Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ikr? That ending was beyond crazy. Don't get me wrong, I kind of loved it but those kinds of cliffhangers are just not meant for shows that only air during the summer and there is at least half a year between seasons.

What I do like about the show vs the books, though, is that Maura and Jane are distinctly friends in the show. It's nice to have the build-up in the books but I like that they're friends off the bat on the show. It is such a great friendship.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

I love summer shows but I hate them for that same reason

I love the changes they made in the show, especially considering their friendship

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I need to watch the episode where they introduce Hoult again. He's such a prominent presence in the books and I'm wondering if he'll crop up again on the show.

The one thing I didn't really like regarding Maura's character is that they changed her sociopath mother (from the books) into a mob father (in the show). I'd have liked to see Sasha do the scenes where Maura meets her real mother.

And I would kind of like them to bring the Daniel Brophy/Maura love story onto the screen but I don't think it'd happen b/c fans might not warm to the fact that he's a priest
Old 03-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I hope they bring him cause they're totally my ship in the books (the ships are awesome in the books), I don't care if he's a priest

Old 03-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do too. Like you, his status as a priest isn't a big deal to me. I just think that they have great chemistry in the books. And I like that he's the one person who gets her.

Although, Maura in the show is a bit more sociable than Maura in the books. Show!Maura dates a lot and is a little less stand-offish of people. So it'd be interesting how they introduced that whole storyline if they chose to include it.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:58 AM
Elite Fan

I'm a catholic who thinks priests should be allowed to get married so

Maura needs a love interest anyway so I say bring on Daniel

Old 03-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The whole "Vow of Chastity" situation is a bit over the top and ridiculous, imo.

That she does. Who better than Daniel? And I'd like to see the SL from that book be an episode of the show. It was my favorite of the books.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

It wasn't a rule originally anyway, they decided that during the middle ages

Mine too

Old 03-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Didn't know that, actually. It doesn't seem like they adhered to it much towards the end there, especially at the advent of the Renaissance. Then again, corruption seemed right during that time, so why would they take a vow seriously? Honestly, I think it's just completely unreasonable. Most other Christian based religions allow marriage of their pastors and what have you.

I actually found it a little surprising that Jane was a little judgmental of Maura and Daniel when she found out. It was soooo unlike her.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:53 AM
Elite Fan

They decided that cause some priests were quite rich and they didn't want their things (estate, money) to escape the church. No marriage, no kids, problem solved

Old 03-26-2011, 12:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I was very disappointed that at the end of Season Four, Dawson and Gretchen's wonderful relationship was made a casualty of Dawson's lingering feelings for Joey, and The Powers That Be's desire to resuscitate the love triangle that ended Season Three, although in all honesty, they really didn’t do that, as Dawson and Pacey weren’t fighting for Joey’s love at the end of Season Four like they were at the end of Season Three, and to me, the only person who really got hurt at the end of Season Four was Gretchen.
wow im sad to know that it will end like that
it seemed so genuine & the actress is so talented U see the story behind the character. boo i thought she will stay
Old 03-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

I was very sad when she left cause she had ties with two of the main characters

Old 03-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was really disappointing that she left. Though, I feel like they wrote her that way. From moment one, I got the feeling that they never intended her to stay, which sucked. I thought she was a great addition to the cast.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

She was She was such an interesting character and I loved her relationship with both Dawson and Pacey. I think she left to be in Kevin's new show right?

Old 03-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is that why she left? What show was that?