Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

Joey Potter Appreciation Thread #3: Because even when she's angry, she's awesome.

Welcome to the 3rd Joey Potter Appreciation Thread

by: Jenny

Supporters
1. 2old2care
2. courtneybangelcakes
3. milestogo
4. Ali Marie
5. sunchick116
6. meatwood

Last edited by Ali; 10-27-2010 at 10:54 PM
Old 07-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

This is the game that was started in the previous thread. Please vote for your least favorite.

Joey Potter Angry Scene Survivor

#2: SEASON ONE EPISODE: HURRICANE

Dawson: Look, maybe you better go, Joey. My verbal vomit's out of control today.
Joey: I know what you're going through Dawson. You're struggling to find answers. You want to know why she's cheating but it's all perception Dawson. Let me just offer the one ounce of wisdom I can bring to this table. You know instead of asking why your mother's doing all these horrible things, may I suggest that you get down on your knees and thank God that you have a mother!
*She walks to the door.*
Dawson: Joey...
Joey: Sorry, Dawson, I forgot for a second. This isn't about me.

#3: SEASON ONE EPISODE: DETENTION
Joey: Hey Lumberjack there's a line and it starts back there.
Grant: Look who it is? You know I liked your report today, Joey. Got a lot out of it. It was very... stimulating.
Joey: Yeah well you were a great help.
Grant: I also loved it when you called me stupid. I love it when chicks tease me. It turns me on.
Joey: Wooo. This may come as a shock to you but just because you're juiced up on steroids doesn't mean you can barge in line wherever you want you know people have been waiting and it's rude.
Grant: Oh, did I butt in front of you?
Joey: Yeah, you did.
Grant: Oh guys, fellas. God, I feel terrible. But you understand, don't you? It's kind of like your report.
Joey: Excuse me?
Grant: We're like the shoguns and this school is like our castle. Whatever we want, we get.
Joey: Oh really.
Grant: And you can either be my servant or my concubine. What'll it be?
*Joey punches him and throws her tray and the other guy then kicks Grant again. Grant is laying on the floor in pain.*
Joey: Neither.

#4: SEASON TWO EPISODE: ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLES

not the best pic, i know, but creekcaps doesn't have the perfect one!
Jen: If I've interrupted something I can come back later.
Joey: No I was just leaving. Bye Dawson. *She kisses him, then gives Jen a look.* Nice dress.
Jen: Thanks I borrowed it.
Joey: I'll bet.
*Joey leaves*

#5: SEASON THREE EPISODE: NEVERLAND

Scene: The Kiss. Pacey is on the side of the road kissing Joey, when she stops him, shoving hi as she talks to him.]
Joey: Are you insane? How could you do that? How could you take some simple declaration of friendship as an invitation to just maul me, Pacey? Answer me. What were you thinking? What?
Pacey: What? I don't know. It--it--it was an impulse.
Joey: An impulse?!
Pacey: Yes, an impulse. You know, sudden, momentary, and, believe me, fleeting.
Joey: Do you have any idea of the monumental implications of that meaningless little impulse? The ripple effect that it could create in our small but fragile universe?
Pacey: You're right, Potter. Forgive me for thinking a kiss is just a kiss.
Joey: Well, it's true. A kiss is not just a kiss, not between you and me, and you know why. Dawson? Remember? He factors into this little... Hormonal meltdown.
Pacey: "Meltdown"?
Joey: Yeah.
Pacey: I just had a meltdown? Forgive me if I don't think that this is the worst tragedy in the history of humankind-- that Pacey Witter, in a moment of... Impulsive, compulsive, hormone-induced insanity, would have the nerve to kiss Joey Potter. And you let me do it. You did, you let me do it. So, what, now I guess the universe begins to unravel. Well, excuse me while I get in the car.
Joey: Ughh!
Pacey: Would you get in the car, potter!
Joey: No!
Pacey: Will you just get in the car, potter, please?
Joey: No.
Pacey: I didn't even mean it. You know? This is me Pacey-- act first, think later. And now that I’m getting a chance to think about it, I take it all back, ok? So get in the car.
Pacey: Jo, it's at least another 6 miles to your house. It is freezing cold outside. And if you don't get in, I'm just gonna do this the whole way there. So would you get in please?
Joey: [Sighs and gets in]
Pacey: So I guess I’m to take it from your angry silence that you're not speaking to me anymore.
Joey: Nope.
Pacey: Great, great. And how long you planning on keeping that up?
Joey: How does "indefinitely" sound?
Pacey: Fine.
Joey: Fine.
Joey: Fine

#7: SEASON FOUR EPISODE: MIND GAMES

*After Drue has announced the couple of the year to be Dawson Leery and Joey Potter*
Drue: Ok. Now, how is this a fair fight? What do you want me to do, hit her back? She's a girl.
Joey: Sucks, doesn't it? One of the few cultural advantages of being female.
Pacey: Well, you seem to have this situation firmly in hand. I think I’m gonna skedaddle off to class, ok?
Joey: Bye.
[Pacey leaves the two of them.]
Drue: Hey, thanks for your help, pal. Remind me to tell him about the dimpled chads for him and some ms. Jacobs chick. Whoa! Hey. Chill. Have you no sense of humor about this? I mean, personally, I think it's kind of funny that a majority of our classmates still care so much after all this time. I mean, you and Dawson went out for what? About as long as the spice girls were popular?
Joey: Please. Majority, my ass, Drue. It's obvious you rigged this thing.
Drue: Ok. I see. Uh, did you vote?
Joey: Did I vote? No, of course not. Most popular, best-looking. Who cares?
Drue: Obviously, you do.
Joey: You know what? This isn't a joke. This is my life, ok? And Dawson and I are not a couple. We're not anything resembling a couple. We're just friends. And you know what? It's taken us a long time to get back to that place, and I refuse to let you hurt him or Pacey by dredging up the past. So, I suggest that you fix this.

#8: SEASON FIVE EPISODE: HOTEL NEW HAMPSHIRE

*After Joey overhears Jack talking to eric about how Audrey is easy*
Jack: What?
Joey: How do you get off talking about Audrey like that?
Jack: You yourself used to talk about her like that.
Joey: Yeah, but that's before I knew her. I wasn't going around selling her to the highest bidder.
Jack: It was just stupid, harmless fun. That's it.
Joey: I can't believe you just said that. Jack, what happened to you? When did you turn into this jerk?
Jack: Hold on. You don't understand.
Joey: You're right. I don't understand, and that's because you never cared to explain. It's like you just couldn't wait for the moment we got to Boston so you could drop us and get new friends.
Jack: Whoa--whoa. That's not true.
Joey: No?
Jack: Look.
Joey: What?
Jack: I feel at home here. For once, I have a family that's not constantly on the brink of self-destruction. I mean, with these guys, I can finally live my life instead of constantly worrying about someone else’s.
Joey: Really? Because it feels to me like you're hiding, Jack, like you're pushing us and yourself away, because maybe it's just easier to be another one of the meatheads.
Jack: Meathead?
Jack: You don't even know any of these people.
Joey: Well, I really don't want to run off and meet 'em all now that I know they're all wanna-be pimps.
Jack: See, now you're exaggerating, Joey. You know what? Every time something doesn't meet your standard of righteousness, you write it off like it's the worst thing on earth.
Joey: Standard of righteousness?
Jack: Yeah.
Joey: Jack, try common decency and respect.
Jack: Joey, look around. Everybody here is having a good time. Nobody's forcing anyone to be here.
Joey: That's true. No one's forcing me to be here.

