Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2005, 04:35 AM
Elite Fan

Hot Seat Thread #2 - A heck of a lot of questions but no wrong answers

As Kel, asked that another thread be opened, I happily obliged. I've just landed in the hot seat and am responding to Cris' questions.

Favorite movie? Aargh! you know this is tough right?! Okay thinking right now, movies that come to my head: The Sound of Music, She's All That, Anne of Green Gables, The Philadelphia Story
Favorite food? Roast potato with a sheen of olive oil covered in roasted herbs and garlic
Favorite color? Scarlet red
Favorite band? U2/Beatles/Newsboys/BeeGees/Beach Boys
Old 10-06-2005, 04:44 AM
Master Fan

What is your favourite u2 song?
What is your favourite 80s song? (I'm assuming you were a teenager in the 80s, don't shoot me if I'm wrong!)
Favourite ninties song? (Even *I* was alive in the 90s)
Favourite 2000-2004 song?
Favourite current song?
Which famous person do you admire most?
Who is your favourite from Friends (Joey, Chandler, Ross, Phoebe, Monica or Rachel?)
Old 10-06-2005, 04:55 AM
Elite Fan

What is your favourite u2 song? With or Without You
What is your favourite 80s song? I'm assuming you were a teenager in the 80s, don't shoot me if I'm wrong!) Yep, I was Steph for the last 2 years Summer Rain by Belinda Carlisle
Favourite ninties song?Even *I* was alive in the 90s) Oh lordy, can I pass?! I love so much of the nineties music. You Can't Touch This still gets me dancing in the kitchen and I mean dancing. *man, this thread is embarassing*
Favourite 2000-2004 song? I am so hopeless with 'fave' questions. Beautiful Day - U2
Favourite current song? Catch My Disease - Ben Lee
Which famous person do you admire most? Oprah Winfrey. It may seem a glib answer, but I appreciate the journey she took to deal with a troubled past and her current commitment to use her fame to provide resources for the advancement of people
Who is your favourite from Friends (Joey, Chandler, Ross, Phoebe, Monica or Rachel?) Oh Ross, absolutely - "It tastes like FEET!"
Old 10-06-2005, 05:46 AM
Elite Fan

Favorite thing to eat?
If you could go anywhere right now without having to worry about life responsibilities, where would you go and why?

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 10-06-2005, 05:48 AM
Elite Fan

Favorite thing to eat? mexican
If you could go anywhere right now without having to worry about life responsibilities, where would you go and why? A day spa followed by an afternoon of reading in the sunshine
Old 10-06-2005, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

favorite type of mexican food?
favorite book?
since i know you're a mom already, i've been wondering how many kids you have and how old they are?

i love mexican food too deb! yumm and your day off sounds marvelous.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 10-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh Deb! the beatles yeaah they rock! *ok calm down lola"

Where do you live in Australia? What do you prefer in the place where you live?
What are the best holidays you ever had?
Can you play instruments? if no or yes, whet kind of instrument do you like?

O'Stevens~Pacey/Andie~Ross/Rachel~Hyde/Jackie

avie made by trutdelamode(LJ)
Old 10-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

What is your favorite time of day?
Old 10-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

What book are you reading?
What's your favourite song right now?

icon credit: miss-rebel86
Old 10-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

Oh Deb!!! Belinda Carlisle!!! I so love her!! And well, summer rain remembers of D/J somehow... 'Oh my love since that day, somewhere in my heart I'm always, dancing with you in the summer rain...' *double sigh* Soooo roamntic! And 'U can't touch it' God, I can eveb visualize the video!! Go MC Hammer!!

I already knew we were kindred spirits when it comes to Anne

OK, ok, I got to calm down and make some questions!.

Mmmmmm....

Is there any dream you still have to get? if so, what it is about?
Is there any dream you had to leave behind? If then, what was it about?
Old 10-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

favorite type of Mexican food? Bean and cheese enchiladas with Mexican apple salad. I can tel you love Mexican Nic Isn't it the best!
favorite book? Anne of Green Gables. I LOVE it!
since i know you're a mom already, I've been wondering how many kids you have and how old they are? I have two girls, 3 and 1.
Where do you live in Australia? What do you prefer in the place where you live? I live in Queensland on the Sunshine Coast. I'm 7min from Steve Irwin "Crocodile Hunter" but I rarely say crikey unless I'm pretending to be him. My favourite part of where I live is the rolling hills of the hinterland oh and the beaches can't be beaten.
What are the best holidays you ever had? My best holiday was my honeymoon to Tahiti. *happy sigh* I snorkeled all day and managed to survive without a tv or computer
Can you play instruments? if no or yes, whet kind of instrument do you like? My poor parents invested four years of piano lessons but I really can't say that I 'play' the piano. It's quite a lumbering process.
What is your favorite time of day? Before children it used to be early morning, now it starts at 7:30 pm when all my jobs are done and the children are in bed
What book are you reading? Oh dear - "Taming the Zoo - raising a well-mannered child in 6 weeks" Wish me luck.
What's your favourite song right now? Shannon Noll's 'Shine' (runner-up Aussie Idol 2)
Is there any dream you still have to get? if so, what it is about? Hey Bea! Oh I LOVE Summer Rain and may I say that I had that song on repeat when writing the 'hot' VS7 scene Ooh, good deep question. I really hope for a happy, healthy and united family. Raising children in today's world is scary for all sorts of social, physical etc reasons. I really hope that my kids will be able to look back at their childhood with affection and believe that I did my best and still want to hang around my husband and I.
Is there any dream you had to leave behind? If then, what was it about? My ultimate career dream has been to be a lecturer in speech pathology in the field of aged care. I completed two years of my PhD but had to leave it for financial reasons. *where's my Dawson?* I've done some lecturing since and a few other things that are important in the field but I just wish I'd completed my thesis. There's always time I guess.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

wow deb...you sound like you lead such a full life! not only are you funny, but you are well read and i can tell by the way you talk that you are a very intelligent person. mexican is the best.

since you aren't technically a profesor, what exactly do you do?
how did you meet your husband and how long have you been with him?
do you think becoming a mother changed you? if so in what ways?
do you have pets? if so what kind and how many? if not, do you want any pets?

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 10-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Extreme Fan

What is your fav. show besides DC?
What is your biggest fear?
What is your biggest pet peeve?

Mexican is my fav. food too deb!

Icon: Jacky
Old 10-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, I had never thought of it as a full life because I'm home so much of the day, but I am always busy and I have an interest in a lot of different little things I guess.
Hee! We all love Mexican.

since you aren't technically a profesor, what exactly do you do?When I'm not on maternity leave, I'm a speech pathologist who works for a hospital in their nursing home and brain injury units. Basically much of my job is staff education and creating an environment where my patients have maximum resources to communicate and also to eat, since swallowing disorders are part of my role too.
how did you meet your husband and how long have you been with him? To make a long story short, he was the best friend of my classmate's fiance. He was the best man at their wedding and I needed a lift cause I was singing in the choir (cause they loved me but no bridesmaid spots were left and they wanted me to do something. I can't sing!). I remember we kept having weird little moments of eye contact in the rearview mirror (he was driving and I was in the back seat) and 5 days later we were an item
do you think becoming a mother changed you? if so in what ways?Yes and no - I was very conscious of trying not to lose other aspects of myself and I wasn't ever a 'kid' or 'clucky' person. I'm still not a mum who's comfortable talking about potty training and going to mother's groups and play sessions. Sometimes I wish I were because it can get lonely when your friends' lives totally revolve around their young children and those issues and you see the support networks that they have as a result. So in that sense I haven't changed because I still have the same interests and devote time to other things (eg. Dawson's Creek ) But obviously it has changed me in so many other ways. The major ones are, firstly I didn't know how overwhelming the love and protection you feel towards your children is, and secondly, you can't be selfish after having a child. Everything you do, you have their best interests in mind.
do you have pets? if so what kind and how many? if not, do you want any pets? I love animals (I was raised on a farm) but we have to go away on my husband's business quite a bit so it isn't practical to have many pets. We do have one Siamese cat who my girls regard as their little brother. He's totally spoiled.
What is your fav. show besides DC? Tie between Seinfeld and Friends
What is your biggest fear? Death of a family member
What is your biggest pet peeve? Voluntary stupidity
Old 10-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Do you have a large group of friends or few close friends?
If you could meet only one celebrity who would it be and why?
What is your style? (conservative, sporty, casual, etc..)

Icon: Jacky
Closed Thread   Post New Thread