Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Administrator

I think that this episode marked the real beginning of my disillusionment with the never resolved Dawson and Joey story, and I started to express my frustration in my episode commentaries, as you saw above. I don't think that any fanbase was as cynically strung along as the Dawson and Joey fanbase was, and by the time Season Six rolled around, I had gotten off the merry-go-round and I could no longer support them as I once did.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Totally agree with Jerry I know how it feels. Very frustrating.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb D
Oh, loved Thistle and that whole last scene in 501.

Yeah Kim, I really disliked Joey and the professor storyline. It seemed yet another guy to fall at Joey's feet. And they had a explored a vaguely similiar storyline with Pacey and Tamara and you're right - so many other college storylines to share rather than that one.
Amen. Same story again
Old 09-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

by this time the writers had lost all creativity and the show was careening ever further downhill. i enjoyed audrey, JJ, and the DJ hug at the end, but for me the show will never be as good as it was in the first 2 seasons. just my humble opinion though.

Nic | avi by crisbr
wistfuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think the show lost it's creativity. I actually liked the setup/transition from Capeside. How they handled Dawson/Joey was another story.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed this episode and thought it was a decent start to season 5, but it definitely felt a bit different. It sort of feels like a new show with the same characters, not the Dawson's Creek that we once had. I don't hate it, but its just a different atmosphere and dynamic with the gang separated and in a college setting.

I didnt love the whole Joey writing plot and her teacher calling her a writer because, since when? Just felt out of place for Joey IMO and it seemed like a contrived way to bridge the seasons together. I didn't hate the interaction with the teacher but the idea that it will turn romantic gives me the heebie jeebies. Especially because he said he had a wife.

I'm pretty disappointed that it took 20 minutes to finally see Pacey and then he only had 1 measly episode throughout the whole premiere! I realize they had to establish the new setting and maybe weren't quite sure what to do with Pacey at that point but man, they could have done something a bit more creative IMO. I did however enjoy the interaction with Jen because I've always loved those two together and I liked the idea that Pacey confided in her about being back in Boston. I also love that Pacey asked about Dawson.

The Jack/Jen moments throughout the episode were probably my favorite part because their friendship is so natural and having grams around also makes it feel like the older seasons of the show. I loved watching them discuss boys. Not sure how I feel about Jack joining a frat. I don't remember this storyline but I assume something wont go well. I did enjoy Charlie immensely in this episode though. Chad had so much charm back when he was younger and I liked the dynamic between Charlie and Jen. I do think his speech went on a tad too long though.

Dawson's SL was pretty uninteresting to me, even though I do like him going after his dream. But all those scenes just felt very draggy to me and I hated that he was away from everyone the entire episode.

First impression of Audrey is good, she was humorous and relatable and I liked the truths she was giving Joey and when she said she would ditch the guy to talk if thats what Joey wanted. She definitely has nuggets of humor and also sincerity which I already love. Her hitting on Jack was pretty hilarious too.

My favorite part of the episode (other than J/J) was of course the Dawson/Joey storyline. I know fans are frustrated with the journey, and I am too, but I remember watching this season for the first time and loving so much that DJ were the focus again. it just felt right to me and one of my favorite things about the series to begin with. Joey questioning her feelings after that kiss was adorable and I loved when the professor said β€œIt ends at the very moment it should begin" because that's exactly how i feel about it. LOL. I just loved the phonecall between them. There's such an ease and a sweetness to their chemistry and it sucked seeing Dawson break their plans. Joey's phonecall to him was so amazing, i love that she admired she couldn't move on because she still had feelings for him. It made my heart so happy because Dawsons was so hurt over the whole situation with PJ and now finally, she is reciprocating those feelings again. THAT ENDING SCENE. I got so happy to see him.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved this episode too. DJ. I never liked how they were written, but I love how it will always be them.