Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I agree so much with this statement. Dawson looked better, and annoyed me less in seasons 4 and 5.
Same here. I only really started liking Dawson in season 5. He had his moments before, but I was never really connecting to him. In season 5, especially with Todd, he got so much funnier, less sentimental and theatrical. It was a nice and welcome change. And Jen made it even more visible how much he had evolved when they were together.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankatje (View Post)
Same here. I only really started liking Dawson in season 5. He had his moments before, but I was never really connecting to him. In season 5, especially with Todd, he got so much funnier, less sentimental and theatrical. It was a nice and welcome change. And Jen made it even more visible how much he had evolved when they were together.
I totally agree. I liked Dawson a lot more in the last few seasons. I think it made it hard for me to really like Dawson and Jen in Season 1 because of how Dawson acted. I do love that Jen was always there for him though and by the time Season 5 came, it was great to see the give the relationship a try again. I just wish it had lasted longer.

I love that graphic, it's one of my favorites and there aren't very many Dawson and Jen graphics on tumblr.

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Old 05-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I started to like Dawson more when he was with Gretchen, he was starting to slowly grow up. Then when he got back with Jen in season 5, they brought out really good things with each other.
I am an original”
Old 05-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah I really liked him with Gretchen too.

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Old 05-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictvfan91 (View Post)
I totally agree. I liked Dawson a lot more in the last few seasons. I think it made it hard for me to really like Dawson and Jen in Season 1 because of how Dawson acted. I do love that Jen was always there for him though and by the time Season 5 came, it was great to see the give the relationship a try again. I just wish it had lasted longer.

I love that graphic, it's one of my favorites and there aren't very many Dawson and Jen graphics on tumblr.
I feel exactly the same way

I liked him with Gretchen too. Not nearly as much with as with Jen, but it was good that she made him a bit more mature. He really needed it
Old 05-25-2013, 08:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

They just brought out the best in one another and I loved that.

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'
Old 05-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gretchen did make him more mature, and by the time he was with Jen again, his maturity came through even better.
I am an original”
Old 05-26-2013, 02:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Gretchen did make him more mature, and by the time he was with Jen again, his maturity came through even better.
ITA

The second time they were together I really felt like Jen and Dawson brought out the best in each other
Old 05-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dawson was a lot more grown up the second time around, he was capable of a grown up relationship then.
I am an original”
Old 05-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah he definitely was more mature after being with Gretchen. Dawson and Jen did bring out the best in each other. I really don't think anyone "knew" him better than she did, other than maybe Joey of course, but even her at times I didn't feel like connected with him like Jen did.

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Old 05-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah he definitely was more mature after being with Gretchen. Dawson and Jen did bring out the best in each other. I really don't think anyone "knew" him better than she did, other than maybe Joey of course, but even her at times I didn't feel like connected with him like Jen did.
I think Joey definitely knew him as a person the best, but I think Jen was always more up to date with how he was doing and what was going on in his life. So in their own way, they each knew him the best. With Jen it was a continuing genuine interest in eachother's wellbeing, as friends and as a couple.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah that's true, they both did. Jen was just there for him with his dad dying and she cared more about his movies and what was going on with him.

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Old 05-27-2013, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah that's true, they both did. Jen was just there for him with his dad dying and she cared more about his movies and what was going on with him.
I think, especially through season 3-6 she was more involved in Dawson's life. She was there when he needed her and he was there for her as well
Old 05-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankatje (View Post)
I think, especially through season 3-6 she was more involved in Dawson's life. She was there when he needed her and he was there for her as well
Yeah I definitely agree. Joey actually said that Jen was the best person to take care of Dawson in Season 5 so yeah.

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Old 05-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

True That was surprising, coming from Joey, who is usually quite possessive of Dawson. It shows that she too has developed over the years into a more mature woman.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread