Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2006, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Discussion #622 - "Joey Potter and Capeside Redemption"

Episode #622 - "Joey Potter and Capeside Redemption"

When Dawson gives up his dream of making his film, a strong-minded Joey rallies the old group back to Capeside to help Dawson begin production.
Meanwhile, an unemployed and depressed Pacey won't be part of Joey's plan but becomes inspired to make sure Dawson has the financial support he needs to finish his film.
Once production is up and running, Jen, Jack and Grams must say their goodbyes and leave for New York, and after her covert plan to reconcile Dawson and Pacey, Joey feels she is now is free to pursue her dream of traveling to Paris.

Michael Lange directed the episode written by Gina Fattore & Tom Kapinos (#622).
Old 09-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

fantastic episode....I love it, One of the best episode ever. Jen, near the cab , that see Capeside, remember when she arrived there and met joey pacey and Dawson....and I also love the final scene, joey in Paris and her beautiful words!
davide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Hi everyone. Here’s what I wrote about this episode at the time that it aired:

I really loved this heartwarming episode, and it brought back Dawson’s Creek to some of its former glory, as it reflected on a theme which has been sadly missing from this show for so long, the theme of friendship. I usually don’t like Joey’s voiceovers, but this one fit this episode perfectly as she reflected on her life and on the lives of the people closest to her, and for one of the first times that I can remember in ages, Joey didn’t focus on herself, but on all the people she loved, before she finally achieved one of her own dreams.

I loved the opening teaser between Dawson and Joey, and it was so nice to see Joey act as Dawson’s muse and inspiration as she tried to act as a mediator between Dawson and Pacey and not allow Dawson to continue to wallow in anger and self-pity. I really liked the way that Joey took charge and organized all their friends to get Dawson’s project off the ground, and I really liked how she refused to let Dawson and Pacey’s negative comments stop the beginning of production of Dawson’s movie.

It was hilarious seeing Audrey dressed up as Ms. Jacobs, and it was great watching Harley, Patrick and George play Joey, Pacey and Dawson, and it was especially funny when Harley questioned whether Joey was a “lesbian.”

It was great seeing Todd come back to help Dawson with his film, and as always, he was a comic hoot as he checked out Joey and ordered Audrey around, and I had to laugh that his honesty about his crude pickup lines actually worked on her. Todd and Audrey, what a pair!

I enjoyed seeing Pacey run into Christy Livingstone, and I thought that it was funny when Pacey told Joey that he didn’t consider himself to be a loser now because the “metaphor” of his adolescence flirted with him and gave him her telephone number. I thought Joey was right when she said that all the women who really did love him, including her, Andie, and Audrey, had tried to tell him that he wasn’t a loser for years, but he never really believed them, and I thought the scene between them was tender and engaging.

I loved the scene between Jen and Grams, and I was glad that Grams isn’t giving up, and that she said that they were just beginning one more chapter in their lives together. I also liked it when Grams said that she missed Capeside but that she didn’t regret leaving, and I thought that everyone’s goodbye to Jen, Grams and Jack was touching and sweet. I thought it was bittersweet to watch Jen leave Capeside like she had arrived, in a cab, and as she pulled away, she got to see actors playing the three people whose lives she changed forever when she stepped out of that cab.

I thought it was sweetly reminiscent to watch Dawson and Joey laying side by side in his bed, and it made me recall why I used to love them so much, and it seemed to me that both Dawson and Joey have really grown up, and it was heartwarming to see them communicate as close friends again, and I thought that this scene was the best scene that we’ve seen between them in years. So much has been lost between these once inseparable best friends, but I was glad to see that something remained of the special bond that they once shared.

It was so nice that Joey arranged to have Dawson and Pacey meet one another, and I was glad that they reached some sort of common ground as they acknowledged that they loved the same woman, and that they had destroyed their friendship over her, and that all she ever wanted was for them to be friends again. I was disappointed to see that there’s still a huge rift between them, but I was glad that they at least acknowledged that there was a possibility that they might be friends again some day.

I was glad that Joey finally achieved her dream of going to Paris, and that she finally seemed content and happy with her life, and I thought that this episode ended Season Six on a hopeful note for everyone, and I hope that the series finale next week will do all the characters that we’ve come to know and love some justice.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

Jerry - I agree with everything you said.

My thoughts on this episode...it was a great way of ending the season, hell, I would go as far as saying even the series. It really just represented coming full circle and closure...and all the allusions and even the movie store owner "what do people do on Friday nights?" --- "rent movies" It was things like that, and just everyone coming together for Dawson...out of selflessness...it made it a really touching episode...and end to Dawson's Creek that year.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:22 AM
Elite Fan

I love this episode, I love it even more than the actual finale cause Jen is still alive It was like watching season 1 all over again, and I love that Joey finally get to go to Paris

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread