Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Absolute Fan

Episode Discussion # 403 - "Two Gentlemen of Capeside"

The Official Dawson's Creek Board Rewatch Thread

"Two Gentlemen of Capeside" ~ 4x03

Synopsis: Pacey's hard work pays off and he gets an 'A' in an assignment. To celebrate, he decides to go sailing, taking Jen with him. Dawson, Joey and Drue are forced to reluctantly team up for a project, which they have to work on at the Yacht Club because Joey is working. During the evening, a huge storm hits Capeside, putting Jen and Pacey's lives in danger. Andie is also at the club, having an interview with Drue's mother for university, but her medical records cruelly prejudice Mrs. Valentine against her. When the storm gets bigger, Andie takes control of the situation and initiates the rescue of her friends. Pacey and Jen talk on the boat, with each admitting to their regrets. Jen regrets never being in love, while Pacey regrets the destruction of his friendship with Dawson. Dawson and Joey risk their own lives to rescue Pacey and Jen and in the process steal a boat from a cranky Yacht Club patron, Mr. Brooks. Pacey later gives an emotional apology to Dawson for the fact that he got hurt. Both admit that they miss the friendship and allude to a potential reunion.

We would like to invite everyone to participate in our re-watch, be it first-time
viewer or long-time fan. This is our opportunity to relive the Dawson's Creek days and to
discuss our favorite moments, things we would like to change or maybe totally new
things we never noticed before. We will watch one episode every two weeks. Due to our different time-zones we decided to not name an exact
time and date, so everyone can decide for themselves when they watch the episode.
We will update this thread every second Friday, when we start a new episode, so all discussion
can take place in here too. Have Fun!

Synopsis posted by Pace & Jo
The winds of change are blowing through Capeside as a violent storm threatens lives and forces an unlikely hero to come forward. While the Farmer's Almanac may have predicted foul weather, skies are clear and it seems like a beautiful school day. When Dawson and Joey get excited over a current reading assignment, "The Two Gentlemen of Verona," a story similar to their own, Drue suggests that the two prepare a debate about the merits of the play. However, Drue's plan backfires and he too gets stuck working on the assignment with Dawson and Joey at the Yacht Club. Unfortunately, this means Joey can not take a celebratory sail with Pacey to mark his first "A" of the school year. Instead, Jen decides to voyage out with Pacey in an effort to lift her spirits. However, their jaunt turns disastrous when a violent storm with hurricane force winds tempts the fate of the "True Love" and the safety of those aboard. Dawson Leery finds himself in the ironic position of having the best chance to rescue castaways, as only he might be able to predict what Pacey's next move will be.

Meanwhile, Andie's emotional problems come back to haunt her during a college interview with Mrs. Valentine, an alum from one of her back-up schools. But while Mrs. Valentine may doubt her abilities, there is no doubt that she's the best person to have around during a crisis situation.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 05-28-2017 at 10:18 AM
Pace & Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 03:30 PM
Extreme Fan

I liked Dawson and Pacey finally talked. Seeing Dawson walk away in the hall and tell Joey he and Pacey would not be friends again showed Dawson was still hurt although Pacey was not rushing to see him but I have to admit I felt Pacey's emotion when he tells Jen he regrets the way things are between he and Dawson. I loved Dawson rescued Pacey and Jen and liked how Pacey knew he would come. I liked Joey saying she can't worry about the both of them. I loved when Dawson told Pacey people care more about him then they do about the boat. My heart felt for Dawson seeing Joey and Pacey embrace but I liked what Mitch told him and what Joey told Pacey about he and Dawson. I really enjoyed the Dawson/Pacey talk at the end because this was a scene that really needed to happen. I have to give JJ credit because the emotion Pacey shows really sold me on this scene telling Dawson he was sorry about what happened and ruining the friendship they had. I was glad Dawson said ''Until Then'' giving me hope they would one day not be so estranged.

My heart just broke for Jen seeing her say she regrets she has never been in love and may die without knowing what love is. Very sad. I have to say at first I was not that fond of Mr Brooks although that changed as the season went on. I love how Andie took charge during the storm. I found it fascinating Dru knew Jen from NY and I liked how Dru picked up on the vibe with D/J his Starwars Analogyªmade me laugh. I hate to say this and sound mean but I am so glad that damn boat got shipped wrecked off to Gilligan's Island.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200
I hate to say this and sound mean but I am so glad that damn boat got shipped wrecked off to Gilligan's Island.
Same here, Coolcat, same here...

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
his Starwars Analogyªmade me laugh.
I loved Drue from that moment. Hee. Because D/J always seemed like brother and sister.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The only thing I like about this eppy is at the end of the show, Pacey going to Dawson's house and they both talked.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

I liked this eppy. It was very dramatic. I like drama, hehe!

I loved watching Andie tell off Drue's mom. Yessss!

It was heartbreaking to watch Joey worry so much. And to see Pacey & Jen getting tossed around like that. Eeeek!!

I was also happy that the boys got over themselves, and talked. I thought for sure Dawson was going to flip when Pacey came to his house, but was pleasantly surprised.

It was one of very few eppys that Dawson didn't annoy the hell out of me. YAY! lol
Sheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheartin
I loved watching Andie tell off Drue's mom. Yessss!
She was so fired up go Andie
Old 04-11-2005, 05:14 AM
Elite Fan

one of my favorite episodes. I love that Joey told Pacey that him and Dawson would "always" be a part of each other whether they hang out or not

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Passionate Fan

I like this episode. I love when Joey tells Pacey that she's never been that scared for someone before and in the future, to remember that he's thinking for two. I love when they hugged. I also love the backround music in that scene. I like the Jen/Grams scene where Grams said that she couldn't find her faith and Jen said "That's because you lent it to me." Aww. I also like the Dawson/Pacey scene at the end. I love the song "Never saw blue like that before." I also like when earlier in the episode Jack said to Andie "Why are you asking me hair questions?" lol.
dcfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

Dawson and Pacey would have to talk sooner or later and I was glad because they were civil to each other at the end of the episode. Even with them not being friends again, you could say they cared about each other and like Joey said, they were part of each other's lives.
I liked the way their connection was mentioned in this episode, with Dawson knowing where Pacey and Jen were and with Pacey knowing Dawson would remember that place. I love when Dawson said to Pacey "I'm not leaving you".
And I loved Grams' line to Mr. Brooks about the boat... "I will personally… kick your shriveled old butt".

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:48 AM
New Fan

Despite being a poor knock-off of “The Perfect Storm,” this episode brilliantly showcased the depth and substance of Pacey and Joey’s relationship. That’s something the Daisy Chainers always lacked. As Season Four progressed, the Dawson/Joey merry-go-round grew ad nauseam (blah!), so this was one of the few episodes I could appreciate. The chemistry between Josh and Katie lit up the screen. It’s something the Forehead could never match, which became apparent as the seasons progressed.

The one part I didn’t like about this episode is that it set up the season-long theme of Dawson being a “golden god.” Please. Spare me! I know the writers had a difficult time coming up with story lines to keep the audience interested in this character, but making him out to be the hero was pathetic. We were spoon fed that ridiculous nonsense during the course of the show. When you have a lead character who is selfish, manipulative, unattractive, bland and lacking any charisma whatsoever, it’s difficult to buy into that garbage. Dawson’s attitude in the final scene laid it out on the line. Pacey extended the olive branch and apologized, only to get the cold shoulder and left to walk away. What a surprise!

Overall, this was a decent episode. The Dawson dreck turned my stomach, but that pretty much applied to the entire season. If it wasn't for Pacey and Joey, I would have tuned out mainly due to the horrific sight of that greasy, balding hairline and freakishly large forehead.
juliahex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Are you the same Juila that used to post here? Man that was a pretty harsh post on Dawson. You must really hate him to go that far.

Last edited by COOLCAT200; 04-11-2005 at 11:24 AM
COOLCAT200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

......... now THAT was funny! HAHAHA! I feel bad for laughing, but that was amusing. Julia, you have such a way with words

Quote:
And I loved Grams' line to Mr. Brooks about the boat... "I will personally… kick your shriveled old butt".
hahaha that part was awesome! and then they were dating a month later! hee
Sheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

I loved this episode simply because Pace and Jen were interacting. I always loved these two when they were together. I always thought that Josh Jackson and Michelle Williams had excellent chemistry and wished that their romantic pairing would have had more of a shot in Season Three (or should I say 'develop into a romantic pairing' since their paring wasn't all that romantic ). Oh well. At least they got to interact in this episode, which, when you look at the grand spectrum of the show, they didn't get a lot of. The triangle was exhaustive per usual and at this point in the show, I wasn't worried about who would end up with who, I was just hoping it would end (which it really never did until the end). I really liked Dawson in this episode, and Pacey fans against Dawson remember: if he hadn't gone out there, there is a chance Pacey(along with Jen-and I would've been angry) could have met the same bitter end as the "True Love". I liked Dawson/Pacey's truce at the end and I liked that they teamed up together in the next episode.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
and Pacey fans against Dawson remember: if he hadn't gone out there, there is a chance Pacey(along with Jen-and I would've been angry) could have met the same bitter end as the "True Love".
One moment of Dawson playing the hero does not add up to all of the selfish acts he exemplified throughout the series.

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
TrueLovePJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread