Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Favorite Joey scenes

Hi everyone

I thought I'd start a thread where we could post some of our favorite Joey scenes. I'm a big fan of Joey and I have so many favorite Joey scenes. I thought Katie did a wonderful job playing Joey and I always find her very compelling to watch. Her eyes and facial expressions are so expressive.

Some of my favorites:

The last scene of The Scare when Dawson is talking about how sad he would be if Joey died. I love the look on Joey's face during that scene. She is very touched by what Dawson says and you can see tears forming in her eyes.

The Perfect Wedding- the scene where Mr. Potter comes back to the wedding dressed up in a suit and Joey walks over to him and they dance. I love the way Katie played that scene.

Abby Morgan, Rest in Peace- the scene where she visits her mom's grave. Katie did a great job there.

The last scene of To Green, With Love where Pacey shows Joey the wall. I loved the way Katie played that scene. Loved her facial expressions.

The last scene of Neverland where she and Pacey meet at the store. Again, I loved the way Katie played that scene.

The last scene of True Love. I love the little smile she gives Pacey right after she says "I know."

The Graduate and Coda- these two episodes were very emotional and Katie was amazing in them. I especially liked Katie's performances in these scenes:

The Graduate- the scene where Joey goes to Pacey's house and he says that the only way he could get over her is to not be around her anymore and she asks him if he sees a time in the future where they could be friends and he says he doesn't want to think about the future. My heart broke for Joey in that scene. She's crushed at the thought that her and Pacey may not be friends again.

The Graduate- the scene where Dawson reads her her mom's letter.

Coda- Dawson and Joey's first goodbye scene outside Joey's house. I thought Katie did a great job here. It's really hard for her saying goodbye to Dawson and her eyes start to tear up when she says that she'll see him at Christmas, then when she hugs him she looks so sad.

Coda- the "do you believe in magic" speech. Katie did a great job here too. I felt so bad for Joey. It made me cry.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

The first scene that comes to mind for me when I read this is a scene in "Joey Potter and the Capeside Redemption". The scene is in the restaurant where she is talking to Pacey. Pacey asks her to give the envelope of money that he raised for Dawson's movie to Dawson and Joey says no and that it is not her fight.

I just thought that this was a great moment where Joey finally came to terms that it is not her fault that Pacey and Dawson are having problems with their friendship. This is their fight for them to work out. She always worried so much about the rift between these two and always seem to do things because she did not want to hurt Dawson or Pacey and they always seemed to backfire on her over the seasons.

I just thought this was a great moment for her as she finally let go of it all and came to terms that this in no way her fault. All she wanted was for them to be friends again.

There are many more favourite Joey scenes for me but this stands out the most for me.

Andie: "And where we had our first kiss. I remember my knees were shaking like crazy."

Pacey: "My heart... boom boom boom boom boom boom"

Last edited by pacenjen; 10-08-2004 at 03:16 PM
Old 10-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Loyal Fan

I love the scene in S1 where Joey talks to her father in prison.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

One (of the many) Joey scenes that I like is the final scene in "Failing Down" when she tells Pacey that no matter what it is, they're going to fix it and she's not going anywhere without him. The emotion that both KH an JJ put in that scene is amazing.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 10-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

I really like the Joey scenes where she stands up for herself. Like at the very end of episode 602 when she firmly decides that it wasnt right what Dawson did and for the rest of the series she really stuck tothat. Also the end of True Love where she ran to Pacey and finally got what she'd wanted. This is, of course, Joey in later seasons because she constantly stood up for herself in earlier seasons.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

When Joey went to see her father in season 1....
When joey realized that she wanted to with pacey in True love
When joey stuck up for herself when she slept with dawson.
Joey jealous side in castaways.
The scene when she went to paris, in joey in the capeside redemption.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Loyal Fan

true love ending scene

i loved her throught castaways

she amused me during future tense
Old 10-08-2004, 05:33 PM
Absolute Fan

The end of "True Love"

The end of "Stolen Kisses"

The entire episode of "Castaways"

The paris scene in "Joey Potter and the Capeside Redemption"

The "I don't want to be let off the hook" speech in "...Must Come to an End"

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love Joey's character and have so many favorite scenes that feature Katie. I love when Paul Stupin always says(in the commentaries) how when they were editing an episode and were stuck with how to end a scene, they would say "cut to Katie"...because she always had such great facial expressions and emotion in her scenes: The first ones that come to mind are :

Season 1: In "Dance" when she watches Jen and Dawson dancing...the pain on her face is so gut-wrenching.
In The Pilot in the ending scene when she asks Dawson how often he walks his dog and then she runs away and cries.
In Decisions ..the entire ending scene...Katie does an amazing job expressing her frustrations with Dawson and then her "surprise" when he finally kisses her.

Season 2: Probably the most amazing Joey scene to me as far as pain/emotion: Parental Discretion Advised when she shows her father she is "wired" and then the ending scene with Dawson. Truly a spectacular scene.
"Be Careful What You Wish For"--ending scene when she sits by Dawson's window and its snowing, and the entire diaolgue between her and Dawson before that.
"Kiss"--the "First Date" scene between her and Dawson....James and Katie are both great in this scene.

Season 3: "Like a Virgin"---When Joey "offers" herself to Dawson...she is so vulnerable in that entire scene.
And also, in the same episode...the ending scene with her and Pacey where she cries in his arms.
"The Longest Day"---Fight scene between her and Dawson

Season 4: "Coming Home"--The scene where she goes to Dawson's house and nobody is home. Just the look on her face when she walks into Dawson's room and finds that it is totally different...I love that scene(and the song that went along with it)
"Falling Down"--ending scene with her and Pacey.
"Winter's Tale"--Love scene
"Coda"--"Pure Magic" speech...I cry every time.

I better stop...I could go on and on.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Some more favorite Joey scenes:

I love all her scenes with Anderson in The Kiss. They were cute together.

The scene in Baby where she and Dawson are talking outside his house and she tells him about how Bessie reminds her of her mom .

Crossroads- the scene where she tells Dawson that she has always believed in him and that she's his biggest fan.

The scene with Dawson on his rooftop near the end of Full Moon Rising.

Her scenes with Jack in The Reluctant Hero.

The scene near the end of Alternative Lifestyles where Joey tells Bessie how proud she is of her. A really nice scene between the Potter sisters.

The All Nighter- the scene where she talks to Chris's little sister. So sweet.

First Encounters of the Close Kind- the scene where she comforts Dawson after his movie screening didn't go so well.

The end of Valentine's Day Massacre when Pacey goes to see her. I love how Joey says "So are we all finished here?" and then the way she is looking at him when he's trying to tell her his feelings, then her smile when he starts talking about her driving.

Her talk with Jack in the Anti Prom. I love their friendship.

Separation Anxiety- the scene where she asks Pacey to come to the Worthington Party and the scene at the party where she says "How can I enjoy it (life) without you?"

Her scene with Gale in The Long Goodbye.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread