Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2019, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
I can't wait to get to S5 in my binge-watch It was like a new beginning for D/Jo.
they are hot together too. saw some of the promo pics.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:38 PM
New Fan

I envy you, guys, who manage to enjoy watching DC.
I can't tell you how much I loved DC when I first saw it. I've been ranting on here before, but how it all ended really ruined those 5-6 years. The whole point of the whole thing was that this long "broken road" would lead up to a very satisying series finale.If that had ended the "correct way", I would have watched every season several times a year...

Still bitter...
Old 01-16-2019, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1983 (View Post)
I can't tell you how much I loved DC when I first saw it. I've been ranting on here before, but how it all ended really ruined those 5-6 years. The whole point of the whole thing was that this long "broken road" would lead up to a very satisying series finale.If that had ended the "correct way", I would have watched every season several times a year...

Still bitter...
Believe me, there are many of us on these boards who agree with you

I always think of that Season 1 finale sequence where Dawson chases after Joey and the song "God Bless The Broken Road" starts playing it was an epic time for them.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-18-2019, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Still bitter...
Hey Ken.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Ken, I think the ending was an example of a script completely derailing from its original objective.

The creator (KW) wanted D/Jo. He's been honest about it on the DVD commentary. Therefore, he went back into the role of Writer for that one episode having no clue of what went on during Seasons 3 and 4, & how much the P/Jo fanbase had built up. (He had been doing the SCREAM movies)

He just didn't know, and he was around people who were pulling for P/Jo. Needless to say, he was pretty much talked into changing his script. His vision didn't change - he just had zero impact on the outcome, even though his name is in the credits.

He's also very aware that a huge chunk of the fan base wasn't happy with the finale. Paul Stupin tried to deny it, but Kevin intervened with "fans are passionate, they didn't get it; my father didn't get why they weren't sleeping together anymore" So there you have it The ending will always be divisive.

I personally hate it for two reasons - Joey acting as if she "always knew" that Pacey was the one, and Jen's death. It's not an episode I re-watch very often.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-18-2019, 12:48 PM
New Fan

Hi pandiexjeyton

My problem is - I know all this. I know about half the episode being written this way, and the changing, KWs mother, fan pressure. Still, it ended the way it ended, and that kind of ruins all the other momens, you know what I mean?

It gets almost too hard to watch, too bittersweet to see their conversations in Dawson's room or on the dock - or all the unspokenduring "Witch Island" or the amazing ending of season 4.

When it wrapped up the way it did, those other scenes kind of lost value. Hard to explain...

My biggest problem might be that I'm a 35 yr old guy still complaning about a TV show he watched in his teens...
Old 01-18-2019, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

one of my favorite moments with these 2 and of the whole series

just iconic

https://dawsonscreekdaily.tumblr.com...and-by-you-the
Old 01-19-2019, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Allison it is one of mine, too How beautiful is the moonlight, shining in the water!

Quote:
My problem is - I know all this. I know about half the episode being written this way, and the changing, KWs mother, fan pressure. Still, it ended the way it ended, and that kind of ruins all the other momens, you know what I mean?
Ken, I only mentioned those things because it gives me some peace of mind that at least the DC creator envisioned a different ending. I understand that it doesn't make the ending they got any more bearable. I was furious when I saw it and it doesn't really get much easier on repeats.

Quote:
It gets almost too hard to watch, too bittersweet to see their conversations in Dawson's room or on the dock - or all the unspoken during "Witch Island" or the amazing ending of season 4.

When it wrapped up the way it did, those other scenes kind of lost value. Hard to explain.
No, I understand exactly what you're talking about. I get angry about it, too. It feels as if you can't look back and enjoy seasons 1 and 2 especially, because of how they had set up this love story taking center stage, only for seasons 3 and beyond to knock it down so carelessly.

Joey had always stressed that her need to "find herself" wasn't about falling out of love with Dawson or falling in love with somebody else. It was solely about her need for self-expression in the big wide world.

The move toward Pacey later in Season 3 kinda threw all of that out the window when Dawson was forced to tell her, "Pacey is this year's Paris."

It suddenly discounted Joey's love for Dawson and made it all about her love life again. I cannot stand that type of retcon and turnaround

The new writers came in and made their mark by throwing the original story away and just going with the --Pacey/Joey chemistry-- and I didn't care about the show again until Season 5 when they FINALLY dared to explore D/Jo again.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-22-2019, 12:29 AM
New Fan

[QUOTE=Crystal Clear;96261361]

Ken, I only mentioned those things because it gives me some peace of mind that at least the DC creator envisioned a different ending. I understand that it doesn't make the ending they got any more bearable. I was furious when I saw it and it doesn't really get much easier on repeats.

Sorry, I didn't to sound harsh I just wanted to point out that I've heard all the ways we "comfort" each other, but in the end, the ending still is what it is.
I coped with the break-up in season 2, because I knew it was all going to be good in the end,
I endured season 3, because I knew it was all going to be good in the end
I struggeled through parts of season 4, because I knew it was all going to be good in the end*
and so on.
And all wasn't good in the end.

If the ending had been slightly different, maybe even ended when they sat in the garden in the end, and saw their siblings climbing the ladder - I would still be watching and remembering how this show made me feel. Now, not so much.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I just started re-watching DC. I'm finished episode 4 tonight and I always find it so hard to watch Dawson and Joey because I want to yell at Dawson for being so blind to Joey and her feelings. Thankfully he comes to his senses by the end of the season.
Dawson tends to be oblivious about certain things so it fits his character but it can be frustrating at times. I think he avoided confronting his feelings for Joey because he was afraid of what that meant and what it'd mean if things didn't work out. I think that's something that real life best friends would go through once their feelings for each other started to change, especially at that age.

Watched 4x02 tonight, not much there on the DJo front but I liked that scene where he was telling Joey about what it was like for a guy in love to "fail" in the eyes of the girl he loves. It was so obvious he wasn't just talking about Pacey. And she knew it too.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
Ken, I think the ending was an example of a script completely derailing from its original objective.

The creator (KW) wanted D/Jo. He's been honest about it on the DVD commentary. Therefore, he went back into the role of Writer for that one episode having no clue of what went on during Seasons 3 and 4, & how much the P/Jo fanbase had built up. (He had been doing the SCREAM movies)

He just didn't know, and he was around people who were pulling for P/Jo. Needless to say, he was pretty much talked into changing his script. His vision didn't change - he just had zero impact on the outcome, even though his name is in the credits.

He's also very aware that a huge chunk of the fan base wasn't happy with the finale. Paul Stupin tried to deny it, but Kevin intervened with "fans are passionate, they didn't get it; my father didn't get why they weren't sleeping together anymore" So there you have it The ending will always be divisive.

I personally hate it for two reasons - Joey acting as if she "always knew" that Pacey was the one, and Jen's death. It's not an episode I re-watch very often.
Dawson always knew her.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

icon credit: crash landing
Old 01-31-2019, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

awww that's cute

I've never seen those promo pics before

thanks for sharing
Old 02-01-2019, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So pretty thanks for posting it melts my shipper heart
Old 02-02-2019, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

damn.....they are so hot. Joey looks great. so does James. wow! on a superificial note they still look great.