Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Marie (View Post)
I feel the same way, but Audrey was ultimately right about the suit and what it would do to him.
True..but he does redeem himself lol and he goes back to the lovable Chef Pacey where..he really belonged.

Edit to add Pacey vids: (I cant stop watching PJ vids )
YouTube - Pacey- Don't Let me Get me
YouTube - Pacey Witter - Take A Picture

Last edited by Myfirstlove; 06-16-2008 at 09:23 PM
Old 06-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

That cap is beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starzscarme (View Post)
See, I tend to disagree. Granted, Pacey did some things to Audrey that were thoughtless, but I thought that it was more Audrey putting a strain on their relationship with her unreal expectations of Pacey and his situation. She seemed to want Pacey to be with her all the time and wanted him to get wrapped up in dropping off the planet because that is what she did. In reality, Pacey did not have the option to do that because he had to make a living and pay his way. He really did not have anyone to fall back on if he could not take care of himself whereas Audrey had, at least, a cushion even if her mother did seem like a snob. I agree that they were at different stages though - Pacey had to grow-up a little faster than Audrey did.

I suppose I just hated the way it was always made to seem that Pacey was the main contributing factor to Audrey's spiral out of control. She seemed like she needed Pacey to be her everything by the beginning of S6 and he just was never going to live up to that standard. I mean, he imposed that role on himself in S4 when he was with Joey, thinking that he needed to be perfect for her, and he ended up cracking under the weight of his own pressure. Do I think it was unfortunate the way things ended between Audrey and Pacey? Sure. Their break-up sucked for them both. But I think Pacey would have stayed and, ultimately, he would have ended up as unhappy as Audrey was.
I completely understand that look on things. I wasn't by any means saying that Audrey had the right to blame Pacey for her later behavior. I was simply commenting on the stuff during their relationship. Audrey could have been a bit more understanding at times, but for the most part, she was at the end of the day. Again, during their relationship. Pacey wasn't a horrible boyfriend, but I do think Audrey just wasn't the person for him anymore once he got that job.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
I completely understand that look on things. I wasn't by any means saying that Audrey had the right to blame Pacey for her later behavior. I was simply commenting on the stuff during their relationship. Audrey could have been a bit more understanding at times, but for the most part, she was at the end of the day. Again, during their relationship. Pacey wasn't a horrible boyfriend, but I do think Audrey just wasn't the person for him anymore once he got that job.
Oh, I know you were not condemning Pacey for Audrey's fall from grace. That was more my own observation and I blame the writers, really. There shall be no cat fights here on the Pacey thread. It's all about the love. hehe.

But seriously...

I just think Audrey and Pacey were spun into something that they were never really meant to be - a long-term, romantic relationship. Did they have chemistry? Sure. But their "relationship" seemed to start flirty, highly physical, and non-exclusive. If I remember correctly, they did not get exclusive until the spring break ep. It seemed a mistake to me to try and put the Pacey and Audrey situation in the same category as his relationships with Andie and Joey. When they tried that, it just seemed so forced and a little doomed. Even when he said, "I don't know if I was ever in love with Audrey," I thought that made sense. I did not think he was meant to be in love with Audrey. I just hate how it was written to be another great love of Pacey's life when it started out as something completely different seemed to fail in the transition.

I will admit that the suit did change Pacey. I cannot remember much from the P/Audrey relationship to be honest other than what I stated before. I never paid much attention in S5 or S6. But I do remember him being a bit of a dick to his roommate Emma when she agreed to go to his work party with him and she chopped up her expensive dress to make it more her style. So if he was like that with Audrey too, then maybe he should have shaped up.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, I wasn't even beginning fighting with you! No cat fights from me, ever.

You are right, they were not official till towards the end of the spring break (100th) episode. I agree, Audrey should not really be considered a great love of Pacey's like Andie and Joey. Audrey and Pacey started in a completely different way. However, he clearly showed that he cared about her on several occasions, even early on. For example, in the episode where Dawson was showing his movie, and Audrey lied about how many guys she had been with. Pacey showed how much he cared about being with Audrey there.

Yes, the suit changed Pacey! Pacey wasn't really a dick to Audrey, but he did mess up a couple times, putting work before Audrey. Which is not such a bad thing, except for the fact that he came off as lying. He told Audrey he was going to be at work studying all night, so he couldn't go to a party with her. Then the guys at work (important guys at work - all of his bosses) ask him to go out to the strip club with them, and he goes... and of course, runs into Audrey. The other time was when Audrey was going to sing with Emma in Hells Bells for the first time and Pacey promised her he would be at the show. He did not come, and she went to his apartment to find out that he was sleeping on the couch because he was so tired from work. So I mean, it definitely could be worse on Pacey's part, but it would upset any girl. My original point was just that I think Audrey handled those situations a bit better than I expected her to. There were also at least 2 episodes in which Audrey wanted to go out, but Pacey was too tired, and she accommodated that. On the flip side, the times when Audrey was yelling at Pacey about the job and telling him to quit, etc, I felt very bad for Pacey, and was totally on his side in that. In conclusion, that is why I feel they just were not right for each other anymore. Pacey was committed to a full-time job, and Audrey was still wanting to be a 20 year old college girl. No one's fault if you ask me.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Ali
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfirstlove (View Post)
True..but he does redeem himself lol and he goes back to the lovable Chef Pacey where..he really belonged.

Edit to add Pacey vids: (I cant stop watching PJ vids )
YouTube - Pacey- Don't Let me Get me
YouTube - Pacey Witter - Take A Picture
I added them. I love the "Take a Picture" one... and the very ending.

Quote:
I just think Audrey and Pacey were spun into something that they were never really meant to be - a long-term, romantic relationship. Did they have chemistry? Sure. But their "relationship" seemed to start flirty, highly physical, and non-exclusive. If I remember correctly, they did not get exclusive until the spring break ep. It seemed a mistake to me to try and put the Pacey and Audrey situation in the same category as his relationships with Andie and Joey. When they tried that, it just seemed so forced and a little doomed. Even when he said, "I don't know if I was ever in love with Audrey," I thought that made sense. I did not think he was meant to be in love with Audrey.
I completely agree. I believed him when he said that he wasn't sure if he was ever in love with Audrey. It made sense if you take into consideration their entire relationship.

I don't see Audrey as being one of Paey's great loves. I'd consider Tamara being on the list before I'd consider Audrey as a part of it.
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't see Audrey as being one of Paey's great loves. I'd consider Tamara being on the list before I'd consider Audrey as a part of it.
Wow! That's a crazy thought, but I definitely believe Pacey really cared about Tamara.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Ali
Master Fan

Well I'm a crazy gal.

I just think that Audrey was mostly a physical and fun thing.

And I think Pacey will always have a place in his heart for Tamara... after all she was his first!

lollllll
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 06-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Elite Fan

Very true, and I agree for the most part. I just did not like the Pacey/Tamara storyline much.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And I think Pacey will always have a place in his heart for Tamara... after all she was his first!
Couldn't agree more.
She was his first in a lot of ways.
The first to believe in him.. the first to find him mature.. the first to give him a chance.. first sexual experience.

Definitely.
growing up. moving on.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

I didn't mind the Pacey/Tamara storyline all that much, back then. But now...as I'm older and you hear about these teachers all over the United States doing the same thing with even younger boys, its like..yuck ..I mean..its great for a tv storyline. It's juicy and great gossip, but..if you look at it realistically not the best route and you have to wonder the mind set of Tamara.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

totally...
Old 06-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Ali
Master Fan

True, but it is TV. Hopefully the people who watched the PT storyline weren't silly enough to think it's okay to happen in real life.

I'm with Ally. Tamara did everything for Pacey that people praise Andie for, and before she did.

I gotta give Tamara credit. She was the Valentina Tereshkova of the bunch (the first lady in space).

There hasn't been a lady that walked on the moon yet.

Dawson's Creek board!
Old 06-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't even beginning fighting with you! No cat fights from me, ever.
I didn't think so and neither was I. Though, like with anything, fandom comes with that "I disagree but please don't rip my head off" disclaimer, right? The cat fighting thing was more of a joke, mostly because if Pacey were an actual guy, as opposed to just a character....well, lets just say it's probably a good thing there'd be enough of him to go around.

Quote:
I didn't mind the Pacey/Tamara storyline all that much, back then. But now...as I'm older and you hear about these teachers all over the United States doing the same thing with even younger boys, its like..yuck ..I mean..its great for a tv storyline. It's juicy and great gossip, but..if you look at it realistically not the best route and you have to wonder the mind set of Tamara.
Exactly.
I was always thought, "That's kinda...odd...but it's tv so whatever." I suppose that is just art immitating life to drum up some controversy and maybe get people to watch and weigh on the whole situation.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Ali
Master Fan

I remember on the commentary for season one, KW was talking about how controversial it was. I always thought that was odd because it's just TV to me.

I didn't think it would actually inspire teachers or 15-year-old boys to imitate it.

I hope it didn't.
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly.
I was always thought, "That's kinda...odd...but it's tv so whatever." I suppose that is just art immitating life to drum up some controversy and maybe get people to watch and weigh on the whole situation.
Well..back then the whole student/teacher realtionship wasn't in the spotlight as it is now. I think the Pacey/Tamara storyline might have come from well..fantasy lol and the Mary Kay Lertornoue lady who is just bat**** crazy

but it was interesting back then and people laughed about and I remember a show years ago I forget the name now..but the scene was..A kid asked his teacher out on a date and her response was "Were not on Dawson's Creek" But now...if a storyline like that came out..I bet their would be some controversy. Its been about ten years and ten years changes everything.