The tally so far is:

#4 = 3 votes
#5 = 3 votes
Old 07-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

I think i already voted! TFTNT

and yeah some arts in the opening would be nice
Old 07-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I vote for #4
Old 07-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Ali
Master Fan

TFTNT Shira. & Agreed, we need stuff for the OP.

#4 = 4 votes
#5 = 3 votes
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 07-13-2008, 05:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Old 07-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

I vote for #5

And I agree adding some stuff to the opening might be nice

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 07-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

#4 = 4 votes
#5 = 4 votes
#8 = 1 vote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Old 07-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

Number 4

#4 = 5 votes
#5 = 4 votes
#8 = 1 vote
Behind blue eyes
Avi by jo0ojz@livejournal
Old 07-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

ok so number 4 is gone SADLY! wahh. i can't believe i missed the opening of a new thread! and we definitely need a much longer OP! when this survivor is over, we should make a list of reasons why we love joey and stuff

Dawson & Joey Spencer & Ashley
Pacey & Andie Ryan & Marissa Dan & Serena Lily & Rufus
Old 07-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

okay here's the next round....have funn!

Joey Potter Angry Scene Survivor

#2: SEASON ONE EPISODE: HURRICANE

Dawson: Look, maybe you better go, Joey. My verbal vomit's out of control today.
Joey: I know what you're going through Dawson. You're struggling to find answers. You want to know why she's cheating but it's all perception Dawson. Let me just offer the one ounce of wisdom I can bring to this table. You know instead of asking why your mother's doing all these horrible things, may I suggest that you get down on your knees and thank God that you have a mother!
*She walks to the door.*
Dawson: Joey...
Joey: Sorry, Dawson, I forgot for a second. This isn't about me.

#3: SEASON ONE EPISODE: DETENTION
Joey: Hey Lumberjack there's a line and it starts back there.
Grant: Look who it is? You know I liked your report today, Joey. Got a lot out of it. It was very... stimulating.
Joey: Yeah well you were a great help.
Grant: I also loved it when you called me stupid. I love it when chicks tease me. It turns me on.
Joey: Wooo. This may come as a shock to you but just because you're juiced up on steroids doesn't mean you can barge in line wherever you want you know people have been waiting and it's rude.
Grant: Oh, did I butt in front of you?
Joey: Yeah, you did.
Grant: Oh guys, fellas. God, I feel terrible. But you understand, don't you? It's kind of like your report.
Joey: Excuse me?
Grant: We're like the shoguns and this school is like our castle. Whatever we want, we get.
Joey: Oh really.
Grant: And you can either be my servant or my concubine. What'll it be?
*Joey punches him and throws her tray and the other guy then kicks Grant again. Grant is laying on the floor in pain.*
Joey: Neither.

#5: SEASON THREE EPISODE: NEVERLAND

Scene: The Kiss. Pacey is on the side of the road kissing Joey, when she stops him, shoving hi as she talks to him.]
Joey: Are you insane? How could you do that? How could you take some simple declaration of friendship as an invitation to just maul me, Pacey? Answer me. What were you thinking? What?
Pacey: What? I don't know. It--it--it was an impulse.
Joey: An impulse?!
Pacey: Yes, an impulse. You know, sudden, momentary, and, believe me, fleeting.
Joey: Do you have any idea of the monumental implications of that meaningless little impulse? The ripple effect that it could create in our small but fragile universe?
Pacey: You're right, Potter. Forgive me for thinking a kiss is just a kiss.
Joey: Well, it's true. A kiss is not just a kiss, not between you and me, and you know why. Dawson? Remember? He factors into this little... Hormonal meltdown.
Pacey: "Meltdown"?
Pacey: I just had a meltdown? Forgive me if I don't think that this is the worst tragedy in the history of humankind-- that Pacey Witter, in a moment of... Impulsive, compulsive, hormone-induced insanity, would have the nerve to kiss Joey Potter. And you let me do it. You did, you let me do it. So, what, now I guess the universe begins to unravel. Well, excuse me while I get in the car.
Joey: Ughh!
Pacey: Would you get in the car, potter!
Joey: No!
Pacey: Will you just get in the car, potter, please?
Pacey: I didn't even mean it. You know? This is me Pacey-- act first, think later. And now that I’m getting a chance to think about it, I take it all back, ok? So get in the car.
Pacey: Jo, it's at least another 6 miles to your house. It is freezing cold outside. And if you don't get in, I'm just gonna do this the whole way there. So would you get in please?
Joey: [Sighs and gets in]
Pacey: So I guess I’m to take it from your angry silence that you're not speaking to me anymore.
Joey: Nope.
Pacey: Great, great. And how long you planning on keeping that up?
Joey: How does "indefinitely" sound?
Joey: Fine.
Joey: Fine

