Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2004, 07:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ever meet a cast member?

I dont know if this is already a topic and if it is I am sorry but i would love to hear stories and see pics from your encounters. I will post mine ASAP!
Old 03-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Cotton Candy

I met Michelle in 1999 and saw the cast (but didn't exactly meet them) in 2002. I will try to come back later with some stories.

Old 03-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

I met Josh almost a year ago in Wrightsville.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugz:
<STRONG>I met Josh almost a year ago in Wrightsville.</STRONG>
Ditto. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Time flies...
Old 03-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Loyal Fan

I met Katie briefly at TIFF in September.

Go Tar Heels!!
Old 03-19-2004, 12:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Actually we met everyone (my best male friend, and my other friend).. it was almost one year ago (April 20-26) -- you know when.. At the Goodbye Ceremony and the final week of filming. The only one I didn't get a pic with is Katie.. but I took one of her with my friends real fast.. Katie was not very nice on that Thurs when we stood outside for 8 hours and got pics with everyone.. we were the last ones to say goodbye to James and his then finance Heather.. who both got pics with us.. and James was very nice. actually Heather was taking video of us getting pics of him and her.. so James/Heather have video of James saying goodbye to all the crew... he shook their hands and gave hugs to each person. Michelle, Josh, Kerr, James, even Heather...Dylan,Gail, Grams, Bessie,(the kids that played Lily and Alex and Amy--well we took pics of them.. not with them) and Mr. Williamson... I have pics with (Mr Williamson passed by us twice that day (Thurs.) walking by going back and forth from set-- but the first time we didn't notice it was him.. second time he walked right in front of us.. i almost fainted-- my friend was like that was Kevin.. everyone else was like who.. he's like Kevin Williamson.. and we were like NO that wasn't.. but it was) but we didn't want to interrupt him while he was on a cell and his assistant who used to live here in PA was very nice to us at the GC... but katie kept saying she was coming over to the 6 of us(5 girls and one boy).. but she never did.. but when the Goodbye Ceremony she was all over everyone with a different attitude. GO FIGURE..
I briefly got to work with Meredith in the only scene that was shot with her. the one with her and Josh in the hospital.. she only worked like 2 hours and then left( I heard she was either staying with Kevin Williamson, Katie or Josh.. I think it was Josh though)I think Mr Williamson either stayed at the Hilton or with Katie.. if so he was staying in her house which was right behind our hotel and which we visited before left..
But I got to say hi to Meredith and say some other things.. she is so skinny and nice also..
John Wesley Shipp I met previously on our first trip to Wilmington.. actually it was the night he filmed his last scene for DC.. his death one.. and he was taking home Margaret Humes because she lived near him and it was about 11 at night and my friend and I were working with a small group of extras on a promo for the death episode(we were waiting for our taxi to take us back to the hotel from the studio-and they stopped their car and got out and got pics.. but the promo was all cut.. we still got paid for it anyway. But he was very nice.. he was the first celebrity i met and i was very shaken. but he put his arms around me and said "Don't worry I am not a big celebrity.. made me laugh in the pic" (I'll always remember that one)
But I can't not say that it was a chance of a lifetime.. and to actually talk to Mr Williamson for a minute and have his hands in a hug around me as my friends figured out my camera.. and he was very nice.. I shook his hand and told him-- that this was the best show.. and it changed a lot for me (something to that effect).. Also my friend was recognized by him because my friend sent him a headshot months before we went- -Mr. Williamson told him he had the headshot in his desk drawer -- in a folder for future project.. we hope. But that trip and the others before..will forever be in my memory. I can't express that final week in Wilmington too.. working on the final episode as an extra, getting paid, the tour in the studios with never before seen sets before they tore them down...being shown in the DVD version of the finale.. working with Josh and Meredith, and meeting the entire cast and some crew members.. some of which know us by name, and being there as the town said goodbye at the show.. priceless.. And to top it all off I got to meet my idol and genius for this show.. a show I will never forget or miss.. Mr. Williamson.. words can;t express that. Pics and video of the last week from a friend will forever be etched in our minds. How's that.
P.S. We traveled to Wilmington I think 4 times(the last one was the finale week).
Old 03-19-2004, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

Yup.. I met them all. I was lucky enough to win a competition to go to the Concert on the Creek, back in November 1999. I'm from Australia and an obsessed with the show so to win a competition to fly over to Wilmington for the Concert was a dream come true.
Its really late here now though but Ill come back soon and post about it..
..:Welcome to Breaktown:..
Old 03-19-2004, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bel [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] how about some pics too...you know you want to [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 05:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well, i never actually met josh (except in my dreams) but i was in the audience when he was on Graham Norton- so we have been in the same room togethor. He was his usual charming and adorable self. He was a really gracious guest and seemed genuinely taken aback at the hugely warm reception he received. The audience loved him!
Old 03-19-2004, 04:10 PM
MST Manager

I have, a few times.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Loyal Fan

I met Michelle once back in 2000. She is one cool chick.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Bella - Wow that was cool. You were lucky.

