Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2004, 09:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Episode Titles (?)

The episode titles in Season 1 were pretty self-explanatory as far as the title going along with the storyline in that particular episode.(Dance, Kiss, Beauty Contest etc.). Coda used to phase me, but then I looked up the definition and it was much clearer.
But there were some episode titles that never quite made sense to me and I was hoping that maybe somebody on this forum maybe could clear up my quandry, or post some titles you never really "got" either:

The first one that comes to mind is "Hopeless" in Season 4. Its the one where Pacey and Joey go out on a date with Dru and Anna.(Dawson and Gretchen also go out with Gretchen's college friends). I never really understood why the episode was called "Hopeless".

Another one was "Eastern Standard Time"(Season 4)--where Joey and Jen go to NYC and Gretchen and Dawson go on a road trip. Why "Eastern Standard Time"?

The last one was in Season 5..."Cigarette Burns"---Dawson and Oliver's movie-screening where we meet Amy Lloyd the film critic for the first time. I know that in Season 5 they used alot of book-titles for episode titles, and usually the title "fit" in some way(Hotel New Hampshire etc.), but I never got "Cigarette Burns" and how it related to that episode and the storylines.

Any help, or your own input or questions, would be appreciated.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Administrator

I think that Hopeless referred more to Mr. Brooks’ condition, as it was revealed that he was dying in that episode, and he overdosed on pills at the end of it and he died in the next episode.

Cigarette Burns is a movie term for airing a new film.

Eastern Standard Time referred to the fact that everyone was doing something on the East Coast, i.e. Maine (for Dawson and Gretchen) and New York (for Joey and Jen).

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-27-2004, 08:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Wow--thanks Jerry D. Now those titles make sense.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

Questions asked and answered, closing this now
Closed Thread   Post New Thread