Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2015, 11:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Ok I don't think Pacey used Andie to spend time with Joey. Pacey didnt set out to intentionally hurt Andie, and asked her because he felt bad she didnt have a date and didn't want her to miss prom. I don't think he even wanted to go.
I am going to have to disagree with you. If he was so worried about Andie he wouldn't have jumped up and danced with Joey first chance he had. Pacey wasn't dumb. He must have know the devastating effect that would have on Andie. He didn't care.

I agree that there was plenty of story lines left for Andie. I don't think it was the character they wanted to go, but the actress Meredith Monroe. Not on account of any misbehaviour on her part. By all accounts Meredith Monroe is an excellent actress, always prepared and didn't cause any drama on the set.

I believe that the network wanted her gone. At that time they were promoting Katie Holmes as the next IT girl. Meredith was becoming very popular, front page of Magazines, commercials etc. Plus Meredith is an excellent actress and when not dressed as Andie a stunning looking woman. So they removed the competition.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a beautiful photo of her. I find it hard to believe that there was that much competition to the point that they had to get rid of her, but if that's the case then it makes me sad.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 01-29-2015, 10:47 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't believe the actresses were competing against each other. It was more of a network decision.

At this point in the series they knew that they were going to break up Pacey and Joey, because the ending was going to be Dawson and Joey. So for story line purposes there was really no reason to get rid of her and the "We have no more stories for Andie." is B.S.

When they thought season four was going to be the last season, they brought Meredith Monroe back so her and Pacey would have the moment where you could see they may resume their relationship and at the end of season four Dawson and Joey were making out in his room and the last scene of season four was identical to the last scene in season one, including the music.

Meredith Monroe was not happy at being let go, but she did not cause a scene or anything. When they wanted her to come back for the end of season four she was not receptive to the idea; so according to Paul Stupin they really had to make it very worthwhile for her to come back.

By all counts Meredith has had a successful career with 73 credits on her IMDB page, but major stardom has eluded her, which puzzles me as she is a very good actress.

Katie Holmes is considered a star, where in my personal opinion she was probably the least talented actress of the four girls who had lead roles on the series.

I'm sure Tom Cruise had a lot to do with some of the roles she has landed and I find it interesting that post Tom Cruise she really hasn't done any thing of note.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
I don't believe the actresses were competing against each other. It was more of a network decision.

At this point in the series they knew that they were going to break up Pacey and Joey, because the ending was going to be Dawson and Joey. So for story line purposes there was really no reason to get rid of her and the "We have no more stories for Andie." is B.S.

When they thought season four was going to be the last season, they brought Meredith Monroe back so her and Pacey would have the moment where you could see they may resume their relationship and at the end of season four Dawson and Joey were making out in his room and the last scene of season four was identical to the last scene in season one, including the music.

Meredith Monroe was not happy at being let go, but she did not cause a scene or anything. When they wanted her to come back for the end of season four she was not receptive to the idea; so according to Paul Stupin they really had to make it very worthwhile for her to come back.

By all counts Meredith has had a successful career with 73 credits on her IMDB page, but major stardom has eluded her, which puzzles me as she is a very good actress.

Katie Holmes is considered a star, where in my personal opinion she was probably the least talented actress of the four girls who had lead roles on the series.

I'm sure Tom Cruise had a lot to do with some of the roles she has landed and I find it interesting that post Tom Cruise she really hasn't done any thing of note.
I did like Katie when she did the commercial recently. I do like Meredith in all her roles.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had heard that Meredith was quite disappointed that they wrote Andie out of the show. I can't remember where I read that, but she would have stayed if they wanted her too.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Hey guys, let's turn this discussion around and talk about the positives of their relationship.

I'm watching E2.01 right now and watched their first meeting. Officer Pacey and Andie's meet cute. The writers did do a lot of things right and that was perfect IMO.

I think that might be my fave kiss.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That was a great kiss.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

one of my favorite moments of the show. I hate what they did to andie. I'm never getting over it.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love how he rubs his thumb over her ear. He's amazing to watch.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love how much chemistry they had.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Add Me.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just finished watching the episode where Pacey creates Andie's fantasy for her

Old 02-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved that scene also. Welcome Jen, you must be doing a rewatch.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This is a sad/beautiful gifset.

You're in my veins, Endless list of episodes that made me cry.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-09-2015, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This is a sad/beautiful gifset.

You're in my veins, Endless list of episodes that made me cry.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread