Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OT Thread: Because it is much cheaper than an international phone call.

Quote:
Football (soccer) is the national game here in Perú and almost in every south american country, men get just crazy about it. I don't know when I started to get it but there was a point where I was a huge fan of football. The hot players are on the pro column too. I love italian games, those guys are the hottest

I think that Football as the world knows it is probably one the most popular sports in most countries. It just never caught on here in the US, for whatever reason. I know there's a national league for it but I couldn't tell you the name of the team from my area or anything else about it. Not even David Beckham can make it that popular.

See, my guage for sexy guys is skewed by the fact that we have really low standards in the US. No really, we do.

I was never much into watching sports on TV either, Jess. Just hockey because I grew up watching it. In Detroit, we have a love affair with our hockey club that is second to none. Heck, Detroit is called Hockeytown and they have won more Stanley Cups (which is the NHL equivalent to the Super Bowl) than any other American-based franchise.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

I wonder why soccer isn't popular here, but whenever the World Cup comes around people go crazy and watch it..go figure But the guys are pretty hot to watch lol.

I don't like body tattoos either, and now a days people won't hire you if you have to many noticeable tattoos, it sucks but again there certain jobs that you have to look professional for and having a fish on your face doesn't really scream that.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mind body tattoos if they are artfully done. There is nothing worse than a tacky tattoo, for sure. What I cannot stand is people who get animal skin prints all over their body so they can somehow morph themselves into that animal. Like the lizard guy I saw.

Quote:
and now a days people won't hire you if you have to many noticeable tattoos, it sucks but again there certain jobs that you have to look professional for and having a fish on your face doesn't really scream that.
I actually had a class with a girl who was having hers removed because she was joining the Marines and since it was on the back of her neck and visible, she had to have it removed. I find that somewhat comical because if you have ever seen a Marine with his shirt off, ever last one of them has tats. In fact, I have only ever known two guys who were military that did not have them. But they have to be able to cover them during duty hours. So she had to shell out all that money and endure all that pain just to have it removed.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

That lizard guy needs some help and it was pretty nasty lol.

That sucks about that girl from your school. I didn't know that the Marines had a whole no visible tattoo policy, seems funny since you mentioned every last Marine has a tattoo on his or her body. What will the Marines do if she gets another tattoo, kick her out?

My friend has a tattoo on her neck, and I never really notice it unless she has her hair up.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Ali
Master Fan

My friend has a tat on the back of her neck too. It's her zodiac sign intertwined with her brother's sign. It's cute.

The lizard guy... He even has his tongue split.

TFTNT btw!
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 02-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello girls, Just popped in to say that the title is awful cute.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure.Magic (View Post)
Hello girls, Just popped in to say that the title is awful cute.

the title is adorable

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 02-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Hey V. Lovely to see you here! Beth comes up with great titles for this thread.

Jess,
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

Ali how are you ?

Old 02-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Alright. I've been looking for a job but no luck. How's life treating you?
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

I'm also looking for a job, and still at my current sucky job lol. There is a job fair in my city next week and I'm thinking of going but, they want me to bring 20-30 resumes and dress business casual, its to much work for me
Old 02-04-2009, 04:36 AM
Elite Fan

I'm looking for an appartment and this is a nightmare, Paris is a very expensive city

Old 02-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That sucks about that girl from your school. I didn't know that the Marines had a whole no visible tattoo policy, seems funny since you mentioned every last Marine has a tattoo on his or her body. What will the Marines do if she gets another tattoo, kick her out?
They probably could because, contractually, she is obligated to maintain herself to their standards.

I think V is just trying to kiss some butt because she wants fic and she wants it now. No, that's not true. I mean, she knows how to get fic....a combonation of giving me Drue and her whip.

But I am glad you guys like the title. I couldn't think of anything else.

The economy tanks, for sure. Trying to find a job in my state is like trying to grow a third eye. It just ain't going to happen. I'm seriously thinking of moving because it borders on impossible.

Oh, Jess...it's your turn on the Hot Seat thread. I would have PM'd you to remind you but...this works just as well.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Oh was I on the list? I totally forgot

Old 02-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by starzscarme (View Post)
:I think V is just trying to kiss some butt because she wants fic and she wants it now. No, that's not true. I mean, she knows how to get fic....a combonation of giving me Drue and her whip.

Beth!! You meanie.

Hey Jess Hope you can find a new affordable apartment soon. I moved into a new place 6 months ago, and God it was stressful. Everything I looked for was criminally expensive. Guess everything is, these days. But thankfully i found a good enough place. It still costs me a minor bomb.

Hey Ali Hope you can find a decent and well-paying one soon. The job draught hasnt spared any country.