Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2004, 03:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Episodes you can watch over and over and over.....

We all have our favorite eppys..ones that we hold in our hearts as the "essence" of Dawson's Creek, or eppys that moved you, made you cry, laugh etc..or were "turning points" of the show. But I must say when I think of my "Favorite" episodes in that respect("The Pilot", "Decisions", "True Love" etc.) I have to admit that I am not a fan of the entire episode as a whole, but moreso "moments" of the episode...and when I watch them on DVD/tape I admit to fast-forwarding through parts that don't interest me. For example, I LOVE "True Love", but I always fast-forward through the parts with Jen chasing Henry on the bus.....or even in the "Pilot" episode I end up fast-forwarding through the parts with Tamara, because I never cared for that storyline.

So my question is...is there an episode that you watch from start to finish and enjoy or are captivated by the entire episode as a whole? An episode where, even if you have it taped/DVD, if you catch it in reruns on TBS you still have to sit down and watch the whole thing? One that you can watch over, and over and over again?

For me, its Appetite for Destruction from Season 5. I know this is a fairly odd choice, but it is one of the rare episodes that I can sit down and watch it from start to finish and thoroughly enjoy it and am entertained.

Just curious if you have one of these type of episodes that instantly comes to mind?
Old 03-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

The Bostionians-- Thats an episode that i can watch over and over and never get tired of it, i just watched it last night, and i know all the lines to that episode by heart.

Some other are Reunited, The Kiss, episode 601/602,Coda, Ch..Ch..Changes, The Allnighter, practiclly all of S2, and lets me tell you the zoom botton on your DVD is a very handy divice. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ 03-29-2004: Message edited Britney Van Der Beek ]
Old 03-29-2004, 04:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow I agree Britney I love 501 as well cause the end scene is my favorite moment ever. When it's on or I pop it in the VCR it just brings me back to when I saw it live and the huge smile that came to my face.

Others are Detention, Season 1 Finale,Coda and 601/02

[ 03-29-2004: Message edited COOLCAT200 ]
Old 03-29-2004, 05:56 PM
New Fan

I've completely worn out my copy of Castaways. I love the finale. Clean and Sober! And I can never get enough of True Love. But the only one I don't need to fast forward through is Castaways.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm always watching Castaways without fast-forwarding a single scene... I can also watch Clean & Sober all the way through, since there are many funny scenes in that ep. Stolen Kisses, The Longest Day and True Love are pretty good too. I think that's it. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

The only episode I have watched more than once without fast forwarding is Castaways. It's like a mini-movie, too manys good parts to list them all.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

The S6 premiere. I love anything related to it, it always puts me in a good mood because it is right how I had always pictured D/J together as adults.

I just skip the end [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Oh, and Coda too. I love how the whole episode revolves around D/J and everybody knows there is more than meets the eye and comments on it: Jack, Jen, Mitch [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] The last four act is very sweet.

[ 03-29-2004: Message edited Beatriz ]
Old 03-29-2004, 07:23 PM
Cotton Candy

I never fast-forward through any Season 1 or 2 episode (unless I want to just see a certain scene for some reason). Each installment is perfection in my eyes and when I sit down to watch an episode on tape, I watch the whole thing.

Old 03-29-2004, 07:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Clean and Sober and Castaways (614+615)...i could watch forever and never get tired.

and detention(107 i think?)...and 503 i love too...and ushual suspects...and castaways. Oh, and almost all of season 3 [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] hehehe
Old 03-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

Oh and for some reason i like the Graduation episode, thats another one that i can watch and not fastforward anything. The Dance, oh and Joey Potter and the Capside Redemption.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

I can watch most of the late season 3 episodes like Stolen Kisses and The Longest Day over and over. Also, Castaways and the finale.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Loyal Fan

The Pilot is pure perfection. I adore it. Just meeting all of them for the first time is so fun. I especially love Joey in this episode. Just shows what a tool this girl is. She is full of strength and flavor.. I just love her. And her interaction with Jen is classic.

Castaways is another one. Just fun from start to finish.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

I would have to say the series finale-both episodes. It's like watching a movie, there's so much emotion. Every time I watch it I find myself just glued to the T.V waiting to see what is going to happen next even though I know how it ends. I don't know it's really weird!

I also have to agree with everyone who said Castaways. I love the part where Pacey is looking for Joey, and she pretends she is hurt and needs bandaids. I can't believe he fell for it [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].
Old 03-30-2004, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mostly all of Season 1 [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] it was the best year

I barely [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] remember S2 but I'm getting the dvds soon [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

S3 - ask me again when I get the dvds [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

S4 - Coda and a few others

S5 - a few

S6 - a few
Old 03-30-2004, 02:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Castaways
True Love
Stolen Kisses
The Longest Day
All Good Things...
...Must Come To An End (finale)
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top