Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Jerry, a perfect summation of the exact dilemma I've been trying to point out in my posts. ITA.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Jerry, a perfect summation of the exact dilemma I've been trying to point out in my posts. ITA.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allybubba (View Post)
And Pacey's was brought down in S4 to make Dawson the hero, and you have Joey running to him and kissing him in Coda.

It's really the same thing.. *sigh*
I guess everyone skipped S4, or something.
True point. I always felt like Pacey's rant in Promicide was totally out of character for him.

I honestly saw Dawson and Joey's kiss in Coda as nothing more than a wistful goodbye kiss between two friends, and nothing more, and I have my original episode commentary from back then to prove it!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

pacey was out of character in promicide
jen was out of character in early s2
jack in s5
andie in s3
dawson at the end of s3

so no it's not just dawson and andie that were ooc
and i don't think they put pacey down for dawson in s4....to me they were on level fields
Old 01-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Administrator

True points, wingster, but the damage done to Dawson and Andie's characters in Season Three was a lasting damage.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

agreed
Old 01-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by allybubba (View Post)
And then in S4, Dawson was made the hero, and Pacey the villian but i'm not complaining, lol...
Pacey was not put down as a villain though in my view. After Promcide he did not act like he did in that one episode. He and Joey actually had a few nice scenes before he left especially the last one I thought was very nice. It's not like he went on crazy rants like he did in Pomicide or acted anywhere near he did in that Ep.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

I also don't think that Dawson and Andie had anything to do with me liking Pacey and Joey.
I loved them from the first season and by the end of season 1, i gave up hope for those 2. in fact, when pacey and andie broke up in season 3, i stopped watching DC. i didn't care for DJo enough to stick around and watch them get together.
y do i think andie's character was assassinated? because even when i was 16, i KNEW that she and pacey would not get back together because of the reason they broke up... so i didnt even stick around to see if it was going to work out.

Since i was originally a PJo shipper, it was the commercial for Cinderella Story that i started watching again.

i only got the real effect a year ago when i started watching the show over. it was definitely p/jo who who captured me.

Quote:
The point of the matter is that Dawson and Andie's strengths of character - whatever was left of them - were hugely lacking in the season, and it's brought up all the time by many people. It allowed more for P/J. Before that, it was always PA and DJ. To have a complete turnaround in opinion and have people supporting PJ so strongly in spite of the previous seasons, proved there had been drastic changes in season 3. And I just don't believe they were good changes.
IMO, the fact that SO many people were able to jump ships the way they did proves how wonderfully PJo's love story was written. Many people were diehard DJo fans in season 1 and 2 or diehard PAndie fans in season 2, but completely jumped on the bandwagon when PJo were introduced. I was OBSESSED with PAndie, enough for it to be the ONLY reason i tuned in every week and enough of a reason for me to quit watching when they broke up. the ONE thing that caught my eye again was PJo. So maybe it's a matter of like or dislike, but i wouldnt say it was badly written because for a story line to have such an effect on its fans shows it was successful in accomplishing what it set out to do.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:14 AM
Ali
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbeegurl00 (View Post)
Many times.

--Dawson was the golden boy who got into college and had dreams, Pacey was the clueless, slacker boyfriend who couldn't.
--Dawson was the "wounded" one by the triange, Pacey was the guy who "stole" Joey.
--Dawson was the one who went out into the storm and saved Pacey's life, Pacey was the one who went out in bad weather and risked his and Jen's lives.
--Dawson was the one who was trying to gain his friendship with Joey back, Pacey was the jealous boyfriend.
--Dawson was the virgin, Pacey was the sexual boyfriend who almost got Joey pregnant.
--Dawson was the helpful brother, Pacey was arrested and taken by his brother to recover from his emotional instability.
--Dawson was the one who danced with Joey in Promicide, Pacey was the one who freaked out and ruined the whole night for her.
--Dawson was the one who was there for her after the breakup, Pacey was the one who took off and didn't call.

On and on. Sure, we could make a list about season three, but season four was changed so that everything was opposite, trying to make another triangle option as Pacey downward spiraled and Dawson turned saintly. Of course, I will always love Pacey and season four... it ties with season one in my eyes, which is amazing. But especially towards the end, we saw a COMPLETE role-reversal compared to the previous year, and it didn't go unnoticed.
ITA. Enough said!
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 01-30-2008, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Maybe Pacey was seen as "the betrayer" to Dawson and Andie, but to the viewing audience on the whole, he was generally seen as the guy who fell in love with a girl he'd known for years and couldn't help how he felt. The general opinion of Dawson in that love triangle has always been worse than than the one for Pacey.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-30-2008, 05:33 AM
Elite Fan

Please start a new thread, this one is way over 300 posts

I would hate to miss another boat
Closed Thread   Post New Thread