Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Extreme Fan

It really was different for me as well. I don't think though anything can replace the feeling I had at the end of the season one finale. But the Season 1 finale and Coda are completely different episodes besides kiss at the end. I was happy but I did not know what to really make of the Coda kiss untill 501 happened.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200
Oh I know Logan was the D/J version of Sars but I liked what he said and thought he put it nicely.
That's a good comparison, Eric. I didn't read Logan's reviews of the episodes much, but I do remember his review of Coda and at the time, I really did like what he had to say, especially when he said what you quoted.

I used to enjoy reading Sar's hilarious episode recaps at Television Without Pity, but her constant put downs of Dawson, and Dawson and Joey, got old, and to this day, I've never understood why Dawson was hated so much not only over there, but by a lot of people here as well.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D
I think that Coda was one of those episodes, like Season Three’s True Love, that you either loved or hated, depending on your couple preference.
Very true Coda is my fave eppy in season 4 not just Dawson and Joey scenes but Jen, Jack, Joey and Dawson playing "Would you rather" game
Poor Mitch couldn't let go of Dawson, having a fight about the laptop
Jack and Dawson hugging after Jen and Jack gave him a phone that was sweet
Old 09-20-2005, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

coda is my favorite episode i think....

just everything about it.
rearview mirror — it’s in the past, it’s behind her. He’s still running.
He’s in the same running outfit he wore in the pilot.”
fisher & sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:54 AM
Elite Fan

I love Coda, especially because it was an episode centered in Dawson and I was missing that. I think it was great to see him saying goodbye to the most important people in his life. As a DJer, what can I say about all DJo scenes? I loved them, all of them, loved the awkwardness in their first goodbye, that leaded to them meeting again. Loved Joey's speech, full of emotion, but I really liked the fact that Dawson didn't stay... I think they needed to move on from that and I think that showed how much he was grown up. But that kiss by the window... amazing!

I also loved his goodbye scene with Jen. It was beautiful, because they shared an amazing friendship. It was my favorite DJen scene ever. I also loved the Pilot's reference...

Mitch and Dawson's final scene was really emotional.

Another scene that I enjoyed was the last day of Grams, Jack and Jen on the house... Grams remembering her summers... a beautiful scene!

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey guys!

I'm gonna give my two cents!(is that the right expression ). Go easy on me, it's my first time on this thread!
First of all, ITA with Jerry about the fact that Coda is the DJ equivalent of "True love" or "Castaways". That's why I can understand PJers' point of view.
As for me, I really loved this epie beacuse I consider this epie in the process of Dawson's story. Dawson is about to leave Wilmington to go to University and Joey is by his side. For me, it really makes sense if we see how the series began and evolved and I have to say that I really loved Joey's speech to Dawson about how magic the bound they shared was. I didn't really watch this epie from a romantic point of view(well, I did a little) but for me, it was obvious that Dawson and Joey's goodbye was a major moment in the series more than any other goodbyes (although I was moved by the Mitch/Dawson one). Katie and James did an amazing job in this epie

O'Stevens~Pacey/Andie~Ross/Rachel~Hyde/Jackie

avie made by trutdelamode(LJ)
Toscane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Coda for me was one of the best episodes of Dawson's Creek. ITA with a lot of posts though, it is about your shipper preference. You either love the episode or hate it. As a DJer I loved it from start to finish. It had everything that I loved about D/J in it.

I think that magic isn't make believe, magic is something you either believe in or don't. I believe in magic and if there isn't magic or spark between a couple, then it won't work.

Shipper of: Karl/Susan, Dawson/Joey, Bridget/Mark, Willow/Tara
Star Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe when i get home I will watch it... all this discussion makes me want to watch it.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:18 PM
New Fan

Coda is something like Descicions part II, same place, same people, same love, others time, new times.

Anyway I'm DJer, FOREVER, i love Coda, is a new beginning for Dawsons and Joey, the stuffs isn't like i want, but they are soulmates with or without the place or oportuity to love each others, the fitfth saeason is a new experience for them Dawson find himself in Jen, Joey in Dawson and later in hers English proffessor, and a lot of thing, but i have to see the seson 4 and 5 agains, well i want to see all seasons agains.

Bye.
alexlm78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

i loved this episode.

i always quote what dawson said about computers. "You are either a Mac person or a PC person, the choice defines you." hehe

Nic | avi by crisbr
wistfuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That line it so true
Old 09-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

^ totally...i didn't really believe it until I got a Mac...i have converted...so it makes so much sense to me now.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 09-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Dreamer
Coda for me was one of the best episodes of Dawson's Creek. ITA with a lot of posts though, it is about your shipper preference. You either love the episode or hate it. As a DJer I loved it from start to finish. It had everything that I loved about D/J in it.

I think that magic isn't make believe, magic is something you either believe in or don't. I believe in magic and if there isn't magic or spark between a couple, then it won't work.
ITA with your post "Coda" has got to be my fave season 4 episode and the "magic" quote Joey states in this episode is definitely one of my faves from the series
Melissa&Joey Emily&Aiden Logan&Veronica Mick&Beth Ross&Rachel
sweetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:57 AM
Master Fan

Coda is one of my favorite episodes, and not just for the simple fact that it was a D/J eppy. It was a heartfelt goodbye eppy for everyone involved.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:01 AM
Elite Fan

^ ITA jospehine. i loved dawson's parents dealing with him leaving, it was very believeable. i love the phone call between pacey and dawson....after all the drama of s4...it was a really relaxed episode, in my opinion at least.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top