#7: SEASON FOUR EPISODE: MIND GAMES

*After Drue has announced the couple of the year to be Dawson Leery and Joey Potter*
Drue: Ok. Now, how is this a fair fight? What do you want me to do, hit her back? She's a girl.
Joey: Sucks, doesn't it? One of the few cultural advantages of being female.
Pacey: Well, you seem to have this situation firmly in hand. I think I’m gonna skedaddle off to class, ok?
Joey: Bye.
[Pacey leaves the two of them.]
Drue: Hey, thanks for your help, pal. Remind me to tell him about the dimpled chads for him and some ms. Jacobs chick. Whoa! Hey. Chill. Have you no sense of humor about this? I mean, personally, I think it's kind of funny that a majority of our classmates still care so much after all this time. I mean, you and Dawson went out for what? About as long as the spice girls were popular?
Joey: Please. Majority, my ass, Drue. It's obvious you rigged this thing.
Drue: Ok. I see. Uh, did you vote?
Joey: Did I vote? No, of course not. Most popular, best-looking. Who cares?
Drue: Obviously, you do.
Joey: You know what? This isn't a joke. This is my life, ok? And Dawson and I are not a couple. We're not anything resembling a couple. We're just friends. And you know what? It's taken us a long time to get back to that place, and I refuse to let you hurt him or Pacey by dredging up the past. So, I suggest that you fix this.

#8: SEASON FIVE EPISODE: HOTEL NEW HAMPSHIRE

*After Joey overhears Jack talking to eric about how Audrey is easy*
Jack: What?
Joey: How do you get off talking about Audrey like that?
Jack: You yourself used to talk about her like that.
Joey: Yeah, but that's before I knew her. I wasn't going around selling her to the highest bidder.
Jack: It was just stupid, harmless fun. That's it.
Joey: I can't believe you just said that. Jack, what happened to you? When did you turn into this jerk?
Jack: Hold on. You don't understand.
Joey: You're right. I don't understand, and that's because you never cared to explain. It's like you just couldn't wait for the moment we got to Boston so you could drop us and get new friends.
Jack: Whoa--whoa. That's not true.
Joey: No?
Jack: Look.
Joey: What?
Jack: I feel at home here. For once, I have a family that's not constantly on the brink of self-destruction. I mean, with these guys, I can finally live my life instead of constantly worrying about someone else’s.
Joey: Really? Because it feels to me like you're hiding, Jack, like you're pushing us and yourself away, because maybe it's just easier to be another one of the meatheads.
Jack: Meathead?
Jack: You don't even know any of these people.
Joey: Well, I really don't want to run off and meet 'em all now that I know they're all wanna-be pimps.
Jack: See, now you're exaggerating, Joey. You know what? Every time something doesn't meet your standard of righteousness, you write it off like it's the worst thing on earth.
Joey: Standard of righteousness?
Jack: Yeah.
Joey: Jack, try common decency and respect.
Jack: Joey, look around. Everybody here is having a good time. Nobody's forcing anyone to be here.
Joey: That's true. No one's forcing me to be here.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Dawson's Creek board!
Old 07-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Old 07-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan