gets on stage are brilliant and the way she agonizes over Dawson not being comfortable with turning to her for solace after Mitch's death is heartbreaking.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-07-2019, 11:55 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I've always said that his ice cream death was a parody It's like the writers were implying that they didn't take him seriously.

The best thing about Mitch's death was that scene where Pacey drove Dawson out onto the road where it happened to show him the physics of the tire marks and how the other driver instigated the crash. I liked how in that moment, Pacey and Dawson's friendship was finding solid ground again.

Like you said, how they used Mitch's death to come between Dawson and Joey was what turned me off. Mitch adored Joey, so I hated that entire change in direction.
I understand that it might be tough because Joey is a direct tie to a lot of his memories with his father. But she was always the person he turned to. Not showing that necssary connection was just bad.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 03-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasha4god (View Post)
I understand that it might be tough because Joey is a direct tie to a lot of his memories with his father. But she was always the person he turned to. Not showing that necssary connection was just bad.
Exactly. I understood why Dawson pulled away from her, but I don't think it helped that the writers made him jump into a relationship with Jen immediately afterward. I wish they had delved more into the idea of him pulling away from being intimate from anyone because he couldn't bear to show loving emotion in the wake of Mitch's passing. They should have focused more on the trauma over it. It just seemed like they killed Mitch to come between DJo and I can't stand contrivances like that.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-09-2019, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm re-watching Season 5 and it's a shame that the DC fandom doesn't recognize how much she grew this season. Her scenes with Charlie where she gets on stage are brilliant and the way she agonizes over Dawson not being comfortable with turning to her for solace after Mitch's death is heartbreaking.
yes agonizes over dawson.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
yes agonizes over dawson.
There's a great scene in the episode after Mitch has died where Joey breaks down in Audrey's arms over Dawson emotionally and physically pulling away from her

This was when I realized that the writers had refocused the show back to DJo, and I was thankful.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-14-2019, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that was a very moving scene

I was thankful too and also when they had Audrey saying to Pacey that her ex-boyfriend from high school is her 'Dawson'
Old 03-15-2019, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
that was a very moving scene

I was thankful too and also when they had Audrey saying to Pacey that her ex-boyfriend from high school is her 'Dawson'
yes I remember.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
also when they had Audrey saying to Pacey that her ex-boyfriend from high school is her 'Dawson'
Ahhh, yes For sure, we were seeing at that point the show re-focusing to D/Jo being each other's number 1 person.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-16-2019, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

they always wil be.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ITA with you two, they'll always be each other's number 1 person

It would make a great title btw
Old 03-19-2019, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yes.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not sure if this is right,as this is my first time posting as I just found this forum. So I am just watching season 5 ep 6 High Anxiety. Watching Dawson get drunk and blaming Joey for his fathers death is gut wrenching. I felt so bad for her when he said it. I know the booze was talking but still,
And the scene in the bus station where he tells her he is lost and not sure what to do anymore, is so sad.. The way she consoled him was touching

they truly should have been endgame
Closed Thread   Post New Thread