Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

I gotcha, Beth.

I hope it didn't inspire them to imitate it either, and I'm sure it didn't. People are just strange. I guess what I didn't like most about Pacey/Tamara is that I knew Pacey was going to end up hurt in the end, I knew it wouldn't last. They ended it a lot better than I thought though. It could have gotten a lot more messy.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Ali
Master Fan

People who watch movies about drug dealers and druggies don't become addicts afterwords.

But I guess it's about which audience a show or movie is catered to. DC was aimed at teens... some who I'm sure were impressionable.

So I kind of get it.
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

I thought it was kind of weird..that the relationship wasn't mentioned often, since it happened in high school. Stuff like that is always remembered espically by students and teachers. In reality Pacey would be known as the guy who slept with his English teacher and that would be with him till he graduated

I highly doubt some teacher would take the storyline to heart and think she can find a "pacey" student
Old 06-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Ali
Master Fan

IKR.

I agree, Jamie. It was inevitable that he was going to get hurt and I didn't like that either.

hehe
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 06-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Marie (View Post)
I'm with Ally. Tamara did everything for Pacey that people praise Andie for, and before she did.
Have thy children.
growing up. moving on.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Dawson's Creek board!
Old 06-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfirstlove (View Post)
Well..back then the whole student/teacher realtionship wasn't in the spotlight as it is now. I think the Pacey/Tamara storyline might have come from well..fantasy lol and the Mary Kay Lertornoue lady who is just bat**** crazy

but it was interesting back then and people laughed about and I remember a show years ago I forget the name now..but the scene was..A kid asked his teacher out on a date and her response was "Were not on Dawson's Creek" But now...if a storyline like that came out..I bet their would be some controversy. Its been about ten years and ten years changes everything.
But you make a good point; these teacher/student situations are seen more prevalently today than before. And I know Law and Order: SVU did a show about a teacher who had sex with one of her students because of some crazy brain tumor or something. It was definately more controversial whereas I think DC was a little more light-hearted about it. I mean, it was turned into a bit of a love story.

I think it was quashed alltogether because Pacey could not be some casanova who nailed his teacher but also be that sweet, kind, gentle guy who became the archetype for the perfect boyfriend.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Ali
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starzscarme (View Post)
But you make a good point; these teacher/student situations are seen more prevalently today than before. And I know Law and Order: SVU did a show about a teacher who had sex with one of her students because of some crazy brain tumor or something. It was definately more controversial whereas I think DC was a little more light-hearted about it. I mean, it was turned into a bit of a love story.
I totally saw that episode of SVU. It was horrible! And I think the kid in the story was younger than Pacey was... not that it makes the Pacey/Tamara situation right lol.
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 06-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

I totally remember that episode..and she wasnt a teacher she was the principal and she ended up getting preggo ...

okay back to Pacey J. Witter..I him
Old 06-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Ali
Master Fan

I forgot that she ended up getting preggers lol. That episode has scarred me for life lmfao.

But yes, back to Pacey!

Adorable in a penguin suit.
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 06-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, definitely! and I loved him in that episode! his "William Wallace" speech was so great!
Old 06-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Yeah it was!
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 06-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Passionate Fan

and you can see what a great guy he is in that epi, too. when Jen sees Dawson watch Joey sing, Pacey makes this remark about Jen wanting her ex back and she asks him if he thinks that she's that bad and he only says she's that human. just shows that he doesn't judge people like some others on the show
Old 06-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Pacey never judged..he isnt the type to sit all high and mighty on people and be hypocritcal.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Passionate Fan

and I loved his accent in that scene! not that I could say if it really was Scottish...