Old 04-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Elite Fan

OT : Deep discussions here, we're so much more than pretty faces

Continue

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 04-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT, Jess.

It's kinda lonely in here these days. Ali's so busy. Fa isn't around. It's just me and you.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

It is lonely Sad that people are too busy to come around

Old 04-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Damn RL and actually having one.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

I know

Old 04-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Love the title! I'm with you guys, pro-choice doesn't equal pro-abortion.

I'm not so busy that I can't visit the OT thread, I just really need to manage my time better.

I need a break from school. I spent my spring break writing a paper.
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, Ali. I'm of the opinion that you don't have to learn how to manage your time better until you're at least 30. It use to be 25...but then I turned 25 and still hadn't gotten it together so now it's 30.

People are so ignorant and closed minded about abortion and the words used to describe either side of the argument. Personally, I could never see myself having one but I would never say absolutely not because I've never been in that situation. If I managed to get pregnant and the doctor told me something would be terribly wrong with the child, then you can bet I would. Would it be easy? No. Despite all these years of trying not to, I have somehow managed to develop a conscience. But it would be easier to live my life knowing that I spared someone from going through that kind of suffering and no one could ever convince me that being given a life like that is better than not having one at all.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:07 AM
Elite Fan

Ali - You need to manage your time better. As in for now, OT Thread >>>>>>paper.

The woman who made abortion legal in France just got into the "Académie française" and it was the occasion for close minded people to accuse her of being responsible for mass murder and genocide again. Since she's a Holocaust survivor, you can see how nice it is to use that kind of argument

Old 04-03-2010, 03:25 AM
Ali
Master Fan

Wow. People still shock me.

Quote:
Aw, Ali. I'm of the opinion that you don't have to learn how to manage your time better until you're at least 30. It use to be 25...but then I turned 25 and still hadn't gotten it together so now it's 30.
I'm afraid I'll wait until 30 to learn, but not have it figured out and change it to 35, etc. Actually, I'm positive that'll happen.

Quote:
Personally, I could never see myself having one but I would never say absolutely not because I've never been in that situation.
Same here.

Quote:
Ali - You need to manage your time better. As in for now, OT Thread >>>>>>paper.
Got it,

1. OT Thread
2. Paper
3. Everything else
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 04-03-2010, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Personally, I could never see myself having one but I would never say absolutely not because I've never been in that situation.
I don't even do what I would do, thankfully I was never in that kind of situation. But the truth is, if I was raped or if I got pregnant by accident while having no job/no bf, I'd think about it. But I believe that until you're in that kind of situation you never know.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
OT Thread >>>>>>paper
I back this statement 100%! I'm avoiding 2 papers right now to be on OT, so just follow my example.

Quote:
The woman who made abortion legal in France just got into the "Académie française" and it was the occasion for close minded people to accuse her of being responsible for mass murder and genocide again. Since she's a Holocaust survivor, you can see how nice it is to use that kind of argument

That disgusts me on so many levels. First and foremost, it disgusts me as a human being that other human beings could be so flippant about something like that. You simply don't tell someone who survived the Holocaust that she has contributed to mass murder or genocide. That is really just...repugnant. She hasn't killed anybody.

It's one thing to be against abortion. People have the right to believe whatever it is they believe and they have the right to say that they believe it. It's an entirely different matter to call someone a murderer. I think a lot of pro-life people are ignorant *******s but I don't tell them that....well, unless they get all up in my face about it.

Quote:
But the truth is, if I was raped or if I got pregnant by accident while having no job/no bf, I'd think about it. But I believe that until you're in that kind of situation you never know.
I can categorically say I could never give birth to a child that was the product of a rape. I just couldn't. I have absolutely no problem admitting that I'm just not that strong.

But you're definitely right. In most situations, no woman knows what she will do until she's looking the situation straight in the face.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

The law was voted in the 70's and you couldn't believe how horrible it was, people (mostly men) were just horrible to her. I'm glad I live in a country where abortion is an option

Old 04-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's...incomprehensible to me. I know people can be that ignorant, that cruel, but I really do loathe that kind of behavior with every fiber of my being.

Abortions were happening before they were legalized. Even if the laws are revoked, abortions will still happen. A woman who does not want to or cannot carry a pregnancy to term is going to find a way to have one whether its legal or not. I don't know why the people who are so adamant about repealing these laws cannot face that fact. At least with legalization, the procedures have to meet certain standards of care like any other medical procedure.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

Abortions always existed and always will, making it legal is a way of protecting women. And what pisses me off the most is that most pro life peope are actually men aka people who are not exactly concerned. Same goes with birth control, when a woman gets pregnant, it's always her fault. Hey men can have a part in birth control too, that's called using a condom.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Preach, girl! Seriously, I am of the opinion that men should really have no say so when it comes to abortion. Sorry boys but until you have to carry the fetus, and the potential shame and degradation that goes along with it depending on where in the world you live, I don't want to hear it.

What makes me angry is the pro-life people who are also anti-birth control. REALLY?!? How is birth control a bad thing? It does not kill anyone (or, well, it does not kill any fetus, to be more accurate). The pills, shots, implants, etc., simply keep the ovary from dispersing an egg (for the most part anyway). Condoms keep the sperm from passing into a female body (at least theoretically). No unborn life is taken in the process of using either. It's asinine to tell people that BC methods are murder and people who do, quite frankly, should be shot. Because that kind of logic is how we end up with 14-year old kids becoming parents.