Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Great post.

I agree, I really wish I could see what PJ shippers see just so I can understand but I can't. Like, Joey was always jealous of Dawson's other relationships, but she's not at all jealous when Pacey, her "true love" is in a relationship with her roommate? Really?

PJ just didn't seem to have any chemistry AT ALL in season 5, whereas DJo always had chemistry.

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'
Old 05-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow I've never thought about it but your summary of their relation makes total sense

Awesome post
Old 05-13-2013, 05:19 AM
New Fan

Thank you both guys! I'm happy you agree with me. But " Surprise Surprise" , here i am this time with another problem about the finale episode of last season .Do you remember this scene between Joey and Jen?:

Jen: Well, if you ever want to be reminded of it, you can just watch Dawson’s show. What about that girl that they cast as me? Ohh. I've often thought about getting a lawyer and suing his ass.

Joey: Well, at least you get to have sex. All I do is mope around and pine after Petey, then Colby, then Colby, then Petey.

Jen: Well, you never could make a decision.

Joey: You know, that's where he got it all wrong. I mean, the eternal triangle, it's based on actual events. It's not about Sam choosing between Colby and Petey. It never was. It's about... Sam making a decision with herself.

Jen: Can we just use the real names here? There's no need to protect the guilty in this room.

Joey: It's just sad that it took a TV show to make me see it.

Jen: What? See what? I'm incredibly interested in all of this.

Joey: The only decision left is the one that I need to make with myself-- to stop running... once and for all. I mean, I know who I'm supposed to be with. I've always known.

Jen: Really?

Joey: Yeah, but then the fear takes over, the free-floating, anxiety-ridden fear in the pit of my stomach that makes me run. Jen, I am completely comfortable running. I really don't know any other way.

Jen: Maybe I can help. What if I demand that you make that decision? No more running. I'm going to make it my dying wish. My death will serve a greater purpose. It's your ultimate motivator.

Joey: Jen.

Jen: Hey. Just for the record here, because I feel like I'm a little bit out of the loop on this, who is it that you've always known that you were meant to be with? Is it Colby or is it Petey?

Joey affirms that the show made her understand who was her choice,
she said she always knew who was supposed to be with!
Now she said "always" and if she says always then i think of Dawson because HE was always in her heart and mind. Only HIM ALWAYS!
Then she said that "the show made her understand"
but Dawson's show was about the first 2 seasons so it was all only about Joey&Dawson' love story...so is obviously Dawson the name she was going to say!
The finale is nosense...but i want believe that KW had written the Dj finale and that it really was posted on internet and so the decision at the last minute to change it for surprise all the fans!
What do you think about it?
Ohh another thing...she said that she has always run away from her choice, well, she was still talking about Dawson because she has always run away from him ...she almost did when she wanted to go in France because she didn't know yet that Dawon loves her too.....she did when he told to her for the first time "i love you" ....she did when she has left him because of her father thing....she did when Dawson kissed her in the last episode of 5th season...and she did again when he has left Dawson after their first time!
Tell me guys when has she run from Pacey?
Maybe when she left Capedise with him by a boat for summer?! Dear authors we all DJ fans are NOT absolutely stupid!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well actually she has run away from Pacey, that's what she said to him before leaving Capeside on his boat, you know that she knew she loved him and even if it's scary she didn't want to deny it and ignore her feelings anymore if I remember correctly but I agree when she said she always knew who she was supposed to be with, I instantly thought about Dawson too for the same reasons you gave they're good
Old 05-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

10 years today since dawsons creek ended....at this time 10 years ago there was only 40 min left of the series! I'm so sentimental!! Glad to see there are still D/Jo fans keeping this thread alive!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Agree with the above!

Great to see the passion still going stronger than ever!! Us DJers are never stupid and we know the whole ending was for DJ..plus i remember seeing the original script from KW..finale decision again was a fan based call which was stupid in the end..didn't take me by surprise..lol

All the other Characters in the show knew it would be DJ one day. So Obvious!

DJ Always!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:57 AM
New Fan

[/SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
Well actually she has run away from Pacey, that's what she said to him before leaving Capeside on his boat, you know that she knew she loved him and even if it's scary she didn't want to deny it and ignore her feelings anymore if I remember correctly but I agree when she said she always knew who she was supposed to be with, I instantly thought about Dawson too for the same reasons you gave they're good
Yes it's true ,she has run away from Pacey but just for a little and always because of Dawson.
She didn't admit her feelings for Pacey because she was afraid to lose Dawson.
There's always been Dawson between them..
.but when she ran away from Dawson was because the great love that she felt /feels for him scared her so much..it's always been like this since the first season!
When you love so much a person is obvious you scared both to suffer and to lose him!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

you're right, the first thing Joey did when they came back is to check after Dawson and I stopped counting P/J fights about him, everything always revolves around him
Old 05-16-2013, 11:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taubman (View Post)
Agree with the above!

Great to see the passion still going stronger than ever!! Us DJers are never stupid and we know the whole ending was for DJ..plus i remember seeing the original script from KW..finale decision again was a fan based call which was stupid in the end..didn't take me by surprise..lol

All the other Characters in the show knew it would be DJ one day. So Obvious!

DJ Always!
Wish I would have been able to see that original script. I remember hearing about it second-hand on the Project Soulmates board, but I would have liked to see it--just to know what the 'true' ending would have been.

Sorry for dropping in like this. I know I've been away while, but--I just had a serious case of deja-vu tonight, and it's made me realize that the emotional scars from what was done to D/J have never fully healed. Their love story taught me a lot of my beliefs about love, friendship, and doing what's right. I was still a teenager when the show was on the air, so it's almost like I grew up with them in a way.

In a perfect world, they would have ended up together. And, in my mind, they did eventually find their way back to each other.

ETA - The link to my fanfic page on the opening post is out of date. Here's the new URL for it - http://leeryandpotter.tripod.com/

Last edited by LeeryAndPotter; 05-17-2013 at 12:06 AM
Old 05-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

The finale makes no sense because the first part of the finale was geared toward a DJo ending. Then the writers suddenly changed their minds and wrote a PJo ending--which we saw in part two of the finale. I still think the speech Joey made was intended to be part of a DJo ending, but I can't prove it. Just a feeling I have since a) Joey was in love with Dawson in the pilot and he was clueless and b) she ran from Dawson over and over again (twice in s2, s5, and the beginning of s6).

Nice art, thanks for sharing! Love that moment/kiss.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 05-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfuldreamer (View Post)
The finale makes no sense because the first half was geared toward a DJo ending. Then the writers suddenly changed their minds and wrote a PJo ending (part 2 of the finale). I still believe they used the same speech that was intending for DJo. Can't prove it but that speech screams DJo to me. She was always running from her feelings for Dawson and she always knew she loved him (from s1 onward).

Nice art, thanks for sharing! Love that moment/kiss.
Not even the second half--just the final scene. It's even more obvious when you watch the director's cut and notice all the D/J(and P/A) scenes that were removed. It's like they only changed the final scene of the finale, filmed it, and then realized it made even less sense. I don't think they rewrote the entire finale, since they were cutting things way too close--just the ending scene.

Yeah--every single thing Joey said in that finale was about Dawson.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hello everyone,

another old D/Jer dropping by

Any fics in the works, Peter?

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 05-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_kitten (View Post)
Hello everyone,

another old D/Jer dropping by

Any fics in the works, Peter?

Dora
Actually--I do have something in mind. After my other show basically turned into a pathetic joke last week, I realized that this year's summer fanfic plan pretty much went down the drain. So it's back to the old reliable DC writing. It's an alternate season 3, in case anyone's interested. I've got a basic outline so far, but haven't written out any scenes just yet.

It's been almost four years since my last D/J story, so hopefully I'm not too rusty.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Elite Fan

Can I be added to the list, please?
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 05-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Extreme Fan

I miss the hell out of Dawson and Joey, I really truly do. I miss my soulmates!