Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2005, 06:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Haven't been here in a while but here goes:

I would've had Joey go to Paris in season 1 and not put Dawson/Joey together. I think that ruined the character right then and there.

Then I would've had Joey bring home a new boyfriend from France and then they can do the D/Jo thing and they break up for whatever reason. Then season 3 I'd keep intact but let Joey have a spine dammit.

Then in season 4 I would've had P/Jo together but a more even relationship and the triangle would be resolved once and for all.

Then FF to the Series Finale and keep it the way it was I think there's no point in the last two seasons.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Oh man, do I really even want to go there?

in my opinion, the show should have been canciled after season 2. -And not because I prefer Dawson/joey over Pacey/Joey because, personally, I liked Jen and Jack more than both those couples.

Without Kevin Williamson there, it just went downhill. in season 5, a lot of the characters were written very horribly. Jack became a beer guzzing, party going frat boy? What the hell? I mean, c'mon now. And Joey... good god. Was it me or as the seasons went on, did she became more indecisive and whiner? Dawson, who started off as a sensible and yes, a bit of a dreamer and naive turned very whiney and annoying as well. It was a shame they simply got rid of Mredith's chacter, Andie the way that they did. I think she made Pacey into a better man. Pacey... yeah, his character had some defiante changes too. They all did. I hated how they show went after season 2.

Its a good thing one of them didn't get an STD or sthing cause they ALL would have gotten it! They all were sleeping with each other! Now I'm a part of a really close knit group of friends, but my god, we don't all sleep with one another, and trade partners each week. That's another thing that annoyed me about the show; the continuous partner swapping that went on each week.

I often wonder what it would have been like if KW had stayed and took care of the show, as he should have.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

-Jack would have never been gay b/c I think Jen & Jack were meant to be.
-Pacey would have not broken up w/ Joey so meanly the way that he did.
-In season 5 there are a lot of things i would do differently like, Pacey & Joey would actually acknowledge that they had a relationship.
-Joey wouldn't get mugged.
-Joey would have dated Charlie for a lot longer.
-Mitch would have not died.
-Jen would have not died.
-At the end there would be a more passionate kiss between Joey & Pacey.

(There's a lot more that I can't think of at the moment.)

Ryan: It was my pleasure.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pacey and Joey's break-up, and season 5. Without a doubt

Icon by sourburst
Old 06-19-2005, 08:07 PM
New Fan

I agree with most of you who said that the P/J break-up should have been done differently.

I think they should have kept Andie around, and her and Pacey should have gotten another shot in season 5 (but later break up and have him end up with Joey of course )

I would have changed the ending of Coda, it was too soon after the P/J break-up and they were both heading onto college, so they should have stayed just friends.

They should have never gotten rid of Drew.

I also think that they shouldn't have taken Buzz off the show so quickly, or at least have him stay in touch with Pacey or show what happened to him.. he was so cute.

Mitch should have never died.

I think they shouldn't have ended the D/Jen relationship so quickly in season 5, Jen shouldn't have died, and she should have ended up with Dawson.

I think in the series finale when the characters got together in Pacey's resteraunt, Jack should have never spoken the line "Dawson probably would have eventually killed me for taking his only soulmate" that just bugged me lol

More PJ kisses in the final scene
Old 06-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

"Dawson probably would have eventually killed me for taking his only soulmate"

OMG...I couldn't agree more! How incredibly annoying was that line??? It just seemed awkward and out of place, ya know?
*I know rocks turn to sand, and hearts can change hands, and you're not to blame when the sky fills with rain. But if we stay or walk away...There's one thing that's true, I still love you.* Tommy & Jude <3 {Instant Star}
Old 06-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Passionate Fan

^^ who said that line? I would probably change the season finale ...obviously...all of us D/J shippers know Dawson belongs wirh Joey! (sry to u P/J fans)
Old 06-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

I hated Joey singing to the mugger. Everything went down hill after 'Seperation Anxiety', in my opinion. Season 5 was an awful fudge of a season. Singing to a MUGGER? Come on! Who does that?

I wouldn't have had Joey end up with Pacey or Dawson (even though I'm a PJo shipper) to show that she can stand alone as a strong, independant woman, who doesn't need a man at that point in her life. It would've been a good role model for young girls. But the whole point of that episode was to get the triangle 'untangled' and give us a 'shock' ending. I hated the way Jen was dying, but the triange was still obviously the main story.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0xKayx0x
-Jack would have never been gay b/c I think Jen & Jack were meant to be.
-Pacey would have not broken up w/ Joey so meanly the way that he did.
-In season 5 there are a lot of things i would do differently like, Pacey & Joey would actually acknowledge that they had a relationship.
-Joey wouldn't get mugged.
-Joey would have dated Charlie for a lot longer.
-Mitch would have not died.
-Jen would have not died.
-At the end there would be a more passionate kiss between Joey & Pacey.

(There's a lot more that I can't think of at the moment.)

I totally agree with what you would change although I'm not sure about the first one I can't decide if I want to re-write Jack beeing gay...have to give that some thought
Old 01-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

This is a very old thread but I think this is an interesting topic

So what would you rewrite?

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 01-02-2008, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

hmm i would redo the triangle...dawson and pacey's friendship was always interesting to me especially in s2 the way it strengthened (minus the random drunken birthday comment)
dawson was somewhat self absorbed but was trying to be better (case in point unchartered waters where it was jack of all people who made dawson see "the light")
so i wouldn't have had that ruin their friendship

also andie's character assasination in s3....i don't get why they hated her...cheating, SAT stealing, fake rape?
and jen should have had more of a role post s3

and stayed alive
Old 01-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If I could rewrite the show....

There would have been a serious PJen relationship. They have come to be my DC OTP and I would have liked to see a romantic relationship between them explored.

I also wish Jen had not died in the end, simply because it was unbearbly sad. Don't get me wrong, I think it was appropriate but it was just...tooooo sad.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i would also make andie not leave
and get audrey away from my screen

the poster who said p/jen...it would have been more interesting then p/audrey and i always maintained that jen had more chemistry with dawson and pacey than joey ever did
Old 01-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Elite Fan

I would have changed a bit in season two, like keeping Jen in option in a Joey/Dawson/Jen triangle, simply because it REALLY bothered me that after the S1 finale, it was as if Dawson had never been interested in Jen at all and it had always been Joey. Oh, and more Pacey/Joey interaction, because season two was severely lacking the banter and occasional sweet moments that I ADORED in season one.

I would say I'd change the S4 P/J breakup, but in the end I've accepted it and I love those episodes, so I guess I wouldn't change it. I might change the wording of the Promicide rant, though.

Change season five entirely, of course. Charlie shouldn't have gone after Joey instead of Jen, Joey should have been single (at least mostly) and not dated a professor or anything like that, no Pacey and Audrey, etc. etc. Dawson should have stayed in LA, or at least not come home because of Joey. More acknowledgement of the P/Jo breakup. Let Jen have a relationship with someone who was actually normal and didn't fall for Joey instead. Maybe let the gang meet more friends outside of their high school.

And finally, I would have Dawson have a serious relationship that wasn't always an obvious "just for now" kind of thing. He should have been with Jen longer in season five, perhaps, or maybe even get with another character. I'm not a huge Dawson fan, but it seems as though every non-Joey relationship Dawson was in, it ultimately failed because of Joey... while Joey (or Pacey) could have other long-lasting relationships apart from the triangle (Eddie, Andie, Audrey, etc.)

Last edited by barbeegurl00; 01-02-2008 at 11:22 PM
Old 01-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A few of my suggestions....

Obviously....no Jen dying! I watched that the other night....bawled like a baby!
I woulda had Drue come back for season 5....I just think he coulda caused some fun trouble.
Downtown Crossing would NOT have existed.
DJen woulda have been done better in season 5, not just had them end for no apparent reason.
I definitely woulda had them handle Andie better in season 3. Even as a PJer I think they could've done that a whole lot better, without seemingly ruining Andie.

I'm sure I'll think of more....I'll probably be back.
Visit DCook & AI
Closed Thread   Post New Thread