Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2017, 10:31 PM
Always & Forever

Moderator of ...
Disney

Yes, I would have been fine if they stayed together!
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 05:58 AM
Loyal Fan

"Dawson's Creek" appreciation in a "Young Americans" fanfic

Four years ago, in 2014, on the day when the last World Cup final was played, a fanfic was posted on AO3, here, that gave Dawson and Jen an afterlife together in the setting of Young Americans, the 8-episode show that was aired on The WB chennel during the summer of 2000 as a stand-in for Dawson's Creek. It contains the following appreciation of Dawson's Creek, focused on the Dawson/Jen relationship and the characters of Dawson and Grams:
RYDER [seeing Dawson and Jen]: So that couple – they’re true love, too?

CLAUDIA: No, Forrest – just the opposite. She was his destiny – and he ran from it. She needed him ... but he couldn’t deal with her problems. They strung it out for six seasons, but in the end, she dies of a thinly veiled metaphor for a broken heart.

RYDER (wincing): She’s beautiful. What was his problem?

CLAUDIA (sighing): He rejected reality. Longed for simpler times. Lived in Steven Spielberg films as the next best thing. He wanted to opt out of the whole messy modern mate-selection thing and just marry the girl next door, a friend he’d grown up with. Assumed he would – thought he was entitled to.

RYDER: But he didn’t?

CLAUDIA: No, she wasn’t having it – took up with his best friend. And he didn’t take it well.

HAMILTON: Grams?

CLAUDIA: Jen’s grandmother.

DAWSON: Best character in our show.

JEN (hugging DAWSON): Thank you.

DAWSON: It’s the truth. … (To HAMILTON: ) Grams starts out strictly, traditionally religious – and very disapproving of Jen. But she’s really loving, so she grows – becomes even more loving … and more truly religious.

WILL: She’s the character who gets the point of their show – that modernity has made being young way harder and more complex than it used to be, that the conditions our traditional sexual morality evolved in are gone, and can’t be recovered …

DAWSON: No matter how much we want to turn back the clock – like I have, while I’ve been an escapist jerk, totally wrapped up in myself.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Hey guys, if you are interested in a DC favorites elimination game, please come play here.

The Dawson's Creek Contest of Favorites 20th Anniversary Edition - Part 1
Icon by Christina
Freshgirlly908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top