Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't like how Pacey never did anything romantic for Joey, but for Andie and Audrey. He was nicer to them then he was to Joey imo. He showed Andie and Audrey, but I didn't see anything with Joey. If he did anything romantic, I didnt see it. He seemed more at ease with Andie and Audrey, happier and never hesistant to show the ladies that he loved them. but I never saw that with Joey, so it was hard to believe their love.

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 12-28-2013 at 04:54 PM
Forwood4Bamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Extreme Fan

[QUOTE=JJH85;73485489]

"Joey did too in Season 4, he was starting getting A's and was able to do all of the Sr. year courses and make up the three he failed which happened with Joey's help. They just didn't focus on that because they already did with the Andie/Pacey storyline."

I don't recall any big push by Joey to help him study. The question is why did his grades slip after he learned how to get good grades?

"I agree that was a dick move, but technically they weren't dating at all at that point, so to send him packing would have been premature for that relationship."

Technically not dating???? He took a girl to a dance..That is a date and even if they were not on a date he showed very poor tasted by shooting Andie down and dancing with Christy Livingstone. Basically sending the message to Andie; you're not good enough to dance with, but Christy is.

"In Pacey's apology to Andie he did say that he thought when he asked her to Prom it was because he wanted to go to prom with her and it wasn't until he got there that he even realized himself that it was because Joey was going to be there, so that was not an intentional insincere gesture."

His apology was lame and again he shoved Andie into second place. If I was her brother at that dance I would have went over and kicked Pacey's ass for the stunt he pulled. He was definately low class

"No one ever said he was moral, if anything it was consistently eluded to the fact that he didn't really have morals (starting back in S1)

With Andie he developed Morals"

"That line was never about her mental state, it was about her sleeping with Mark and that the fact that their love wasn't strong enough the first time was what Pacey was talking about."

It was all about her mental state. He plainly stated that she descended in to madness because his love was not strong enough......He inferred that if he really really loved her she would not have lost her grip on reality.

"I don't necessarily disagree with this statement; however, there were times in their relationship that Joey reassured Pacey about things, so she was supportive to some degree."

During this period Joey treated Dawson more like a boyfriend. She was always worried about pleasing or angering him. Pacey was obviously second to her. Also remember Joey never would have followed Pacey at the end of season three till Dawson released her. She valued Dawson's opinion way more than her boyfriends.

"Was there really ever a super good guy of the series? Thanks, I enjoyed debating these topics. It's fun in a very friendly way."

I can't argue that point.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry to invade this Thread. I really should have stayed away from the Pacey Unappreciation thread, I have way too much love and respect for both the actor and character to visit here. Please continue without me.
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love pacey too, but with joey he was so insecure. I love happy, romantic sweet pacey, not when he's depressed and not doing romantic gestures.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Basically it's like this.

Andie made him happy, Joey didn't.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Basically it's like this.

Andie made him happy, Joey didn't.
yeah even audrey was better. They both brought out the likable, romantic pacey that I love.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forwood4Bamon (View Post)
yeah even audrey was better. They both brought out the likable, romantic pacey that I love.
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland Fan Forever (View Post)

I think that the real problem was that while everyone else moved forward and grew up that with Pacey that there was one terrible decision after another and while the show turned into "The Creek" or "Pacey's Place" that the writers in my opinion never saw much potential in Pacey because to me if the writers and powers that be did I think we would've seen more storylines and not just watching Pacey make self-destructive decisions over and over again. I also thought that Joey wasn't the love of Pacey's life because he always seemed to feel that he was never good enough for her and to me if someone is the love of someone's life that someone shouldn't constantly feel like they aren't good enough for their boyfriend or girlfriend. Even in the end it always seemed to me that whenever Joey and Pacey had problems she ran to Dawson without even thinking twice and there was no indication that this was ever going to stop. I don't think Joey did anything wrong to make Pacey feel bad about himself per se but, I don't think that dating her helped him at all and that unlike Joey who would run to Dawson when they had problems Andie was the person who actually made him feel good about himself and she was the only person who was going to force Pacey to grow up and deal with things constructively and once Andie left Pacey's storylines all seemed to repeat themselves and the writers failed to move his character forward in my opinion.
I agree wholeheartedly
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:02 AM
Mex
New Fan

I really like this thread, too bad that some of the posts are 10 years old haha xD

I especially agree with how Pacey was preaching to everyone about honesty and fairness, while at the same time completely backstabbing his best friend and ruining it all for everyone.

Finale makes no sense, he is by far not the guy for Joey, Dawson is and always will be. When she goes into any serious marital fight with Pacey she will run back to Dawson for comfort, because that’s Joey, attention seeker and never able to decide what she wants. Even the finale shows she forced the decision, not even the show creator could hide it in their body language.
Mex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex (View Post)
I really like this thread, too bad that some of the posts are 10 years old haha xD

I especially agree with how Pacey was preaching to everyone about honesty and fairness, while at the same time completely backstabbing his best friend and ruining it all for everyone.
Isn't it also funny that he did the more mature thing when he was younger and actually asked Dawson if he could make a move on Joey before trying anything but when he gets older he does the more immature thing by sneaking around and lying to his best friend lol. The paradox... He actually regresses (and not just with this) as the seasons go on. Sad what they did to one of the leading male characters.

Quote:
Finale makes no sense, he is by far not the guy for Joey, Dawson is and always will be. When she goes into any serious marital fight with Pacey she will run back to Dawson for comfort, because that’s Joey, attention seeker and never able to decide what she wants. Even the finale shows she forced the decision, not even the show creator could hide it in their body language.
I also don't see how Pacey and Joey are compatible AT ALL. He could never handle her success and her closeness with Dawson and she could never motivate him like Andie could.

In the finale there is no indication that they sorted out their prior problems. Pacey's insecurities were never addressed both regarding Dawson and his inferiority complex of Joey's education and career.

I think the Dawson insecurity would eventually lead to their demise. I can already see it coming to surface again when for example the minute Joey and Pacey have a fight, you can bet that Joey would go straight to Dawson to vent because he's her best friend and it would make sense to go to him because in a real life scenario anyone would go to their best friends to vent about their problems. In this case and unfortunately for Pacey, it just so happens to be Dawson (the soulmate) and Pacey would understandably become insecure again, then Joey would reassure him that nothing's going on, then they fight again, and the same cycle is repeated again and again until Pacey finally snaps and either breaks up with her because he can't get over the insecurity or she breaks up with him because she's fed up with his paranoia.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-09-2021, 12:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Sorry! Nothing against Joshua or Pacey of season 1 and 2!
Old 03-09-2021, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know that and I don't post in this Thread, but as Moderator I have to monitor the Threads. You guys are respectful, so thanks for that as it is policy.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-12-2021, 11:03 AM
Mex
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM01 (View Post)
Isn't it also funny that he did the more mature thing when he was younger and actually asked Dawson if he could make a move on Joey before trying anything but when he gets older he does the more immature thing by sneaking around and lying to his best friend lol. The paradox... He actually regresses (and not just with this) as the seasons go on. Sad what they did to one of the leading male characters.

I also don't see how Pacey and Joey are compatible AT ALL. He could never handle her success and her closeness with Dawson and she could never motivate him like Andie could.

In the finale there is no indication that they sorted out their prior problems. Pacey's insecurities were never addressed both regarding Dawson and his inferiority complex of Joey's education and career.

I think the Dawson insecurity would eventually lead to their demise. I can already see it coming to surface again when for example the minute Joey and Pacey have a fight, you can bet that Joey would go straight to Dawson to vent because he's her best friend and it would make sense to go to him because in a real life scenario anyone would go to their best friends to vent about their problems. In this case and unfortunately for Pacey, it just so happens to be Dawson (the soulmate) and Pacey would understandably become insecure again, then Joey would reassure him that nothing's going on, then they fight again, and the same cycle is repeated again and again until Pacey finally snaps and either breaks up with her because he can't get over the insecurity or she breaks up with him because she's fed up with his paranoia.
I agree 100%! Dawson also showed how much of a man he is in Season 4 to Pacey, something Pacey never was able to do towards Dawson.

1. He saved his life on that boat without thinking twice

2. He actually told him about his plans with Gretchen, and did it so perfectly, by explaining that it will just happen no matter what he or Pacey do. Mature and level headed.

3. He made that picture of Pacey and Joey for her as a present, bypassing all his pain and disappointment...

Dawson was very unfairly treated during the whole show. He deserved at least to end up with Gretchen, if not Joey. I hope they fix this, as Mary Margaret Hummes (Gail) said that the reboot is very very possible (this was 3 days ago).

Hoping for the best!
Mex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 04:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I agree 100%! Dawson also showed how much of a man he is in Season 4 to Pacey, something Pacey never was able to do towards Dawson.

1. He saved his life on that boat without thinking twice

2. He actually told him about his plans with Gretchen, and did it so perfectly, by explaining that it will just happen no matter what he or Pacey do. Mature and level headed.

3. He made that picture of Pacey and Joey for her as a present, bypassing all his pain and disappointment...

Dawson was very unfairly treated during the whole show. He deserved at least to end up with Gretchen, if not Joey. I hope they fix this, as Mary Margaret Hummes (Gail) said that the reboot is very very possible (this was 3 days ago).

Hoping for the best!
I agree, the treatment of Dawson was unfair especially given that he was the original lead character. He deserved a better ending than ending up alone and seeing his two closest friends that basically backstabbed him now live together and he is supposedly all fine with it.

Obviously I would've preferred Dawson and Joey to end up together, but if they all ended up with someone outside of the main four, it would've been more digestible than her ending up with Pacey. Her ending up with Pacey was the worst option. And it's not really about Pacey himself. It's the fact that he was Dawson's best friend. I would've had the same reaction if Dawson ended up with Gretchen and she was Joey's best friend. It's just wrong and it's a poor reflection of the characters' morals.

Thanks for sharing that news! If they do a reboot, I sure hope they do it right this time!