Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Absolute Fan

It was sad to see the end of the True Love. Regardless of how you felt about Pacey and Joey sailing away at the end of S3, Pacey put his whole heart into restoring that boat and making it seaworthy and to see it sink would be crushing to anyone who worked so hard on it.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Not a fan of this episode or the film that inspired it for that matter. It was so unsubtle from Dawson the hero to the demise of True Love( do you think, perhaps they were trying to tell us that the PJ relationship wasn't long for this world? lol). Even the Andie sub plot was annoying. What is it about Adults on shows like this that they always prove to be useless and ineffectual, just so the 'teens' can come to the rescue. It gave me the feeling this show wasn't just written for teenagers, it was apparently written by teenagers too. This was definately the episode that signalled the beginning of the end for me and my inexplicable obsession with this show.

Quote:
Looking back I think this episode was kind of predictable. One of the main early season 4 aim's was redeeming Dawson's character from season 3 and this episode layed it on thick. Of course it was a very courageous and worthy thing of Dawson to go after his friends in the storm, but what exactly happened after? Shouldn't the situation have taught both Pacey and Dawson how important their friendship was and shouldnt the last scene have gone SO much differently than it did. It just seems that after such an event it would be the turning point in Pacey and Dawson's falling out, I simply didnt see the point of having Dawson still turn a cold shoulder to Pacey. If there really was a friendship there at all that would've been the rebuilding of it. I think that was the point where I started to really decide that I could care less if Dawson or Pacey even spoke ever again. How much could you possible pile on to the list of "Things Dawson has to hold over Paceys head" after all? I dont see why Dawson's reaction was the way it was.
I feel the same way too. If they wanted to make me see how important this relationship was to both boys then they failed miserably and for all the reasons you're stated. I just can't see two people, who were supposed to be so important to one another going through something like that and still being more concerned with holding onto a feud as petty as the one that had developed between them. You'd think the real possibility of never seeing one another again and never getting a chance to say all those things you probably should have said would be something of an awakening and turning point. But not on this show.

Quote:
I was glad that Joey kinda stood up to Dawson in the beginning. She had been so worried about offending him or hurting him when it came to the whole triangle situation, but she was prepared to stand up for her opinion and for Pacey. She was honest with Dawson and I was glad about that.
I was glad too. She fell in love with his friend, when she was single and free to do so. I understand why Dawson was hurt, but they didn't murder his parents or torture his pet. Hell they didn't even set out to deliberately hurt him so I'm not sure why they were obligated to keep paying penance or deferring to him.
coldwater1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Extreme Fan

I think what they gave Andie was awful. They did almost nothing with her in season 3 but some lame hall monitor thing. Some of her scenes with Will were alright.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

about the thank you, well I didn't see Joey thank Pacey for saving her from the fire at the end of season 2. He risked his life to go into that building. She was more worried about her father. In season 4, she was more worried about him. It doesn't make someone a bad person that they didn't say thank you. Maybe, they just had other things on their mind

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

No I do think they gave Andie some good stuff considering her main aim on the show was to be Paceys first girlfriend in season 2. Im not talking amazing, deep storylines but for who she was she got some good stuff. Dealing with her illness through forms of cheating and lying, directing a play, going out with Wil Krudski, going from bitter to the voice of reason for Pacey at the end of season 3. Then in season 4 she got to hold her own again against the like of Ms. Valentine, Great Xpectations and You had Me At Goodbye was largely Andie. So yea, I do think Meredith had some good stuff to work with. Ironically, I think on her stint on DC she was possibly given better "stuff" than Jen.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I loved her friendship with Pacey from the end of S3 onwards. Even though she still loved him and was heartbroken when she found out about P/J, she relaized that he wasn't in love with her anymore and she could either be bitter and possibly lose him altogether or she could deal with it and move on.
Definitely agree I really liked Andie and Pacey's friendship post break-up

I like this episode. It was over the top and dramatic but I liked it. I love it when Dawson and Joey find Pacey and Joey screams "Pacey" and it all goes in slow motion...so emotional I also love the song "Never Saw Blue Like That" and PJ's scene at the end.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Well I have to disagree but I do find it interesting. The hall monitor thing was very lame and end even the Will thing was half fast. Only time I feel she had anything good in season 3 was in fact her talks with Pacey. They did almost nothing with her in season 4 before the Drug thing that led to her send off and she was amazing in it but she was in fact leaving. She deserved far better then what the writers gave her and its shame because MM was such a great talent. 'Squaring off '' with miss valentine was just a good scene but not a story line. She had some I think good scenes but not so much story lines.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
No I do think they gave Andie some good stuff considering her main aim on the show was to be Paceys first girlfriend in season 2. Im not talking amazing, deep storylines but for who she was she got some good stuff.
I agree.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Hiiiiiiiiiii everyone

Well this was one of my fave episodes... I remember when they used to preview this episode and it seemed larger than life like part of a movie or something... I that we got to see some P/Jen and D/P interaction.. and the introduction of Mr. Brooks! gotta him! I've missed all my DC fans glad to see ya!

hugssssssssssss
Marcie

Icon credit: IceQueenFollower
*Marcie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200
. 'Squaring off '' with miss valentine was just a good scene but not a story line. She had some I think good scenes but not so much story lines.
I think you have to consider who she was. Andie was nota core character, she was practically tertiary in season 4. She was not someone who was ever going to get anything more than a good scene, I dont see how you wanted amazing storylines for her, she just wasnt that kind of character and I dont think giving Andie anything more than a few good scenes was ever the intentions of the writers post season 2, not with characters like Joey, Pacey and Dawson to focus on. Thats why Im saying in regards to who she was on this show, which was essentially, not anyone all that important post season 2, she got good stuff.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Extreme Fan

But I think Andie had a ton of potential to be a core character like Jack became kind of and I think they could have given her a good story line outside of Pacey. KW even said one of his biggest disappointments was seeing how Andies character was treated.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

Sure she had potential. Any character has potential it's all about what the writers intentions are for them. I think it was obvious by this season that Andie wasnt meant to be anything more than a "here and there" character until they finally ditched her altogether.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes I agree but I think that is sad because I liked Andie.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

I think Joey was the one who really saved Pacey. Pacey didn't even want to get off tbe boat until he saw her crying out his name. Yes, Dawson helped

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

Joey definitely gave him the push to leave True Love. I never doubted that Dawson would go after them though.