Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2014, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I kind of liked her with Henry up until the end. Same with Charlie. I like that Jen wasn't defined by any of her relationships though, she was a very strong, independent character. She had important relationships with her family and friends, but they didn't define who she was. She grew a lot over the course of the series so I think the writers did something right with her, even if she got the short end of the stick sometimes.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 01-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfuldreamer (View Post)
Yeah, I kind of liked her with Henry up until the end. Same with Charlie. I like that Jen wasn't defined by any of her relationships though, she was a very strong, independent character. She had important relationships with her family and friends, but they didn't define who she was. She grew a lot over the course of the series so I think the writers did something right with her, even if she got the short end of the stick sometimes.
I didn't like chris. Hey hun looong time no talk
Old 01-09-2014, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well said! I agree, the essence of her character wasn't in her relationships, she always had this independence in her character. I think that is something really special about her. When I think about some of the characters on the show I immediately link them to ships, but with Jen it's different. She had such a sense of being true to herself, no matter who she was with. I loved that about her.

Don't get me started on Jen & Henry I shipped them so bad, I really loved them together
Old 01-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankatje (View Post)
Well said! I agree, the essence of her character wasn't in her relationships, she always had this independence in her character. I think that is something really special about her. When I think about some of the characters on the show I immediately link them to ships, but with Jen it's different. She had such a sense of being true to herself, no matter who she was with. I loved that about her.
Well-said both of you. That's why I love Jen soooo freaking much.

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'
Old 01-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I just watched My Week with Marilyn. Michelle made a great Marilyn.
I agree. I have that movie on DVD, and she was wonderful in it, and she really channeled Marilyn Monroe incredibly well. She's so talented. She's by far the most talented and successful actor from this show. No one else even comes close.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-13-2014, 12:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I agree. I have that movie on DVD, and she was wonderful in it, and she really channeled Marilyn Monroe incredibly well. She's so talented. She's by far the most talented and successful actor from this show. No one else even comes close.
I highly agree. I'm surprised she didn't win more awards during her time on the show.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

She was great as Marilyn, it was a great role for her.
I am an original”
Old 01-18-2014, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

Jen and Michelle were sorely underrated while DC was on, but over the years, she has gained more popularity with old and new fans alike. It's great to see her get the recognition she has always deserved. Michelle is a lovely person inside and out so I'm glad her career has started to take off in the last few years.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 01-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

That is so true I think now, after all this time, she is the shining star of the cast. The other cast members have done great as well since the show ended, but Michelle's career is just in another place. I think she has come so far as an actress and she has grown so much (not unlike her character), it's wonderful to watch her.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Michelle has a great career, I am very proud of all she has accomplished.
I am an original”
Old 01-29-2014, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, she's done some great movies in the last few years. Hopefully there are even more to come!

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 01-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankatje (View Post)

Don't get me started on Jen & Henry I shipped them so bad, I really loved them together
me too.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I hope that period piece she's doing comes out soon, I'm really excited about that!

You ship Jen & Henry too?
Old 01-31-2014, 04:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Other than Dawson, I don't really ship Jen with anyone, and I feel bad about that! But I agree with what Anka has said before - that Jen is such a strong and independent character, where when you think of her, you don't all of a sudden pair her with another character, the way you do with Dawson/Joey, Joey/Pacey, etc. So I like that about Jen.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

Yeah me too It's something quite unique with television shows, especially those set in high school where romance always plays a big factor.

I shipped her with Dawson and Henry (I really liked Henry!)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread