Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Total Fan

No Sugz i didn't prove your point.I've never sad that Pacey hid the school problem from Joey.I said Pacey couldn't keep the trip as an secret how is it possible Pacey could keep the school problem as an secret in the later episodes?My point is it was impossible to keep the problem as an secret.(Is my english not good enough to explain what i'm trying to say? ) The thing he tried to hid from Joey was the trip.Not the tests.

I blame her because of she didn't support him.Because in my opinion she knew the tests and didn't give her support at that time.that's why he didn't give an answer to Drue.

Quote:
Pacey needed her ALL season, so why should ONE day be any different? Why should Joey blow off HER TIME to support Pacey over one lousy test? Its not like its the SATs or the final exam!Pacey's NOT stupid, he can be smart without Joey's help. Actually, I have a question, what was so darn special about *this* test anyway. So I can understand where you coming from.[/
I'm sorry i don't know anything about the whole American school system but when he said *Yes, but, you see, I have this test today, and then I have another test tomorrow that's twice as big* I thought it's really important for him.

Quote:
The point that Future Tense sent home was that aftert Pacey confessed to Joey his problems that they did continue to work on them together, that didnt have to be shown in every episode, that point was establishedin Future Tense.
Yes it didn't have to be shown in every episode.The last time we saw them working together in 404.It wasn't even like studying but anyway.And we *never* saw again.They didn't even mention it.Nothing.Soo do we have a prove that them working together after?NO.Even if they didn't work together it didn't mean that she didn't know the issue.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghn
No Sugz i didn't prove your point.I've never sad that Pacey hid the school problem from Joey.I said Pacey couldn't keep the trip as an secret how is it possible Pacey could keep the school problem as an secret in the later episodes?My point is it was impossible to keep the problem as an secret.(Is my english not good enough to explain what i'm trying to say? ) The thing he tried to hid from Joey was the trip.Not the tests.

I do see your point. But I dont think that there was anything to keep secret, JOey knew from the beginning that school was an issue for Pacey. THe fact that there were tests coming up I can agree is a valid reason to maybe perk up a little bit and see how Pacey was handling things, but Joey was a very selifh person in season 4. That said, I dont think that it meant she shouldnt have gone on a trip with Jen. Pacey's a big boy he was capable of pulling himself through and he did, and I dont think he needed nor should he have had Joey there every step of the way so I still dont see how one day away from him was such a big deal but I do see your point.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I dont think that it meant she shouldnt have gone on a trip with Jen. Pacey's a big boy he was capable of pulling himself through and he did, and I dont think he needed nor should he have had Joey there every step of the way so I still dont see how one day away from him was such a big deal but I do see your point.
I have no doubt that Pacey can handle on his own problem without any help.But that's not the point.For example Joey blew a test in Self Reliance.It was just a test after all.It wouldn't have ruined her university dream right?But what did Pacey do?One way or another he tried to find a way to help her.Support her.Even though she didn't let him.

Maybe it was just a test for Pacey.It showed that Pacey was all alone and all by himself.I don't think even if Joey were in Capeside it would've been different.Joey would be busy with her job or whatever.Because like you said Joey was VERY selfish and couldn't treat him like he treated her.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

I think they were just two different people, I dont think that JOey would've acted differently with anyone, it wasnt just a Pacey/Joey thing. Season 4 was a season where Joey was about to reach a dream of getting out of Capeside and going to a really good college and sometimes every little test does matter. I just think that as far as being supportive and nurturing at every turn is a Pacey thing, not so much a Joey thing. It really comes down to personality type and I think it may have been amplified in this scenario because Pacey and Joey were at two ends of the educational spectrum. So I supose you could say that there were a LOT of instances where Joey could've been a lot less selfish.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:55 AM
Total Fan

Maybe it was one of the reasons why he got mad at Joey after the fishing trip.Because he didn't get the support he expected to get.He had issues but he helped and supported her anyway.He thought Joey were going to do the same thing.Just like he did.But as you said they were just two different people.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

It was fun to see Dawson have some spontaneity with the road trip. We rarely see Dawson be so impulsive.

Drue reminded me so much of Abby in that it just seemed obvious how badly he wanted to fit in with the gang. I did enjoy his scenes with Pacey because it was a different interaction and that is always fun on shows.

It was nice to see more of Jen’s past life with the girls in New York and her father was sure a jerk. It makes sense why Jen is the way she is, or at least why she was how she was.

Dawson bringing up Joey AGAIN right before he wants to have sex with Gretchen is just ridiculous and I am glad that Gretchen stopped him because it seemed obvious that he wasn’t over her.

Last edited by Alexa; 08-02-2017 at 08:59 PM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

DJ will never be over each other.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

truth lol.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:51 AM
New Fan

This is the only episode were I didn't understand Pacey. He was horrible in Promicide, but I could understand why he acted like this. He was kind of humiliated the whole day, the whole time, and when he saw Dawson and Joey dancing, he exploded. He was way out of line, but it was for me accountable.

But I never get hin in EST. Why on earth did he follow Drue? It makes never sense for me. He never likes Drue, he never falls for Drues provocations, and Drue tried a lot of things, including kissing his girlfriend.

It was a hard day for him taking this test, I give him that, he had serious trouble and he was all alone on this day. But Drue couldn't convince him to come with him all the time. And suddenly Pacey decided to follow him. He loathes Drue, he took much effort in this test, and - for me - out of nowhere Drue could convince him to go with him. What happened then is clear, and the scene with Doug is just as heartbreaking as Promicide, I think it's the first time where Doug realised that his brother needs help, it's just too late.

I did like the Jen-Storyline, but since I know was happened to her in the series finale I'm always sad when I saw her great sscenes, it seems so wasted. Jack/Grams/Jen was one of the most powerful relationships in the whole series and one of the most unusal in TV-history.
Mirabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't a fan of this episode. It was hard to see Pacey's downward spiral because he's better than that. As hard as it is to like Drue, I did feel sorry for him in this episode because it was his birthday and he turned to Pacey for company, a guy who isn't really his friend and really only hung out with him because of the small connection with Joey. I liked how Doug was with Pacey in the end, he really showed his caring side, so that was nice to see.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was glad pj had no scenes. I didn't like seeing pacey so unhappy. sorry to any pj fans, but i was over them by this ep.
Old 11-12-2021, 04:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was excited at first to see Jen and Joey paired up doing something together not related to Dawson. As far as I know this is the first time that's happened. But I was little disappointed they didn't have a longer on-screen conversation. I feel like they missed an opportunity to build a closer friendship between these two.

The Pacey scenes are heart-breaking.
postie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by postie (View Post)
I was excited at first to see Jen and Joey paired up doing something together not related to Dawson. As far as I know this is the first time that's happened. But I was little disappointed they didn't have a longer on-screen conversation. I feel like they missed an opportunity to build a closer friendship between these two.

I agree on both points.

And BTW, welcome to the DC Board. I hope to see a lot more posts from you and hear what it is you like most about DC.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 05:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I agree on both points.

And BTW, welcome to the DC Board. I hope to see a lot more posts from you and hear what it is you like most about DC.
Thanks! I'm glad this board is still active! I'm finishing the series 20 years late.. .. I watched seasons 1-3 when it was running. Now I'm binging it it all the way through and getting weirdly obsessed.. currently in season 5. (which ugghh is such a downer so far)
postie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by postie (View Post)

I agree on both points too. I wish we could have seen more time with the girls together too.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top