Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

I actually love s4 so I think you can get through it. Dawson had some great storylines and character growth in that season. His relationship with Gretchen was deep and meaningful even if it never quite touched what he had with Joey, it was still an important relationship. DJo had to find their way back to each other and the friendship they used to have. But that hint of something more was always there. And then there's Coda. s3 disappointed me in so many ways but s4 more than made up for it. I just didn't like the PJo scenes but that wasn't enough to take away from the other great things about it.

At those gifs, Joey was so jealous of Jen.

Watched The Scare last night and got a bit emotional over DJo's last scene. "Would you be sad if I died?" "I'd be inconsolable." The look on her face tears at my heart and how she silent nods if he asked if she'd be sad that he died. He really has no idea how she feels about him. I think he knew there was something more with Joey all throughout s1, it just took a while for it to seep in. After he figured it out, he was sure of it. Kind of weird how Joey was the one who wasn't as sure after that.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 10-19-2014, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfuldreamer (View Post)
I actually love s4 so I think you can get through it. Dawson had some great storylines and character growth in that season. His relationship with Gretchen was deep and meaningful even if it never quite touched what he had with Joey, it was still an important relationship. DJo had to find their way back to each other and the friendship they used to have. But that hint of something more was always there. And then there's Coda. s3 disappointed me in so many ways but s4 more than made up for it. I just didn't like the PJo scenes but that wasn't enough to take away from the other great things about it.

At those gifs, Joey was so jealous of Jen.

Watched The Scare last night and got a bit emotional over DJo's last scene. "Would you be sad if I died?" "I'd be inconsolable." The look on her face tears at my heart and how she silent nods if he asked if she'd be sad that he died. He really has no idea how she feels about him. I think he knew there was something more with Joey all throughout s1, it just took a while for it to seep in. After he figured it out, he was sure of it. Kind of weird how Joey was the one who wasn't as sure after that.
dawson was there for her always.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Nic I love that last scene in "The Scare" too. you can just feel how much they mean to each-other in that scene.

Season 1 Episode 8. "Boyfriend" GIF

Quote:
(Dawson lays Joey down on the couch in the family room)

Dawson: Here you go. Feet up. Look Jo, I know it's been a tough week for you. You always try to handle everything by yourself. Is that why you got drunk tonight? You needed a little break from your life?

Joey: (mumbling) I just, I just lost table 5.

(Joey is lying on the couch. Dawson is sitting next to her brushing her hair out of her eyes.)

Dawson: This is probably the wrong time to tell you this but ummm well, maybe it's the perfect time. I realize how incredibly confusing things are between us. I can't even begin to explain our relationship. You probably can't either. But ummm, I just want you to know that umm, if you ever need me, I'll always be here for you. All you ever have to do is ask.

(Joey reaches up to Dawson and kisses him. Dawson just looks at her.)
"I'll always be here for you"
Old 10-19-2014, 02:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

That was actually the very first DC scene I had ever seen. I didn't end up catching a full episode until the season 1 finale, but that scene there is what got my interest.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

so i'm coming upon 4.15.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

*squee* I remember this scene made me melt into a puddle of liquid love the 1st time I watched it their 2nd kiss after "Detention" I love season 1 so much, that gif is total perfection
Old 10-20-2014, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

Oh that little scene in Boyfriend was so powerful. And yet Dawson kept denying Joey's feelings. Maybe because he was too scared to acknowledge them and the change that would wreck on their lives.

Watched Beauty Contest last night, so much DJo goodness there. I love how the episode ended, with them thinking about each other and smiling. I really like how slowly Dawson came to realize his feelings for Joey. He always seemed conflicted but he didn't realize it until that episode. He never allowed himself to think of her as more than a girl until he was forced to see her in another light. And what she asked for came true, that he'd see her for who she was, just Joey, and that he'd want her because of what they share is more than any physical attraction could ever be.

Rachel, what happened in 4x15? Not really good with the episode numbers...

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 10-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh that little scene in Boyfriend was so powerful. And yet Dawson kept denying Joey's feelings. Maybe because he was too scared to acknowledge them and the change that would wreck on their lives.

Watched Beauty Contest last night, so much DJo goodness there. I love how the episode ended, with them thinking about each other and smiling. I really like how slowly Dawson came to realize his feelings for Joey. He always seemed conflicted but he didn't realize it until that episode. He never allowed himself to think of her as more than a girl until he was forced to see her in another light. And what she asked for came true, that he'd see her for who she was, just Joey, and that he'd want her because of what they share is more than any physical attraction could ever be.

Rachel, what happened in 4x15? Not really good with the episode numbers...
joey lying to dawson about sleeping with pacey speaks volumes.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

^ Doesn't it, though?

Ahhh my s1 rewatch is complete. Think I'm going to drift on my DJo cloud for a while before I start s2. Wow, the finale was more powerful than I remembered. The way Dawson looks at her in that last scene always slays me.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 10-23-2014, 04:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

djers

Agree on the comments on S4..thought it would be hard but it was actually good! Finally they allowed Dawson to grow more and DJ where still strong!! Coda finale was up there one of the best DJ episodes of all time..would be in the top 5 for me! Again they where planning to end the show with that scene..it will always come back to DJ!
Old 10-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
^ Doesn't it, though?

Ahhh my s1 rewatch is complete. Think I'm going to drift on my DJo cloud for a while before I start s2. Wow, the finale was more powerful than I remembered. The way Dawson looks at her in that last scene always slays me.
i'm almost done with season 4 one more disc of episodes.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

So true taubman. s4 actually had a lot of gems for Dawson fans. I think getting his heartbroken really helped him grow up and grow as a person. It was painful to see DJo had odds but it was necessary after everything. They didn't fix things easily but once it happened, it was beautiful. And then there's Coda, with Joey ending back where she started.

My favorite seasons are: s2, s1, s4, s5, s6, s3

Rachel have you finished s4 yet?

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 10-25-2014, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm on the graduate and then coda almost there.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Oh awesome.

Does anyone know where I can find s1/s2 caps? I want to make art but can't find any screencaps of those seasons.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 10-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Oh awesome.

Does anyone know where I can find s1/s2 caps? I want to make art but can't find any screencaps of those seasons.
While I don't know where you can find them, I'm able to make them myself if you're looking for specific images. They've just gotta be specific, because capping two entire seasons would be wayyyy too much work.

Well, just as long as they're season 1 and 2 and not any triangle-stuff. I don't think I've watched seasons 3 and the first half of 4 since they aired(yeah, not a fan of 4--I'm the odd man out here).