Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2021, 10:44 AM
Mex
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM01 (View Post)
I agree, the treatment of Dawson was unfair especially given that he was the original lead character. He deserved a better ending than ending up alone and seeing his two closest friends that basically backstabbed him now live together and he is supposedly all fine with it.

Obviously I would've preferred Dawson and Joey to end up together, but if they all ended up with someone outside of the main four, it would've been more digestible than her ending up with Pacey. Her ending up with Pacey was the worst option. And it's not really about Pacey himself. It's the fact that he was Dawson's best friend. I would've had the same reaction if Dawson ended up with Gretchen and she was Joey's best friend. It's just wrong and it's a poor reflection of the characters' morals.

Thanks for sharing that news! If they do a reboot, I sure hope they do it right this time!
Yes! Well, I’m also now remembering a lot of other things as I’m writing the replies. Not only did Joey and Pacey completely ruined the starcross lovers story, but they also did so many other things that made me sick of their relationship.

Yes, it was tainted from the start, and I could never understand the romantic scenes and music when they have their moments, like they’re the perfect romance, and not a relationship built on backstabbing and betrayal.

Then, Pacey wanted to sabotage Gretchen and Dawson (hypocrite), but they somehow fixed it when he realized Dawson is best for her.

Joey was jelly of Gretchen, everybody keeps saying Dawson had this selfish feeling that Joey had to be his, while nobody noticed how Joey was constantly angry that Dawson was with Gretchen even though she was with Pacey at the time.

How she and Pacey, after they had sex, spoke how they “don’t want to hurt Dawson but they want to have sex” lol. Now this was quite ridiculous. If they had the slightest care for him, they would have never hooked up in the first place. And when he came to terms with them, they should have at least told him they did it or just not hang out with him and pressure him to “stay friends” with them. They rigged his other relationships while also “feeling sorry” for him, as well as keeping tabs on him and Dawson ends up being the “doofus”.

I feel like KW actually did this on purpose, because Dawson was based on KW, he made him stay alone for some reason (perhaps because KW came out later). It just makes zero sense. Joey and Pacey just didn’t deserve to end up happy and Dawson alone. Big mistake and everyone knows it.
Mex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex (View Post)
Yes! Well, I’m also now remembering a lot of other things as I’m writing the replies. Not only did Joey and Pacey completely ruined the starcross lovers story, but they also did so many other things that made me sick of their relationship.

Yes, it was tainted from the start, and I could never understand the romantic scenes and music when they have their moments, like they’re the perfect romance, and not a relationship built on backstabbing and betrayal.

Then, Pacey wanted to sabotage Gretchen and Dawson (hypocrite), but they somehow fixed it when he realized Dawson is best for her.

Joey was jelly of Gretchen, everybody keeps saying Dawson had this selfish feeling that Joey had to be his, while nobody noticed how Joey was constantly angry that Dawson was with Gretchen even though she was with Pacey at the time.

How she and Pacey, after they had sex, spoke how they “don’t want to hurt Dawson but they want to have sex” lol. Now this was quite ridiculous. If they had the slightest care for him, they would have never hooked up in the first place. And when he came to terms with them, they should have at least told him they did it or just not hang out with him and pressure him to “stay friends” with them. They rigged his other relationships while also “feeling sorry” for him, as well as keeping tabs on him and Dawson ends up being the “doofus”.

I feel like KW actually did this on purpose, because Dawson was based on KW, he made him stay alone for some reason (perhaps because KW came out later). It just makes zero sense. Joey and Pacey just didn’t deserve to end up happy and Dawson alone. Big mistake and everyone knows it.
Yeah it's pathetic that they made Dawson stay friends with them. It's humiliating for his character. Also frankly it's just quite unrealistic.

I think you're right about KW wanting to write Dawson as not ending up with the girl to foreshadow his own life given that Dawson was based on him. But if he wanted Dawson to end up alone, that's fine whatever, just don't tease the audience for six seasons that DJ are star crossed lovers and meant to be, then pull the rug under the fans at the last minute.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Posted by Mex
Quote:
Think about after Pacey and Andie had sex. They were both happy and there were no discussions of "Was I good?"

Actually as written, Pacy and Joey were done and I mean done after season four.

It took the unavailability of Meredith Monroe and pressure put on KW by Stupin and the network to come with the abomination of an ending to the series.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:40 AM
Mex
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Posted by Mex

Think about after Pacey and Andie had sex. They were both happy and there were no discussions of "Was I good?"

Actually as written, Pacy and Joey were done and I mean done after season four.

It took the unavailability of Meredith Monroe and pressure put on KW by Stupin and the network to come with the abomination of an ending to the series.
Yes. Also, when you rewatch all of the seasons, there is one distinct thing that I see standing out.

Each season ends up with Dawson and Joey. I mean look at season 4 for instance, after everything that happened, they still share that very romantic kiss which defies all relationships they had with other people. It completely shuts down anything with Pacey. I don’t understand any PJo shipping when you see that, it just crumbles it down.

Finally, season 5, Pacey and Joey are again back to the season 1 status, nothing between them like they never existed as a couple. Dawson and Joey then back to will they won’t they from season 1 and finally that romantic ending where they kiss yet again, and they do it after she runs to the airport...I mean...how can anyone claim that it was meant to be anything BUT DJo in the end. KW just ran over his whole story and everything in the 6 seasons.
Mex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex (View Post)
Yes. Also, when you rewatch all of the seasons, there is one distinct thing that I see standing out.

Each season ends up with Dawson and Joey. I mean look at season 4 for instance, after everything that happened, they still share that very romantic kiss which defies all relationships they had with other people. It completely shuts down anything with Pacey. I don’t understand any PJo shipping when you see that, it just crumbles it down.

Finally, season 5, Pacey and Joey are again back to the season 1 status, nothing between them like they never existed as a couple. Dawson and Joey then back to will they won’t they from season 1 and finally that romantic ending where they kiss yet again, and they do it after she runs to the airport...I mean...how can anyone claim that it was meant to be anything BUT DJo in the end. KW just ran over his whole story and everything in the 6 seasons.
Did you realize that the season four ending is exactly the same as the season one ending? Even the music was the same. The only difference was,; that there is no ladder against the house season four.

Also Andie was brought back season four, and her and Pacey finally had the conversation they should have had season three.

So Dawson and Joey are together and snogging. Pacey and Andie are in a good place with a good chance they'll resume their relationship.

The writers thought the series was going to end season four, so they put everyone back where they belong.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread