Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2005, 08:16 PM
New Fan

questions!

If we all think that Dawson's Creek "Jumped the shark", and it deffinitly did, in my opinion season five, why did we all continue watching it?

I read somewhere that Dawson's Creek didn't have a TON of viewers, but the fans that it did have were loyal to a fault...any explanation for this?

Actually a more general question: How did you feel when dawson's creek "jumped the shark" for you? What did you do/How'd you react?

The characters of Dawson's creek seemed to change alot throughout the series...in my opinion too much. Although people say there was alot of sex in season one, theres no ACTUAL sex, they just talk about it vs. season five/six when all the characters are shacking up all over the place. Esp. weird w/ joey who in season two asks "Dawson, am I sexual?"
My question about this is did you feel, like, betrayed when a character changed alot? Especially if you related with that character?

what was unrealistic to you about the change in the characters?

Old 05-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

To me, season 5 and 6 could of been a whole lot better than it did, because even at that point if they were considering stopping the show i think of could of prepare a bit more with more better sotrylines to get back on track on what the show was about, i wanted to see more of them interacting college life, which they kinda just left up in the air and not really kept goign with that. so in my opinon dawson's creek could of been better if they wrote season 5 and 6 consistantly instead of stagnant the way they did. I even had to admoit, that after season 5 i stopped watching during season 5, ebcause it got to the point the storylines were so terrible that i didnt even want to watch and it was heartbreaking seeing the show i watched for 5 yrs gets stooped down to this.

About the character changes, the most i hated about the character changes was mostly like dawson, i dont know, its like i know he was older, but it seems like eh was there i dont know i missed the optismic dreamer dawson and during season 5 and 6 he kinda lost that after awhile and that was when i stared not relateing to him so much because in my opinon it stopped beign about him along time ago.. As for joey i thought that she lost some of her magic too, some of what she said and her actions were annoying to me and it was like a part of her was gone as well and i didnt really like that too much either.

I guess the only charcter i was left satify was pacey because i wanted him to really get out of capeside and really make something of himself.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

How did you feel when dawson's creek "jumped the shark" for you? What did you do/How'd you react?

Well for me, Dawson's Creek "jumped the shark" as you put it back at the beginning of season 3 when we had Jen become a cheerleader, Jack become a football player, Dawson all of a sudden more interested in a girl that made his life full of problems and then came the whole downward spiral of Pacey and Andie but especially Andie. I actually rolled my eyes and continued to watch to be honest in hindsight now I wonder why I did because I look back now and laugh at what a bad show it really was.

My question about this is did you feel, like, betrayed when a character changed alot? Especially if you related with that character?

I didn't feel betrayed when a character changed, I felt perplexed as to why they would want to change these wonderful characters that Kevin created.

what was unrealistic to you about the change in the characters?
Joey went from being this fiesty, powerful young woman to being a whimp when it came to men.
Dawson went from being this wonderful young man to all of sudden being this wild child who chased girls that he wouldn't have given the time of day before they wrecked his character.
Jen would have never been a cheerleader.
Jack and the others, I think I covered them above.

In hindsight, I now have no feeling for this show which tells me how bad it was in the end.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:25 PM
New Fan

Yeah, Dawson's definitely jumped the shark at the start of season 5. I hardly watched any episodes during this season - and those I did catch bored me. Moving the show away from capeside was a bad idea - it was like watching a totally different series. It just didn't seem as deep, thoughtful and well made as before. Plus, they split Joey and Pacey up, which I hated!!!! Not to mention the fact that the personalities of all the characters changed for the worse as far as I'm concerned, and there is always the question of 'why would all of the main characters end up in the same city after school?' - very unrealistic. So . . . there's your answer to that one, I actually didn't continue watching after season 4. I only tuned back in for the end of season 6, knowing that it was the last ever season of the show and that there was a chance of a P/J reunion.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Absolute Fan

Well, like most shows, even when it got bad I kept on watching. When you are invested in show even when you hate whats happening the curiosity in you keeps you there so you know how it ends. At one point no one was sure that the show would be renewed for a sixth season. When you are spoiled about a show you just watch sometimes to see how it looks on screen. Like 90210 which in the later years was getting to be really boring and over done I still watched. And much like season 6 of DC, the final season of that show made me sad it was ending when the previous season I was hoping for it to be put out of everyone's misery.