Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2005, 11:26 AM
New Fan

I HATE Season 5!!!

I'm sorry guys, but how ridiculous was season 5. I was just reading transcripts on dawson-info.com and it reminded me of how much i hated this whole season. I mean, for all of seasons 3 and 4 Joey was so in love with Pacey and spent ages convincing him she was over Dawson. She and Dawson spent virtually no time together etc. She was totally into Pacey. Then, no more than 6 episodes into season 5, she appears to be over Pacey completely, to the extent that she has conversations with him about her feelings about Dawson and her anger over his relationship with Jen! How did that happen then? First of all, it would have taken her a lot longer to get over Pacey - they were together for a whole year etc, and were cleary madly in love. Secondly, she'd never talk to him about Dawson - it's only meant to be about 4 months or so after their painful breakup - things like that just don't happen. Thirdly, if she wanted a rebound relationship to get her over Pacey, in reality she would not have chosen Dawson, but a new guy not from her past. Lastly, the major reason P/J broke up in the first place was the fact that they were going to be seperated by distance - Pacey ends up in Boston anyway, y surely they would consider getting back together when they realise this problem has been solved. Aaaaah!!!!! I hated this season. I thought the writers made a whole lot of mistakes and should have ended it all at season 4. Dawson's just lost the magic after that (apart from the finale when it went back to how it used to be). Season 6 was just as bad. I mean, telling Pacey she just didn't feel it, but being all over Dawson when he showed her interest. How would that happen? She and Dawson were together for 4 months when they were 15. She and Pacey had a much more loving, longer, more adult relationship. I think something happened to the writing team when writing these seasons - they clearly weren't thinking straight. - Sorry DJers, it just confuses me. DJ were sweet in seasons 1 and 2 yes. But, they should have ended that after Joey fell for Pacey, I just don't think she would have ever thought of going back to Dawson, after all the angst she went through finally choosing Pacey in 'True Love.'
Old 05-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

I hate Season 5,too. I dont like the relationship between Pacey and Joey in Season 4. Afterwards the relationship of Dawson and Joey was broken. And I missed Capeside.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:57 AM
New Fan

Yeah, I missed Capeside too Katie19. I t just seemed like a different show when it was filmed in Boston. Capeside (Wilmington) was so beautiful on film. I really missed it!
Old 05-04-2005, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

The best moments of DC were in Capeside. I agree with you in some points, Jazzie. The writing went worse and worse, but I don't agree with the lack of possibility of a DJ reunion, though. More than once, Joey was caught by jealousy and mixed feelings towards Dawson. They had many issues unresolved, so it was pretty possible in my opinion... but getting back to the point, some episodes of season 5 were a waste of time...

But I still think season 6 was the worst season of DC. When I remember "Rock Bottom" and "Lovelines" I wanna puke!

Old 05-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree with Cris it was very possible to have D/J have a reunion I see nothing wrong with that. Feelings can change I saw nothing wrong that the Coda Kiss stirred up old romantic feelings. But I did find it very weird that Joey did seem to be so over Pacey in season 5. I also agree with Cris that season 6 is the worst. Thank God for Todd or id be sound asleep the 1st half.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

yeah, todd was a relief...

Old 05-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thirdly, if she wanted a rebound relationship to get her over Pacey, in reality she would not have chosen Dawson, but a new guy not from her past.
I wasn't suprised that she ran back to her security blanket at all.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
She and Dawson were together for 4 months when they were 15. She and Pacey had a much more loving, longer, more adult relationship
So true
Old 05-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Season 5 was aggravating Jazzie Jay. But one thing I did like about Pacey and Joey in Season 5 was they didn't hold each other back nor did they prevent each other from experiencing the world and other relationships. They let each other grow and remained a good and supportive friend in the process. And that what was so great about Pacey and Joey. Unlike Dawson and Joey, after everything PJ went through, they didn't let the past get in the way of their future. They also didn't dance at the notion of getting back together, like DJ, and instead waited until they had grown enough to be together. So as much as Season 5 did suck, if you look at it in a different light, there are some postive aspects.

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
Old 05-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueLovePJer
Season 5 was aggravating Jazzie Jay. But one thing I did like about Pacey and Joey in Season 5 was they didn't hold each other back nor did they prevent each other from experiencing the world and other relationships. They let each other grow and remained a good and supportive friend in the process. And that what was so great about Pacey and Joey. Unlike Dawson and Joey, after everything PJ went through, they didn't let the past get in the way of their future. They also didn't dance at the notion of getting back together, like DJ, and instead waited until they had grown enough to be together. So as much as Season 5 did suck, if you look at it in a different light, there are some postive aspects.
I agree Colleen. It was nice to see their friendship post- break- up.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Erin

Pacey and Joey

Old 05-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueLovePJer
An interesting point of view. I never really thought about that. In retrospect, that was probably a very good thing for their future relationship. You know what they say, "If you love someone let them go....."
Old 05-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Thank you piglet

Pacey and Joey

Old 05-05-2005, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I did hate season 5, because i thought that it went in a completely different route and lost the magic that i fell for in the begining. I didnt like how they played D/J and P/J making one relationship non existant and the other not resolving anything, i mean if anything i sure as hell would of wanted something to come out of this season even d/j/ even for a little while.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Could not agree more S5 was the worst to sit through!

ღ Lucky & Liz Fan ALWAYS--permanent lock ღ
Christina is
Closed Thread   Post New Thread