I have seen all the cast. But I have met Kerr, Michelle, Katie and Josh and all 3 are very sweet and nice. I met them when I was in N.C about 4/3 years ago now, Michelle was in a rush but made time to sign a auotgraph and give me a hug. Kerr was very chatty just about where we were from and I asked him who his best friend was on set and he smiled and said "I love um all" and winked. He also said I was cute and gave me a massive hug and kissed me.

Now Josh [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I have met him twice, the first time was when I met in in N.C and he was really cool didn't chat for long but called my friend pippy long stocking coz of her hair [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Then I was on Vacation in London about 2 1/2 3 years ago and I saw Josh!!! I was like WOW he'd just had his head shaved and I wasn't sure it was him but me and my cousin went over and we had pics and chatted and he was sweet.

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited J@NeY ]
Old 03-22-2004, 06:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I wanna hear some stories..C'mon guys [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Loyal Fan

My story of meeting Michelle in 2000..

My cousin was going to college in NC at the time... I went down to visit her and we decided to take a little trip to Wilmy since we were so close. Also, my cousin knew I was an avid fan of DC so we decided to take a little road trip to Wilmy. I know my cousin was only doing this for me because she did not watch the show so she really didn't care about going to Wilmy even though she lived so close at the time..

Anyway, it was late afternoon on a Friday and we hit the town and I saw so many of the locations from the Creek.. It was amazing! Anyway, I did not even go to Wilmy with the intention of trying to track down the cast or anything. It was all about just seeing everything and just the thrill of knowing that I had been there..

Well, our last stop was for dinner.. Some locals told us where to go.. Restarant/bar type of deal.. Well, we walked inside and my heart almost stopped.. Michelle was sitting at a table right next to where we were being seated! I did not want to be that nut of a fan and run over to her and gush or anything, so I stayed cool.

Michelle was sitting with two female friends and for the life of me, I forgot their names even though I know she told us.. I just know that they worked on the set.. My cousin and I just continued on with our dinner and such.. Well, that was until when my cousin ( I could have slugged her at that very moment) blurts out to Michelle that I was a huge fan of the show.. My cousin is the type of person to be that bold, whereas I am the rather shy and crawl into a hole type.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] My face turned as red as a tomato! I was so embarrassed.

To make a long story as short as possible, once Michelle and her friends heard my cousin tell them this, they ended up joining us at our table. Honest to God, I almost died. I have never felt so stupid and yet so excited at the same time. Well, we had a brief convo that lasted for about 15 minutes.. Michelle was shooting a scene that night.. Basically, through all the nervousness that I was experiencing, Michelle said that she absolutely loved Wilmy and that she loves all the cast but was particularly close with Josh and Katie. I asked her about James and she said that he is really a nice guy.. But as far as who she regularly hangs with, it was mostly Josh and Katie.. Then I nervously told her that I grew up near and around where Katie is from in Ohio.. She told me that Katie adores Ohio and she never forgets that she is a midwestern girl first and foremost. I thought that was awesome. Michelle said that she, herself, digs New York and the hugeness of that wonderful city, but she also likes the calmness of Wilmy and she loved both places for entirely different reasons.. We also talked about how long her work days were and I couldn't believe what a long, drawn out, unpredictable schedule that she had. We also talked about colleges and stuff. She seemed pretty interested when we told her what our career choices were and she, in fact, asked me some questions about the many fields of psychology and then we further discussed the particular field that I am in. It was great. That was basically it although I know that I am missing bits and pieces of the convo...

But, whenever she was leaving, she told us that we could go to the shoot if we wanted.. But, we had to politely decline because we needed to get on our way.. That sucked because I so wanted to go! But, it was impossible because I was catching a plane back to Ohio later that night.. As we were leaving, she told us that if we were ever in town again, to go to the set and say hello.. She was soooooooo cool and down to earth. I just loved her. She was so real and that is what makes her such an extraordinary person. I just can't say enough about her.

Anyway, there's my story and it was a great experience. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-28-2004: Message edited Cleveland Rocks ]
Old 03-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Double

[ 03-27-2004: Message edited Cleveland Rocks ]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread