Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 02:43 AM
Extreme Fan

New Topic Tuesday: Tell me what you think about Mitch and Gail's journey....GO!

So in the name of keeping our board lively and giving us all something to discuss, I figured each week, starting on Tuesday, we could start a new thread discussing a new idea. I can come up with some and we can brainstorm ideas together. I'll leave it topped for a week and then start over again the next week!

In this thread, you can be positive or negative about characters/ships/story lines, just be careful to not bash the actors themselves, the writers or any real life people!

So... this week, lets talk about the evolution of Grams on the show. Obviously the Grams that we get in the series finale is not the same Grams we started with. What are you thoughts on her? Do you like her? Do you like what the writers did with her character? What, if anything would you have done differently? What were some of your favorite Grams moments? How did her dynamic impact the show?

I want to know what you think!!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Grams....I didn't like her at the start of the series, she was judgmental and very preachy, I don't appreciate someone pushing their religion down my throat, not everyone has the same beliefs and some are still searching for what they believe in. I liked as the series went on, she mellowed out a bit more, I wish they would of found her a long term love interest, instead of flings. I wish they wouldn't of made her sick, thing is, I expected her to die, not Jen.
americanamuchacha020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree. I didn't really care for Grams in S1 either but in hindsight, I do think it was interesting because we were able to see how Jen helped change her.

One of my favorite dynamics of the show is the Grams/Jen/Jack dynamic. I thought that the affect that Jen and Jack had on grams was wonderful! The two of them put a face and a name on all the "sins" that she preached against. I think that its east to get on your high horse about something and call it wrong until it becomes someone you love that is doing those things.

I love that by the end of the show she still had her core beliefs but had lost the judgmental aspect of her character. I grew to love Grams by the end of the show!

I also agree about her a love interest... Brooks and Mr. Smalls were okay but I would have liked to see more in this department. Poor Grams!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Addicted Fan

I was thinking of if they decided to a reunion kinda thing, I don't think they could include Grams, she probably would of passed away. Which is sad. Gram was so hard on Jen in the begining. Jen was in a lot of pain and Grams thought pushing a religion would help her but in my own person experience, someone pushing religion on me, annoys me greatly. I'll want my own beliefs to respected.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

I think Grams and Jen both changed each other, helped each other grow into better persons. I didn't like Grams in the beginning. I don't mind that people are religious, but it does bother me when they push their religion onto others, which is something she definately did. On the other hand, Jen could use a quite firm hand, which Grams provided. It was great for the both of them to include Jack in their family, he made them both softer and more forgiving towards each other and by the end they were the family with the strongest connection, the most loving one too. They were by far my favourite dynamic of the show.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Extreme Fan

So it's tuesday time for a new topic....

What are your thoughts on Dawson/Pacey's friendship! Were you for it? Against it? Were they the best of friends or not really?

Old 04-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Addicted Fan

I didn't buy the Dawson/Pacey friendship, Dawson treated Pacey like absolute crap and even admitted in his drunken rant that Pacey was suppose to stay the loser to make Dawson feel better about his life. He always accused Pacey of being this sex maniac when he wasn't like that all, Pacey treated women and others so incredibly well as long as they treated him with the same respect, he was so much more real to me and a real good heart, a real man. Dawson I wasn't so fond of, he lived in fantasy world and expected everyone else to live in that world he created, he was selfish and self centered. I admired him for finding his life passion but he took it a bit too far with the people in his life and threw a fit when things didnt go his way. I never bought that Pacey/Dawson were such best friends, Pacey wanted the friendship back but Dawson wasn't so willing and he let a girl end a "life long" friendship over that. If it was as strong as they claimed, they wouldnt of let the fact that Pacey/Joey fell in love ruin their friendship but it did.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

I didn't buy the Dawson/Pacey friendship. They were just awful to each other, and maybe at the end when they had both grown up they could have an adult friendship, but they were both too childish about things as teenagers.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I never bought that Pacey/Dawson were such best friends, Pacey wanted the friendship back but Dawson wasn't so willing and he let a girl end a "life long" friendship over that. If it was as strong as they claimed, they wouldnt of let the fact that Pacey/Joey fell in love ruin their friendship but it did.
It wasn't just Dawson who let the girl ruin the friendship. Pacey did too. They both have blame for this, not just one. Pacey went behind his best friend's back.

I personally feel that Dawson always gets the blame in the D/P friendship when really Pacey wasn't particulary any better. Sure we saw more of Dawson's selfishness but I never felt that Pacey took Dawson all that seriously at times.

However I did enjoy the few lighter moments we got with them so I did buy into it somewhat

We are all stories in the end
Ms X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms X (View Post)
It wasn't just Dawson who let the girl ruin the friendship. Pacey did too. They both have blame for this, not just one. Pacey went behind his best friend's back.

I personally feel that Dawson always gets the blame in the D/P friendship when really Pacey wasn't particulary any better. Sure we saw more of Dawson's selfishness but I never felt that Pacey took Dawson all that seriously at times.

However I did enjoy the few lighter moments we got with them so I did buy into it somewhat
agreed.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms X (View Post)

Pacey wanted to get their friendship back, Dawson assumed Pacey didn't feel bad yet he apologized more than once about this. There would be no good way to tell Dawson about Pacey loving Joey. He would of had a fit and told Pacey to stay away from Joey and guilt trip him if he had told her. Pacey apologized for hurting Dawson but Dawson never took any responsibility for his part in hurting Joey and Pacey, he was SO selfish and manipluative.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Extreme Fan

I just think that at times they were like fire and gasoline and so maybe were not the best partnership. I did really like them in the beginning and at the end of the series but hated them in the middles seasons.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Alright... new tuesday... new topic.

Let's discuss Abby (Abbie) Morgan? What were your opinions of her? Like her? Hate her? What impact do you think she has on the principle characters?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

She was such a spoiled brat. Ugh, I couldn't stand her. Although her death was truly tragic But she was just mean and she brought the worst out in Jen. I did like that moment she had with Andie once, when she had slept outside of Dawson's house. It showed another side of her, but overall I truly didn't like her.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Addicted Fan

I really didn't like her, she's spoiled and was cruel to everyone around her, including Jen. her death was sad but the girl clearly needed help, she had serious problems, usually the ones who are lashing out the most are the ones who are in the most pain
Reply   Post New Thread