Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2003, 07:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Pacey J. Witter Appreciation Thread - Because...how can there not be one

Alright, so I was over at the P/J thread defending my boy - which meant throwing around some Joey-hate - and those people got all upset. I got to thinking again how there isn't a thread simply devoted to Pacey. I'm not sure how it happened that the best character in show didn't have his own thread, but decided it was time to rectify it.

So, here it is. Feel free to discuss anything and everything that makes Pacey "Da Man".

For a topic starter, what are your all-time favorite Pacey moments or Pacey quotes. I know it's difficult - if not impossible - to pick just one so mentioning two or three of your faves is perfectly cool.

Without giving it too much thought, here are a few of mine (not in any order):

Moments
- The final scene of The Graduate - the smile on his face as he goes into the airport and walking to the plane as his name is called.
- His rant while calling Joey on her Dawson-crap in Coming Home
- The Valentines Day Massacre speech - "For the 476 time...the ballad of Dawson and Joey..."

Quotes
- "Get in bed Jo, and while you're at it, get over yourself."
- "Principal Green, thank God you are here. In preparing for our botany assignment, it appears that Josephine and I, we wandered significantly farther away from the school than we had anticipated. Frankly, I was beginning to worry that we weren't gonna make it home by nightfall."
- "Awww, you're not going to let poor Pacey play any of your perverted reindeer games."

[ 07-18-2003: Message edited paceydaman ]

[ 07-18-2003: Message edited paceydaman ]
Old 07-17-2003, 07:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Thank you so much paceydaman!

I was thinking about this myself lately!

I will check back with posts of my fav quotes and moments. I am so glad to have a thread to gush about him and praise his talent.

Hey are there any PW fans with artisitic skills to make a banner for our man?

Pacey really is the MAN! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

P.S. paceydaman if you're a JP hater how some you have her as your avie? Just wondering [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-17-2003: Message edited billibhoney ]

Go Tar Heels!!
Old 07-17-2003, 07:41 AM
Extreme Fan

I love pacey, he is the best character in dc and plus joshua jackson plays him, i will post later with some quotes and pictures [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Credit to degrassi_icons
for my icon
Old 07-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank You, Thank You Paceydaman, for starting this, its about time... lets hope it wont get shut down either.....

Here are some pics of the god himself......

sigh... he's just so cute......

now for the quotes...

What you said earlier was right. I never did. How could I? Just look at you

... you and I were one of the few things, perhaps the only thing... that ever made total and complete sense in my life. That's what I know

, my whole life you have been the most beautiful thing in my orbit. And my feelings for you were what proved to me that I could be great. And those feelings were stronger and were wiser and more persistent and more resilient than anything else about me.

: You're off the hook. I've never really put much faith in all that "if you love someone, set them free" crap, as evidenced by everything I've done in my life up to this very moment, but I am determined to be happy, Joey. Happy in this life. And I love you. I mean, I always-- I have always, always loved you. But our timing has just never been right. And the way I figure it, time is no man's friend. So I have to get right with that and be happy, now. Because this is it. I mean, this is all that we get. If there's one thing I've learned from losing Jen, that's what I've learned.

Actually, um, hold on. I'm not done yet. Because I also want for you to be happy. It's really important for me that you be happy. So I want you to be with someone, whether it be Dawson or New York guy or some man that you haven't even met yet. But I want you to be with someone who can be a part of the life that you want for yourself. I want you to be with someone who makes you feel like I feel when I'm with you. So, I guess the point to this long run-on sentence that's been the last 10 years of our lives is just that the simple act of being in love with you is enough for me. So you're off the hook.

fave moments by pacey,

all in castaways,
all in sex and violence
Old 07-17-2003, 08:47 AM
Jay
Master Fan

it's about time we get a thread to pay our respect and love to da man himself, Pacey J. Witter. everytime i write the middle initial J., i keep thinking about the time when Joey made a comment about the "Pacey J. Witter" being a memorial dedication. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] she said that in season 3 when Pacey was helping out with the B&B.

anyways back to Pacey, he's my fav' character on the show. what i like about him is that he speaks his mind, not afraid to act upon, he's a ladies man, his love for Joey made him a much better man and lastly, he's unselfish. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2003, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

LOL,I've been thinking about opening a Joey thread,lately...

Thanks Paceydaman for opening this one.

Josh has never been more right than when he said "The better man won".Damn right Pacey was THE man [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2003, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

I found where Josh put that quote about the better man winning.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 07-17-2003, 09:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Redrac
I love your avie!

It's my fav photo of him. It's my computer at work's wall paper. It puts a smile on my face everytime.

One of the things I love about Pacey is that he cares about everyone else so much. Sometimes at his own expense. Such a giving and warm character. I also love the Witter Wit!

Any guesses at what the J Stands for?

Go Tar Heels!!
Old 07-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by billibhoney:
<STRONG>Hey are there any PW fans with artisitic skills to make a banner for our man?</STRONG>

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Thank you so much paceydaman!

I was thinking about this myself lately!

I will check back with posts of my fav quotes and moments. I am so glad to have a thread to gush about him and praise his talent.

Hey are there any PW fans with artisitic skills to make a banner for our man?

Pacey really is the MAN! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

P.S. paceydaman if you're a JP hater how some you have her as your avie? Just wondering [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-17-2003: Message edited billibhoney ]</STRONG>
Glad you like the thread. As far as my avie, I picked it for the Katie Holmes effect - not Joey Potter.

Malha - Thanks so much for the great banner. Which reminds me... since I don't really have the time or creative ability, I will appreciate any and all Pacey photos, videos, etc. that people want to contribute.

In honor of THE MAN, let's make this the fastest, most comprehensive thread on the board!

[ 07-17-2003: Message edited paceydaman ]
Old 07-17-2003, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Any guesses at what the J Stands for?
i think it could be john after his idiot of a dad.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:42 AM
Jay
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG> Any guesses at what the J Stands for?</STRONG>

i'm taking an educated guess on this..i would J stands for Jeffrey. Like Pacey Jeffrey Witter.

it would be funny if J stand for Joey...i doubt the other Joey(his love) knows. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 07-17-2003: Message edited Jay_10 ]
Old 07-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

It's hard to believe there wasn't a thread before. But that happens. I think people get more caught up in the ship than in the people in the ship.

It took us forever to get just a plain ol' Spike App. Thread on the BtVS Board.

Anyway, fav Pacey quote:

'I remember everything.'
Old 07-17-2003, 10:33 AM
Extreme Fan

A Pacey Witter threat!!! That's very [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] thanks for starting it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I don't have time now to read all the posts and give my favourite moments and quotes... but i've read that a banner is needed... well last weekend i did two jen banners and being Pacey my favourite caracther ever... how can't i do a banner for his thread?
I'm gonna work on it this evening... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

later...
Old 07-17-2003, 10:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by T O B Y:
<STRONG>It's hard to believe there wasn't a thread before. But that happens. I think people get more caught up in the ship than in the people in the ship.

</STRONG>
See, for me, its the other way around. The reason I ship P/J or P/A is Pacey.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread