Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

They did deserve a real shot I think they really made each other happy and offered each other what they needed. They could have had a beautiful love story.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:03 AM
Addicted Fan

So i'm on Season 5 and I am loving them together so much. I watched Appetite for Destruction earlier and I think they just fit so well together. I loved how in the Hotel episode when Dawson thought the reason they didn't work out was because Jen wasn't physically attracted to him and thought he was safe was really good because you know that by Jen's reaction she always was attracted to him. From the moment she stepped foot on that creek Dawson liked her and I know that Joey came between them then, but now with Jen just being there for him when his dad died, they deserve each other. She has always supported him. I want to just enjoy them together since I know it ends.

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Old 09-23-2012, 06:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

I liked them in Season 5 too, they were just all kinds of cute.

Appetite for Destruction bugged me though, the whole gang was making this a huge big deal and I was sitting there yelling at the TV, "It's none of your business! They don't have to explain anything to you guys gaaaah!" I felt like everyone was making it unnecessarily awkward and immature.

Oh well, that's just DC for you I guess.

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'
Old 09-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileyDairyGnome (View Post)
I liked them in Season 5 too, they were just all kinds of cute.

Appetite for Destruction bugged me though, the whole gang was making this a huge big deal and I was sitting there yelling at the TV, "It's none of your business! They don't have to explain anything to you guys gaaaah!" I felt like everyone was making it unnecessarily awkward and immature.

Oh well, that's just DC for you I guess.
I agree, I thought the way that Joey especially was acting was a little annoying. I mean I understand, but still like Dawson told her, it's hard for him, she's a part of him that he can't go back to since his dad died. He still cares about her and they will always be friends, but this thing with Jen needs to have a chance.

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Old 09-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved Jen and Dawson together in season 5. They seemed to fit together really well as well as help each other out in tough situations.
I am an original”
Old 10-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Jen always believed in Dawson. In his pursuit of movies and I think they are just so good together. I'm really savoring their moments in Season 5.

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Old 10-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

I also love their moments together in Season 2 (skinny dipping!!). They're just really great together, as friends and lovers.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Definitely. I like the couples that are underrated on this show lol.

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Old 10-18-2012, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

I wish these two had ended up together, instead of them both ending up alone They were truly good together - they made each other happy
Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I totally agree with that. Jen and Dawson brought out good qualities in each other and they seemed genuinely happy when they were with each other.
I am an original”
Old 10-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

I absolutely love Dawson's flashback from the pilot when he sees Jen getting out of the cab and walking onto the creek. It's probably one of my favourite parts of the finale, it's just so touching, and a perfect way for Jen to have her last goodbye-moment on the show.

Although I wish Joey and Pacey could have mourned her death more, I'm glad to see how much Dawson still cared for her and missed her. She was such a big part of his life. She was like, the first girl he fell in love with. She taught him to live crazy and wild and spontaneous. She was the girl next door, and he was her knight in shining armor.

Last edited by OutoftheWoods; 10-18-2012 at 03:49 PM
Old 10-20-2012, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

I loved that flashback too, it was so nice to see her remembered, see how much she was loved, despite what she may have thought herself.
I have to say I agree that I don't think she was mourned enough by Pacey & Joey I know Jen didn't want that, but still... Dawson, Jack & Grams however

I love this moment:

I’m not your other boyfriends. I’m not gonna fight with you, I’m not gonna lie to you, and I’m not gonna cheat on you. I’m gonna go to the movies. If you wanna come with me, that’d be great. If not, I’ll see you when I get home. ‘Cause I will come home. And I’m gonna keep coming home no matter how hard you try and push me away.

— Dawson Leery
Old 10-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved that scene in season 5 with them. Dawson knew what her insecurities were and he did such a good job with dealing with them.
I am an original”
Old 10-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Me too Exactly - he knew what she was thinking, he knew how she would feel and he handled her doubts perfectly. He knows her so well, that's why they are such a great match in my opinion
Old 10-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Me too, I love how well Dawson sees Jen. But maybe that's why Jen broke up with Dawson, because she just felt safe with him and took his understandability for granted? I don't really remember, I only saw season 5-6 once (over the summer) so I can't really remember.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread