Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Absolute Fan

Episode Discussion # 408 - "The Usual Suspects"

It's the Senior prank of the century when Principal Peskin's (guest star comic actor Harry Shearer) boat and golden retriever end up in the school swimming pool with "Class of 2001" inscribed on the sail. Jack immediately becomes a suspect when all of Capeside High witnesses the dog make a beeline for him. Two other rather unusual suspects are also under investigation --Dawson and Pacey. As Mitch's son, Dawson has access to his father's master keys to the school. Pacey might also be responsible, having lost his "True Love," and having access to the storage facility at the yacht club. Fortunately, all three suspects have airtight alibis and another culprit surfaces.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Pace & Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Extreme Fan

I was touched by the end scene with Dawson and Pacey as when Pacey spoke I could see he missed the friendship and Dawson was right things are not that easy but when this aired I was hoping this was a scene to build on sadly it did not turn out that way. I think Pacey realized he was wrong about Doug seeing him helping the blind man. Dawson and Mr Brooks scenes Once again I enjoyed. I was glad the gang got back at Drue.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

It was a great episode of male bonding, although at the expense of Drue
I loved the Dawson and Pacey scenes especially, and the style of the episode was interesting to watch.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

I thought that this episode was a nice breath of fresh air to the rollarcoaster that was season 4. And i loved the male bonding. I also was a fan of Dawson and Pacey's friendship, and after season 2 it was never the same. I kinda wished that they continued with that storyline. But as Dawson said at the end, if it dosen't work out, they could always just kill each other. Would've made for an interesting finale.
Brighter Than Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Britney
But as Dawson said at the end, if it dosen't work out, they could always just kill each other. Would've made for an interesting finale.
Heh - and sent the shipper war into overdrive
Old 05-17-2005, 08:16 AM
Passionate Fan

I thought this episode was okay. I liked the Dawson/Pacey scene at the end. I also liked the scene in Dawson's room with Dawson, Pacey, Jack, and Joey. I thought Pacey was kind of a jerk to Doug about his job and how he said "You're nothing." I liked when Doug put Pacey in his place. I thought Jack was good with the kids' soccer team and I was sorry to see that he got fired. I liked the Jack/Jen scenes.

Last edited by dcfriends; 05-21-2005 at 08:15 PM
dcfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I thought Pacey was kind of a jerk to Doug about his job and how he said "You're nothing." I liked when Doug put Pacey in his place.
I loved the whole Pacey and Dougie thing. It was nice that Pacey finally got a *real* glimpse into what his brother does.

Quote:
I thought Jack was good with the kids' soccer team and I was sorry to see that he got fired. I liked the Jack/Jen scenes.
I felt so bad for Jackers and as always loved Jack and Jen.

I also loved the Drue and Joey scene in the hallway.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Elite Fan

Eh ... I wasn't a fan of this episode. Filler or not ... I didn't enjoy it.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Okay episode. WOuldnt really watch it again. As a PJ shipper the only thing I really adored about it was the Pacey and Joey scene outside of the precinct, so cute. And this was probably oneof the only episodes that showed Pacey and Joey in the light of just a couple, no drama.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I found this episode extremely boring! I just kept finding myself dozing off.

The whole mystery of who stole the boat or whatever was just so zzzzzzzz to me. But I did enjoy the ending scene where Dawsons explains how they did it.

I also didnt care for Jacks storyline. I wish I had more to say but I really dont.

I loved the ending Pacey/Dawson scene. They are cute. I loved when Pacey said he wasn't ready to give up on Dawson. awwww.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

I love how they set up Drue in this episode, plus the little scene of P/J kissing near the car.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can understand where you would find this episode boring. There were bits of it that were fun to watch though. I know the episode was done in the same format as some other police drama or something, but I can't recall what it was.

I did enjoy how they each set up Drue by including him in everything. Dawson giving him a ride home, Jack buying supplies with him at the hardware store and Drue getting the call to go to the Marina.

I enjoyed the Witter brothers getting to spend some time together, but TBH I didn't care for that comment Pacey made about being a little underwhelmed by what Doug did. That was uncalled for, but I do like how he turned that around in the end.

I loved that scene where the boys are getting rid of the evidence and Jack climbing through the window, it was all hilarious and Joey finding out. That whole scene was great and I liked that the final scene was Pacey and Dawson.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I liked seeing Dawson, Pacey, and Jack in scenes together. We didn't get too much of the three guys hanging out, so I enjoyed the episode. The mystery aspect was different, but I agree, it was fun.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:37 PM
New Fan

one of my all time favorite episodes. nic e change for season 4
dudehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This was an ok episode, not my favorite.