Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2003, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

Getting To Know Your Fellow Creek Freaks

I've been on this forum for a while and noticed a big turnover in its posters so I thought it would be nice to get to know some of the newer posters and even reacquaint ourselves with the older ones. SO, if you will, please answer any question you feel like answering:

I'll start:

Name: Kimberly
How'd You Choose Your ScreenName? Mine is short for "Sugar" and my original sign in name "Hey Sugar" and it all stems from a chilhood nickname and a high school tag line.
How'd you find FanForum and when did you start posting?
I found FF a few years ago through the original and now nonexistant Dawsonscreek.com message boards, started posting in February of 2001.
When did you start watching Dawson's Creek:
I watched it from the beginning but never with my full attention in season 1 and 2 I watched for a glimpse of Pacey and fiesty Joey but I started seriously watching the show around the middle to end of season 3.
Your favorite DC character and why? Mine is Pacey simply because he has appealing characteristics. He's the bad boy with the heart of gold, the sense of humor and the sex appeal.
Your Favorite DC Episode: Castaways

[ 11-09-2003: Message edited Sugz ]

[ 11-11-2003: Message edited Sugz ]
Old 11-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Good idea [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]!

Name: Ashley
How'd You Choose Your ScreenName? I was going to put 'djforever' but I was talking on the phone and got distracted so accidently typed 'djforalways.'
How'd you find FanForum and when did you start posting? On a DC website I think, I started posting in July of this year.
When did you start watching Dawson's Creek: From the beginning. I saw the promos in Blockbuster and thought it'd be stupid and annoying. I tuned in just to criticize it, but ended up hooked.
Your favorite DC character and why? I honestly love them all, but can relate to Joey the most, so I'll say her.
Your Favorite DC Episode: There are so many... Pilot, Dentention, Breaking Away, Alternative Lifestyles, and A Perfect Wedding are some of my very favorites.

“A car is not a bedroom on wheels!”-Kitty, That 70’s Show
Old 11-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Name: Jerry
How'd You Choose Your ScreenName? I have no originality, [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] so my screen name is just my first name and the first initial of my last name.
How'd you find FanForum and when did you start posting? I found Fan Forum when someone provided a link to Dawson’s Creek Headlines, which was the original website that Fan Forum hosted (and when the Dawson’s Creek board was the only message board that Fan Forum had) on a now non-existent Katie Holmes website, and I started posting here in January of 1999.
When did you start watching Dawson's Creek: I watched it from the very beginning.
Your favorite DC character and why? My favorite character was Jen, because I thought she was a wonderful person with a good heart, and she was also a very warm and caring person with a great sense of humor.
Your Favorite DC Episode: Season One’s Pretty Woman. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-09-2003, 05:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Name: Kathy
How did you choose your screen name?: My friends in college started calling me Katty and Josh is the man!!!
How did you find FanForum and when did you start posting?: Well this is kind of embarrassing but since you already know my age I guess I will tell you. I found the forum from doing a search on JJ. I started posting November 7, 2003. I guess that makes me a newbie.
When did you start watching Dawson's Creek?: I started watching last August (2003) on TBS. It was just a few eps into S1. I used to tease my little sister about watching it when it was originally aired and now I am more hooked than she ever was. I may be a little late to the party but damn if I won't make it more fun!!!!
Your favorite Dawson's Creek character and why? Pacey--Duh Joshua Jackson!!!
Your favorite DC episode?: Castaways--No Dawson or any other lame characters. Just chalk full of Pacey and Joey goodness!!!

I wonder the same thing!!!!
Old 11-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Name :Garrett
Location ennsylvania
How'd I choose my s/n : Tried to think of something different..So this came to mind [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
How did I find fan forum and when Did I start posting : A few months ago, I was searching around for Dawson's Creek and this came up...
When did I start watching : Unfortunatly season 6 [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Fav Character : Dawson...Because He loves films and writing as I do and he is an old fashion kinda guy [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Fav Episode : So many but I'm gonna have to say "The Longest Day"
Old 11-09-2003, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Name: Bella
How'd You Choose Your ScreenName? Its my name
A friend of mine told me about it.. back in 2000.
From the very beginning I have tapped every single episode.
Your favorite DC character and why? Joey.. Im not too sure why.. probably because I really admire Katie Holmes
Your Favorite DC Episode: Oh man i cant just pick one... um.. the Pilot, True Love, stolen kisses, the longest day.. sooo many more lol

[ 11-09-2003: Message edited *BeLLa* ]
..:Welcome to Breaktown:..
Old 11-09-2003, 06:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Name: Tara
How did you choose your screen name?: Lyrics from a Brand New song.
How did you find FanForum and when did you start posting?: I heard of FanForum from Project Nookie, and started posting in March.
When did you start watching Dawson's Creek?: I watched it off and on during the first two seasons, and then got so intrigued by Season 3, I wouldn't miss an episode, and it's been that way since.
Your favorite Dawson's Creek character and why?: Jen, because she was genuinely a good person and she'd gone through a lot in her life, yet she was so strong. Pacey too of course.
Your favorite DC episode?: Castaways, The Longest Day

[ 11-09-2003: Message edited glory fades ]

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:03 PM
MST Manager

Name: Nikki

How'd You Choose Your ScreenName? My best friend has been calling me that since we met in the fourth grade.

How'd you find FanForum and when did you start posting? I found FF in mid-2000 through Yahoo! but I lurked for almost a year without registering until May 2001. My very first post was at the Pacey/Joey snail.

When did you start watching Dawson's Creek: Since the series premiere.

Your favorite DC character and why? Pacey. Ah, too many reasons to list. And my 2nd favorite character is Jen, because she's hilarious and keeps it real.

Your Favorite DC Episode(s): The Longest Day. Seriously, the best episode EVER. My 2nd favorite is Separation Anxiety.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good idea Sugz [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Name: Kelly

Age: 30 and almost 31 [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] why me?

How'd You Choose Your ScreenName? Because I'm a DJer [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] and my sign in name [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] is JustaGirl because I couldn't think of a good one

How'd you find FanForum and when did you start posting? I find this site through a Dawson creek news site and I was lurking a few months before posting

When did you start watching Dawson's Creek: S1 of course

Your favorite DC character and why? Joey [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

Your Favorite DC Episode: Coda and a few others
Old 11-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

Name: Deborah
How'd You Choose Your ScreenName?
It's my name and the first initial of my surname [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
I found FF in early 2000 just looking up DC related sites and then started posting over a year later. The couple wars drew me out of lurkdom [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
In season 3
Your favorite DC character and why?
Dawson - I understand him the most and find his idealism and ability to dream very appealing.
Your Favorite DC Episode: Detention

[ 11-09-2003: Message edited Deb D ]
Old 11-09-2003, 09:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Good idea Kim!

Name: Kim
How'd You Choose Your ScreenName? Honestly, I couldn't think of anything else.
I found FF when I was looking for some more P/Jo fanfic and spoilers at the end of season 3. I've been here ever since.
I've been watching since the very first episode, but didn't get hooked until season 3. During season 3 I was gone...a fan until the end.
Your favorite DC character and why? Pacey - he just has it all - the look, the humor, he's sensitive, just an all around interesting guy.
Your Favorite DC Episode: A tough choice. I can never pick just one. Today I would say Castaways. No, Coming Home or maybe Stolen Kisses....

Kim
Old 11-09-2003, 10:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Name: Amanda
How'd You Choose Your ScreenName?
It's a combination of two highschool nicknames. gallie is a shortened version of my last name, and girlie came from "girlie girl" which is what my guy friends used to call me (they knew I hated it cause I was always such a tomboy)
I didn't really start exploring the internet for Dawson's Creek realted sites until around the time of Season 3, that's when I found Dawson's Creak Daily which led me to this forum. I was a lurker for that whole year and didn't actually start posting till season 4 when I went off to college.
I've watched since the beginning. It was cool since when the show first started I was the same age as the characters.
Your favorite DC character and why?
Hard to say, cause there are certain traits of each character that I like. But if I had to choose I would say Joey, or to be more specific, "old" Joey (as it is sometimes referred to). My reasoning is that I saw alot of my earlier self in that character, smart-broody-naive tomboy with a best friend she was in love with.
Your Favorite DC Episode:
I'm not sure if I could pick just one, but the one's that top my list are; Detention, Stolen Kisses, TLD, and Escape from Witch Island.

-gallie
Old 11-09-2003, 11:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Name: Heather
How'd You Choose Your ScreenName?: My login name is from back in the day when I was a D/Jer and disappeared as soon as FF installed the displayed name feature.
How'd you find FanForum and when did you start posting?:
I found FF through DCH and started posting in February of 2000
When did you start watching Dawson's Creek: I was addicted from the beginning.
Your favorite DC character and why?: Pacey because he's Pacey. That is all.
Your Favorite DC Episode: Stolen Kisses and Show Me Love, because I'm a sucker for Pacey/PJ angst, yo.

[ 11-09-2003: Message edited * Heather * ]
Old 11-10-2003, 01:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Name:: Ashleigh
How did you choose your screen name?: A big That 70's Show fan!
How did you find FanForum and when did you start posting?: I saw it on a Roswell website
When did you start watching Dawson's Creek?: started watching in Season 3, I wouldn't miss an episode, and it's been that way since.
Your favorite Dawson's Creek character and why?: Jen ahnds down, i know she supposed to be like the 'bad girl' but she was a really good person, she didn't change who she was, she was kind, caring and a good friend to Joey, Dawson, Pacey & of course Jackers! When she was killed off i felt like i was losing part of me. Her little video to her daughter had me balling like a babyi just lost it.
Your favorite DC episode?: Detention,The Longest Day, True Love, 100 Light Years From Home, Castaways, All Good Things....Must Come to an End (Do they have too?!?!)
.Bianca.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:41 AM
Master Fan

Name: Virginie
How did you choose your screen name?: Malha was my grandma's name. I never knew her, she died very young, but I hope she's watching over my family. And also because I love that name.
How did you find FanForum and when did you start posting?: I found FF around September 2002, searching for spoilers and infos on JJ. I lurked for some time and registered in february, I made my first post on the thread about Castaways when the episode just aired.
When did you start watching Dawson's Creek?: From the very beginning, but I really started to watch in an I-can't-miss-any-episode-or-I-might-die kind of way after "Four To Tango". I was a fan of Pacey & Joey since Modern Romance so I was very happy to see that they had a chance.
Your favorite Dawson's Creek character and why?: Pacey. Probably because he's the one I relate to the most. Problems with my parents, low self estim...
Your favorite DC episode?: TLD and Castaways.