Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2018, 09:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Happy 20th Anniversary!!

Hey guys! It's been so long...

I just wanted to pop in because today marks the show's 20th anniversary! I can't believe it... It's been 20 years.

This show holds such a special place in my heart. Even though it was cheesy and dramatic, and there were a lot of things that happened on the show that I personally would have liked differently... this show is special to me.

I have so many great memories because of Dawson's Creek. I grew up watching the first 4 seasons over and over again, but it wasn't until the summer of 2012 that I bought the complete box set and watched the whole series in its entirety. The show helped me come out to my mom that summer. It formed a strong friendship between me and an old friend of mine when I had her watched the series with me that summer and it was all that we talked about. Even though we haven't spoken in a while, I still have those fond memories. How we planned to one day take a road trip to Wilmington in North Carolina and visit all of the spots where they filmed the show. Maybe one day we still will.

The memories I have of posting on this forum and becoming a moderator. I think I was a mod for about a year and a half or so? It was such a great experience. I had so much fun talking about the show and making friends with you guys. I even started writing a fan fic which I had a lot of fun writing. It's a shame I never got around to really continuing it, because I had so many great ideas in mind...

Even though I haven't really watched the show since that summer and I've drifted away from FanForum, I never forgot about the show. There has been many times when I'd think about the show and wanted to start rewatching it again. I still have the box set sitting on my shelf where I see it every day. I've been looking forward to this 20th anniversary since last year, because I've been planning on starting a rewatch of it today to celebrate the occasion.

Maybe I'll start posting on this forum again as I rewatch the series. Maybe I'll reconnect with my old friend and talk about the show again and our plans to one day visit Wilmington. All I know is I'm looking forward to watching the show again, because even though it isn't perfect, and there are things about the show I wish were different... I still love it so much and it will remain to be so special to me because of how much of an impact this silly show has had on my life.

Here's an interview Kevin Williamson did with Hollywood Reporter about the show to mark its 20th anniversary.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ecrets-1075834

I look forward to hearing from you guys about why this show is special to you as well.

- Chris

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'

Last edited by OutoftheWoods; 01-20-2018 at 09:26 AM
OutoftheWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Happy Anniversary! 20 years? That is incredible .
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for posting this outofthewoods. Was fun to read your story about DC.
Well, I actually can't find the right words to describe what it means to me. Being a fan since it first aired in Germany and re-watching it so many times gave it a special place in my heart and in my life. In so many situations I think about the gang. And it always gives me a special feeling when I watch it. These people, the wonderful music, the gorgeous places... Feels like home. I don't know... Really hard to find the right words.

But I know for sure, 100 %, there is no other series or movie that will ever touch my heart like Dawson's Creek did. It is and will be my all time favorite, no matter what :love :
Capeside_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Oh thank you, Chris for starting this thread and sharing your story. I'll pin this thread to the top of the forum.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 01-20-2018 at 04:02 PM
ChristinaL80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:01 PM
New Fan

i cant begin to explain what this show means to me. it has def helped shaped my view point in life, i can honestly say that. i cant believe its been 20 years since it first aired. i can remember it like it was yesterday. the anticipation me and all my brothers had leading up to the premiere and the excitement each week waiting for the next episode. im glad there are people out there that still appreciate it the way i did. reading the recent articles about the show was very interesting. i learned alot i didnt know. like why joey had a boys name and stuff behind the scenes i had no idea about. i didnt realize the eve story arc was so hated lol i actually liked it back in the day but now i can see that it was taking the show in a direction that was very uncharacteristic. im also rewatching the show at the moment and its bringing back so many memories. i even managed to get a hold of a few of original recordings from the wb which is very nostalgic! brings me right back. let me know if anyone wants access to episodes with original music. not everyone minds the new versions but for those who want to watch it like it was originally intended you can pm me and ill help you out. happy 20th everyone i look forward to reading more peoples experience with the show
dudehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:55 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Happy Anniversary to DC. I didn't start watching it till S2 and didn't see S1 till TBS started airing the repeats. I just remember one week I decided to check out all the WB shows at the time (Buffy, Dawson's Creek, Roswell, 7th Heaven, Charmed, and Felicity lol) The only ones that kept my interest were Dawson's Creek, Buffy, and Charmed (until Prue died that is) The show didn't really hit me until S3 when Pacey and Joey fell in love and got together. They were the best thing to come out of the show.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 01-20-2018 at 06:38 PM
Butterfly85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi, I actually remember you as WileyDairyGnome because your posts were are some of the more articulate ones. I used to come here a lot in the beginning, but after all the Shipper Wars forced Jerry D to enforce stricter rules I retreated to the I Hate Jen! (where we loved Jen) board and were snarky and used a lot of profanity.

I'm really glad this board still exists. I always come here when I'm doing a full rewatch. Dawson's Creek is special to me because I was only a year older than the characters web it aired, and my high school years were some of the best years of my life. Dawson's Creek and a lot of the songs remind me of that time. I taped the shows on my VCR, painstakingly pausing the recording during the commercial breaks, and during season 3 I would bring the tapes to school with me the next day, and my best friends and our favorite theatre teacher would watch the show in the theatre office during lunch. Even my most cynical best friend, who teased me mercilessly for my obsession with this show, was glued to the screen during the last quarter of season 3. I get tears in my eyes when Joey and Pacey sail off into the sunset. Every time.

Dawson's Creek is also the first show that had me SO invested in the characters. I loved Joey, I loved Pacey, and after she was no longer a threat to Joey and Dawson (I rooted for Dawson and Joey until the end of season 2) I realized how awesome Jen was. I loved her relationship with Grams and with Jack; I even loved Mitch, and when I forced my older brother to watch a few episodes with me he jokingly began calling him "Uncle Mitch", which I still call him to this day.

I have many great memories of sharing this show with my little cousins, and now my niece. The years have flown by so fast, but I can remember watching that first episode like it was yesterday. I also remember how when the series finale aired I pretty much cried from the moment "I Don't Want To Wait" came on up until the very end, when they showed the montage of key scenes of the entire show. (I wish that was part of the season 6 DVD but it's not. Is it with the complete series box set??) I've been reading articles today about the show and how it touched the lives of so many people for so many different reasons. I'm so grateful for the memories, I'm so grateful that Joey chose to be with Pacey, and I'm so grateful that you guys are still here too, keeping the love alive.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Just found this anniversary vid.

Love reading everyone's stories.

As for me, I watched the show right from the beginning just as I was finishing up my Junior year of HS. Right from the first episode, I rooted for Joey to get the guy. And yes, that initially was Dawson right up until Double Date, I think. It's no secret that my favorite part of the show was Pacey and Joey, but I just loved the simplicity of growing up in a small town and seeing the characters evolve in their various relationships and storylines. I'm just happy that there is still interest in the show and that we still want to talk about it.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Great Vid!

I was intrigued with the show from promos & taped the pilot. I loved it & was very obsessed for the first 2 seasons & became obsessed again watching repeats on TBS. I taped the show off it & still have the tapes somewhere luckily they have the orig. music.

I started out hardcore DJo but fell in love with PJo during the repeats.

I would be fine now with both endgames.

I loved Pandie as well.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks so much for starting this Thread.

Christina and I talked about how we missed the opportunity of an anniversary Thread before the Anniversary date came upon us, but now I realize it doesn't matter if it was started before or not. Just having the Thread is enough, so thanks for that.

I watched DC for the first time in 2012. I never really knew about the show before that and watched it because I had fallen in love with Joshua Jackson from watching Fringe and had to see him in everything he was in. My sister had the DVDs and so I borrowed them. I remember being so into the show that I couldn't turn it off and some nights I had to force myself to stop watching. I had just gotten laid off from my job, so had lots of time on my hands and would stay up to all hours of the night binge watching it after everyone went to bed. I remember a couple of nights I would be going to bed at 5:00am because I was watching it.

DC has a lot of heart and some really great characters, Pacey being my favourite of course and I think I've watched it at least 10 times since 2012. It was also responsible for my introduction to Fan Fiction and I think I read almost every FanFic out there which starred Pacey, but I admit my favourite fanfics are the Pacey/Joey ones. I still re-read some of my favourite PJo fanfics and also wrote one myself which I published on FanFiction.net.

And as you can probably guess, this show is still in my heart because I am a Moderator for this Board.

I look forward to hearing other stories of love for DC from other Members.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I started watching this show for the first time back in the fall of 2015 and it was completely on a whim but I was pretty much hooked from the very first scene in the pilot when Dawson and Joey are watching the end of E.T. (that's still one of my all-time fave scenes from the whole show)

I'm not like most of you guys who watched the show when it was still on the air as I was only 2/3 when it premiered
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
I started watching this show for the first time back in the fall of 2015 and it was completely on a whim but I was pretty much hooked from the very first scene in the pilot when Dawson and Joey are watching the end of E.T. (that's still one of my all-time fave scenes from the whole show)

I'm not like most of you guys who watched the show when it was still on the air as I was only 2/3 when it premiered
That was a great opening scene.

Christina - I love your Avatar. We should have created a few I celebration for others to use. I don't have that skill but it would have been nice to have some.

Last edited by JJH85; 02-01-2018 at 12:48 PM
Old 02-04-2018, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Vox‏ Verified account
@voxdotcom
20 years ago, Dawson’s Creek introduced a love triangle that changed teen soaps forever

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/1/2...gle-joey-pacey

Old 02-05-2018, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Interesting article!
Old 02-26-2018, 05:53 AM
New Fan

Can't believe its been 20 years! I was hooked from the very first episode and it is still my favourite show of all time. Nothing can beat it! The story lines knew just how to tug at my heart strings, loved the music they used and the actors were just so funny and talented

I started watching it when I was 12 years old, I am now 32 and can safely say the obsession has not died down! <3
tantucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread