Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Discussion of the week #100 - "Pilot "

Episode #100 - "Pilot "

Best friends Dawson and Joey have been spending the night together since they were little kids in the quiet town of Capeside, but at 15, this ritual takes on complicated elements that change and intrude into their comfortable relationship.
Though Dawson pretends to think about nothing but filmmaking, Joey knows that sexuality is bound to hit him over the head soon, and to her dismay, it does so with force when the blonde and lovely Jen appears next door visiting from New York. Meanwhile, their friend Pacey, who is rather a social outcast, decides to exercise his budding hormones by conducting an improbable flirtation with an older woman who turns out to be his English teacher.
The only sexually satisfied people seem to be Dawson's parents, who still vigorously lust for each other, but behind whose passion may lurk an ugly secret.

I'm so glad we're in season 1 now I'll post my thoughts later on.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

I always move when I see this episode.... The beginning of this wonderful show..... See Dawson, Joey Jen and Pacey so young... A beautiful atmosphere, And fantastic songs.....
davide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Awww! They're so young. I love the opening credits for S1.

icon credit: miss-rebel86
Sweet_Honeycomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The beginning of dawson's creek, it was cute...watching Dawson and Joey watching ET on the bed.
I like how we first met Jen, coming out of the cab...you could see Joey having the green eyes right there
I felt that Pacey shouldn't flirt with the older women who turned out to be his teacher, that was wrong.
I even thought Pacey's hair was a bit funny because it looked like a wig at the video shop

This is the episode that everyone talked about, you know...the Dawson's Creek speak (long words talking)
Old 10-31-2007, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

I'm topping this thread Kelly started so that we can discuss a new episode every week; of course we'll start with the pilot

What did you like in this episode? Is this the first DC episode you ever saw? What did you think of the characters? What's your favourite scene?

You can talk about many things concerning the episode and I hope you'll all be chatty

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh great idea Jess!

Even as an avid PJer....the very first scene between Dawson and Joey is one of my faves.

Joey: I just think our emerging hormones are destined to alter our relationship and I'm trying to limit the fallout.
Dawson: Your emerging hormones aren't developing a thang for me, are they?

And of course.....my Pacey with one of best lines ever!

Pacey: You blew it lady, because I'm the best sex you'll never have.

Visit DCook & AI
CookieMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

This a great idea!

Cee... My gahhh beaten up Pacey is sooo hott! That was one of my favorite Pilot moments too. That line is infamous.

Pilot... it indeed was the first episode I watched... since we didn't have cable so the only channel the antenna brought us was The WB lol.

It will always be one of my favorite episodes ever. It set up, from the get go, the dynamic of these four teenagers. Dawson the dreamer, Joey the cynic, Pacey the hormonal black sheep, and Jen the most sexually experienced 15 year old that ever lived.

I love that from the pilot this show wasn't going to be about high school students who were the coolest kids in school. They were people that we all could relate to in certain ways.

My favorite moment in episode numero uno was the first scene after the credits when they were making Dawson's movie. It showcased Pacey and Joey's biting banter and sexual repression perhaps... I'm totally biased though.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

The pilot was not the first episode I watched. I started at the end of season 6.
I love the pilot because it was the start of it all, and I love DJ too.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

I love the pilot. It was so scandalous at the time. I couldn't believe it when I watched it. I was hooked from the start withthe Joey/Dawson banter. And Pacey's lines were classic.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

This is the first DC episode I saw I loved the DJo banter right away, it was so original but very realistic at the same time

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread