Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2017, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I have rewatched through 4.06 the brick.
I was always a little disappointed by Dawson's reaction to the that gift. I felt it had meaning for Joey and he didn't quite get it, but I do understand that he was still stung, so maybe that's exactly the reaction he should have had.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 12-24-2017, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I have rewatched through 4.06 the brick.
I don't remember this
Old 12-26-2017, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

brick is 4.01 Coming home.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

like an actual brick?
Old 12-26-2017, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Joey: Wait here. (she goes inside and brings out the heavy package that Pacey questioned about). For you.

Dawson: (unwraps it) Wow, my very own brick.

Joey: It's not just a brick. It's from Hemmingway's home in the Keyes.

Dawson: Ernest?

Joey: No, Frank. Of course, Ernest.

Dawson: You know the guy shot himself, Jo…

Joey: Aside from that, I would like to offer it to you as a…

Dawson: Please don't say symbol.

Joey: As an emblematic artifact. Representing the foundation of a new friendship.

Dawson: I feel like I'm at the ribbon cutting of a new strip mall.

Joey: Quit joking.

Dawson: Truth is, Joey… It's going to take a hell of a lot more than symbols for us to get back what we had, and right now, I'm not even sure that I want to.

Joey: Okay.

Dawson: We're just going to have to take it one day at a time.

Joey: I know.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awww :')
Old 12-27-2017, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

That was such a great but angsty scene. I wasn't disappionted with how Dawson reacted there, he was still hurting after the end of s3. I think he was hurting not just because he lost Joey romantically but that his best friends lied to him about their relationship to start with.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're absolutely right, that's what I get from his reaction too and that's pretty understandable if you ask me

Love his reaction at the end of 4.06 too :

Joey: (smiling in shock) That's why Gail's been so sick lately?

Dawson: Mmm-hmm!

Joey: She's pregnant??

Dawson: Mmm-hmm.

Joey: Congratulations! Oh my God! (she hugs him) So, you know, Capeside wouldn't be Capeside without a little Leery running around.

Dawson: Or rowing across a creek to get to your house.

Joey: Sounds weird, but hearing that… makes me feel…

Dawson: Old?

Joey: How'd you know that?

Dawson: That's the way I felt. Nothing propels you into adulthood faster than the next generation nipping at your heels.

Joey: You know, Dawson… I think about it sometimes and… wherever we go next, it's hard to imagine life without you.

Dawson: You did pretty well for three months.

Joey: I think you know what I mean.

Dawson: Yeah. Yeah, I do.

(End credits.)
Old 12-27-2017, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love the scene in the series finale where Alexander is climbing up the ladder to Lily's window

Old 12-28-2017, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
like an actual brick?
yes. He couldn't accept it, but I'm glad joey offered it to him. Dairfan, whose your favorite character? Mine is Joey and Andie
Old 12-28-2017, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

you already asked me before
Old 12-28-2017, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I love the scene in the series finale where Alexander is climbing up the ladder to Lily's window
me too it was a nice moment beautiful gifset
Old 12-30-2017, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
you already asked me before
oh ok. I don't remember what you said or your response. So I've seen up to 4.15. I love 4.07. Dawson is the one who knows her best. and oh i saw it when I scrolled through.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:

It's cute... But am I the only D/Jo shipper who literally can't watch the Finale without getting angry?

I thought the script was awful. A total cop-out. I feel justified in saying this, because I've listened to the DVD commentary many times and Kevin Williamson made it very clear that he had NOT watched Seasons 3 or 4 before signing on to write the script. However, he DID watch the Season 5 story line with Dawson's dad Mitch dying, so he KNEW Dawson and Joey were due to reunite. He also admitted that he was talked out of his original D/Jo ending by other people who had stayed on the show during the years he left.

It felt as if they changed the meaning of "soul mates" where D/Jo were concerned just to suit the haters, and it completely negated all of the years Dawson and Joey spent in a budding romance. Maybe the whole "soulmates = best friends" theory would have made sense had D/Jo never gotten together, but they DID. It was basically a retcon of their entire romantic relationship, and I can't be satisfied when writers have to go to such great lengths in order to make Joey end up with somebody else.

I mean, think about it: the writing for this couple should have been EPIC. They spent the entirety of Season 1 building up to Dawson and Joey's first kiss. But all it turned into was a trainwreck. They made Joey start arguing with Dawson for stupid reasons and then randomly kiss Jack (using that as a reason to break up with Dawson at the dance) and then the rest of the show is spent on Joey "finding herself"

Remember how quickly they tried to move past Dawson and Joey having sex for the first time? After all that build-up in Season 5 to their reunion... Instead of making it a sweet time for them, it becomes all about character assassination for Dawson with the sloppy "he was dating someone else at the time" garbage story line. I was ready to quit watching the show after 6x02 but I actually started to like the Joey and Eddie romance (which of course, had to be messed up for no good reason at all).

I'm sorry, I don't mean to go into rant mode But every time I think of this show, I just think of how the ending betrayed everything that D/Jo had stood for.

What does everyone else think about how the Finale handled D/Jo?
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-31-2017, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
It's cute... But am I the only D/Jo shipper who literally can't watch the Finale without getting angry?

I thought the script was awful. A total cop-out. I feel justified in saying this, because I've listened to the DVD commentary many times and Kevin Williamson made it very clear that he had NOT watched Seasons 3 or 4 before signing on to write the script. However, he DID watch the Season 5 story line with Dawson's dad Mitch dying, so he KNEW Dawson and Joey were due to reunite. He also admitted that he was talked out of his original D/Jo ending by other people who had stayed on the show during the years he left.

It felt as if they changed the meaning of "soul mates" where D/Jo were concerned just to suit the haters, and it completely negated all of the years Dawson and Joey spent in a budding romance. Maybe the whole "soulmates = best friends" theory would have made sense had D/Jo never gotten together, but they DID. It was basically a retcon of their entire romantic relationship, and I can't be satisfied when writers have to go to such great lengths in order to make Joey end up with somebody else.

I mean, think about it: the writing for this couple should have been EPIC. They spent the entirety of Season 1 building up to Dawson and Joey's first kiss. But all it turned into was a trainwreck. They made Joey start arguing with Dawson for stupid reasons and then randomly kiss Jack (using that as a reason to break up with Dawson at the dance) and then the rest of the show is spent on Joey "finding herself"

Remember how quickly they tried to move past Dawson and Joey having sex for the first time? After all that build-up in Season 5 to their reunion... Instead of making it a sweet time for them, it becomes all about character assassination for Dawson with the sloppy "he was dating someone else at the time" garbage story line. I was ready to quit watching the show after 6x02 but I actually started to like the Joey and Eddie romance (which of course, had to be messed up for no good reason at all).

I'm sorry, I don't mean to go into rant mode But every time I think of this show, I just think of how the ending betrayed everything that D/Jo had stood for.

What does everyone else think about how the Finale handled D/Jo?
I think the final DJo scene is very satisfying and poetic and I adore the final Pandie scene as well

I really do believe that they have a beyond lovers and friends forever type of bond

personally I liked DJo's first time episodes a lot for the most part (it was just really sweet when they woke up together and the white rose)

I would've been fine if Joey had ended up with Eddie

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 01-01-2018 at 04:12 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread