Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2012, 10:11 PM
New Fan

I don't know if I am just a sucker for forbidden romances, but this is probably my favorite to ever air on television. When I first watched the series I was young; re-watching the series in college has definitely shined a new light on the first season. Pacey/Tamara are AMAZING. I just finished episode 2.04 and I think I rewound the warehouse kiss 5 times. Something about it being wrong and dangerous and beautiful all at once is so appealing. You can definitely tell they had chemistry!! I miss it already!!!

NOTHING WILL EVER BE HOTTER THAN THESE KISSES.

tiffanyrae09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Ya think Tamara ever thought about Pacey over the years after that?
americanamuchacha020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:29 AM
Extreme Fan

I totally think so!!! I love their wear house kiss!! That was just HOT!!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Loved when she was explaining about her past ... LOL The exchange:

P: How old are you Tamara, what, 35?
T: Something like that ....
P: You've been with other guys, right?
T (smiling at his curiosity): Some, yes.
P: A lot?
T: Well, not a lot that mattered.
P: (Genuinely curious) And how many was that?
T: That mattered? You want numbers?
Pacey nods.
T: Well, let's see. There was one in high school. And one in college. And since then, I'd say ... uh ... there have been three. But no one for a few years.
P: Oh. (Dejected) Well, uh ... great. Thanks.
A beat.
T: Pacey.
P: Yeah?
T: About the one in high school? I didn't mean MY high school.

Loved that moment so much ... and the grin he has on his face.
This is one of my favorite moments, too.

Can I be added, please? (Why is it that I ask to be added in every Pacey/Somebody thread? He does have chemistry with everyone!)
Lorelai82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Supreme Fan

They had amazing chemistry - they rocked it. It was bittersweet that they kept it realistic and that yes, both did end up going their separate ways, but she would always be his first and she'd always have a special place in his heart. She would also carry him with her. It made it so endearing when they shared their final kiss because they hated to part, but knew it had to end ... what better way than a kiss that said it all when no words would be enough.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Wes&FredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

I have to say I don't ship these two together, but I have to admit they had chemistry. I also loved some of Pacey's moments while he was with Tamara.

Adding you right away Thais
Old 10-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Supreme Fan

He definitely became a man just by knowing her ... within just a handful of episodes he loved her, and yet he appeared before the school board like a knight in shining armor to defend her ... knowing that he could tell the truth about their love and ruin her life forever, or lie to appease people who wouldn't understand, take the fall entirely, look like a liar and a fool ... but save her career. He said it was a lie, a fantasy - but their final kiss said it all. Reminiscent of "The Notebook" when they grabbed each other.

Loved how she told Doug that he should be proud of Pacey because he was a remarkable "young man."

For those two characters (and the actors who had such potent chemistry to carry it off) it worked. But in real life, nah.

The guy that Andie fell for, and the guy that Joey fell for, was a positive result of Tamara's presence and love that he had in his life, albeit briefly. He grew up a little, and learned how to love.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
He definitely became a man just by knowing her ... within just a handful of episodes he loved her, and yet he appeared before the school board like a knight in shining armor to defend her ... knowing that he could tell the truth about their love and ruin her life forever, or lie to appease people who wouldn't understand, take the fall entirely, look like a liar and a fool ... but save her career. He said it was a lie, a fantasy - but their final kiss said it all. Reminiscent of "The Notebook" when they grabbed each other.

Loved how she told Doug that he should be proud of Pacey because he was a remarkable "young man."
That he does these kind of things is one of the reasons I love him so much. So selfless. And I also loved that she said that.

I never imagined they should've been together for long, but they had such a significant relationship. The fact that this older woman liked Pacey so much was so important for his self-esteem, that's always so ridiculously crushed by everyone else. And they truly cared about each other, which is so unexpected in these situations, with such a big age difference. I agree with what people have said, she'll always be his first love, and he'll always have major importance in her life.

Thanks for the add, Anka!
Old 10-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Supreme Fan

Definitely - I'll always consider her his first love. Theirs was a profound and deep relationship, despite how brief it was.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Master Fan

Really brief, but so intense. I remember crying my eyes out when then broke up when I saw it for the first time 14 years ago, and I cried my eyes out when I rewatched it last Sunday. That scene is so overwhelming, especially when she says that she wasn't sure if she could handle one last kiss.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Supreme Fan

Loved when they saw each other in S2 and that kiss in the warehouse ... that was just "Whoa." They were both all set to walk away from each other, then they spun around at the same moment and reached for each other.

Pacey & Tamara - Reunion and Goodbye

Loved that line when they both admit that they miss each other without saying it directly. It's just clear in the subtext. They had their own private goodbye and left things as perfectly as possible within the walls of the warehouse, everything done and said between them.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeezy (View Post)
Bump - Newbie

They were my first ship. My favourite couple. I loved them so much. I just about balled when she returned and they said goodbye - again.
They were one of my first ships too. My first primetime TV ship, and they were beautiful. I ship Pacey and Joey in the end, but I loved Pacey and Tamara just as much, maybe even a bit more because I love LeAnn Hunley so much. They were fun and frisky, sexy and sweet. It was an odd kind of innocent, because their relationship was scandalous, but between them it was innocent in a way.

writer/muse soulmates
- Linn - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

my very first ship. I also loved Pacey/audrey, Pacey/Andie, Pacey/Jen. not a big fan of Pacey/Joey.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked Pacey and Tamara mainly because of how it made Pacey's character grow and it was so unexpected that it would go as far as it did and how deeply she felt about him.

I didn't agree with the whole Teacher/Student thing, but once you got past that, it was fun to watch. It helped me to know that Josh was not actually 15 like Pacey and that he was legal and doing those scenes.
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I liked Pacey and Tamara mainly because of how it made Pacey's character grow and it was so unexpected that it would go as far as it did and how deeply she felt about him.

I didn't agree with the whole Teacher/Student thing, but once you got past that, it was fun to watch. It helped me to know that Josh was not actually 15 like Pacey and that he was legal and doing those scenes.
I love how he had a crush on her.