Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the all the info! I plan on eating at Leery's Fresh Fish (it is the Water Street Restaurant, correct?). I definitely want to see Hell's Kitchen, and I hope I can spot Joey's wall - that would be neat!

Thank you for the info about the Chamber of Commerce. I am sooo excited!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

Im going to Wilmington in 4 days
It might all be gone t o m o r r o w.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Loyal Fan

I am so jealous.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
Thanks for the all the info! I plan on eating at Leery's Fresh Fish (it is the Water Street Restaurant, correct?). I definitely want to see Hell's Kitchen, and I hope I can spot Joey's wall - that would be neat!

Thank you for the info about the Chamber of Commerce. I am sooo excited!

Jamie - Joey's wall is uber easy. I can't remember the road, since it's sorta towards a dead end and it's been about 5 years since I was there. (Oh, wait. It HAS been five years this month! )

But let's see, I know that it's the next block over from the Water Street Restaurant, which yes, was Lerry's Fresh Fish. That's still Water Street (fittingly.) and if you just continue down past the restaurant, you'll pass a brick building on your right. That's where Josh and James lived for the first season AND that's where (where it's got picnic benches and the boardwalk) Pacey and Dawson had a talk in 321 (you know, where Pacey "leaps" over a railing with one arm?).

Keep going down and to your left, is most likely a void or maybe they built something now, but that's where Joey's restaurant was, but they tore it down, now. I think if you just keep going until the block becomes another street; the first left you have take it. Walk up the street, and you'll see Joey's Wall at the intersection on your left. (you'll notice the restaurant across the street fits in with any video or caps you might have seen in the background from the show) I hope that helps!

natehaley - Wheeee! Have fun!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you Mandy! That was a bit confusing, but I will just print out your post and bring it with me. It will be a big help! Is the wall still painted?! That might be a dumb question...
Old 04-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
Thank you Mandy! That was a bit confusing, but I will just print out your post and bring it with me. It will be a big help! Is the wall still painted?! That might be a dumb question...
Jamie,

Sorry if it's a bit confusing. You just gotta bear with me on that. If you look at a map or something, I'm sure that'll help too.

No, the wall isn't painted anymore. A little trivia, but it was never painted to begin with. They put a fake brick wall in front of the other real wall and painted it.

I looked on a map, and I see that the road that its on is called "Quincy Alley". I didn't know the name because it's just that, an alley. Just go up the alley to Front Street.

It's on the corner of Front Street and Quincy Alley. If you make a left on Front Street and follow it all the way down, you'll see the Cotton Bldg. which is where Civilization was supposed to be at. At the end of Water Street (the other direction towards the Hilton Hotel), you'll find the train station where Pacey dropped off Joey.

Geez. I should write these all down. My memory is coming back.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:14 AM
New Fan

I love reading these posts. I live in Wilmington. I'm going to school here right now, but my mom used to live in Wrightsville/Carolina Beach for years, as well as my sister. So even though I haven't lived here all my life, I'm still a full-bred local at heart, giving all my classmates the "shortcuts" to the beach from campus and nagging on tourists. haha.

Anyways, I think it is absolutely amazing to go to class every day where SO many scenes of the show were filmed. It makes me crazy. haha. I also love going downtown on Thursday nights... while everyone else wants to go "clubbing," there I am looking like a fool, scoping out the potential past scenes of Dawson's Creek. I'm pretty positive this spot on Airlie Rd before you get to Dockside and the restaurants was where Pacey and Joey got out of the car and he kissed her. So I always like to take that route to the beach so I can tell whoever I'm with about that pivotal moment in DC history.

So anyways, yes, Wilmington's pretty lovely. Eventually, I want to move to Wrightsville, just because the people are a little more "chill." But I definitely cherish the fact that I'm living in the real Capeside.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Master Fan

Aww, welcome InPerfectClouds!

And you're right! Airlie Rd IS where Joey kissed Pacey! You can't miss that turn out.

Also, if you go down Water Street -- or on the other side of Water Street from Leery's place, you'll find Elijah's which is Pacey's restaurant!
Old 04-27-2008, 02:52 AM
New Fan

Thanks for the welcome!

And oh, nice! I haven't eaten at Elijah's yet, just because I hear it's overpriced for the food you get! haha. We actually went by last Saturday for a friend's birthday, but we walked in and the wait was just too long. My roommate loves that place, though.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

Aww, I think it's a pretty popular place. I still really like the Water Street Restaurant and their "sweet tea", which is a must for any Carolinian.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

InPerfectClouds, which school do you go to? The university?

Mandy - I made it to Wilmy & back. thanks for all of your help. I definitely found Joey's wall! It was sooooo fun!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

Did you go into Hell's Kitchen?? That was my favorite DC site that i went to in wilmington....looks exactly the same inside! and according to a DC site, it is joey's boat on the wall.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

*sigh* I want to go back to Wilmington again! Specifically before One Tree Hills stops filming there (no idea when that will be because I don't keep close tabs on all of that). I wanna be an extra since I wasn't able to for DC.

avi: Beatriz
Old 05-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Jaime! Awesome! Glad that it worked out for you.

I got to be an extra during the second to last episode and watch a lot of the filming. Luckily, the first and only time I went there, they were doing almost everything on location. Wheee!

My extra stint was inside Hell's Kitchen! I got to meet Busy Philipps and Jack Osbourne, too and watch Busy sing. Fun times!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

Awwww, Mandy, how awesome!!! That all sounds wonderful. I need to go back to Wilmington and watch OTH film for sure! I got to listen to a few of my favorites film, but we could not see them.

I went by Hell's Kitchen a lot, but I never went inside... definitely should have. I will post a few pictures when I get home tonight (as long as I remember to).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread