Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2004, 11:36 PM
Elite Fan

Joey's feelings for Pacey did not come out of nowhere. It all starts with these little moments In Escape to Witch Island, he bumps her and then she bumps him back and you can see them having fun. Notice the way Joey is blushing when Andie brought up Pacey's name in 308 and she said he has his moments. She totally overreacted to Pacey and Jen. She insulted Jen. There was no reason to do that. Notice how Dawson says that sometimes you want to hold someone's hand. What does Joey do at the end? She went to grab Pacey's hand. In Northern Lights, she was kissing AJ and then realized she had to be somewhere else. Who is the first person she goes to see? Pacey. She even said she was going to try to come. She didn't promise she would be there. 314, Andie says Joey sounds like her before she started dating Pacey. Everything Pacey says bothers her in the jail cell. She says you've never been so mean to me before and he says it's never bothered you. Then, when he comes to see her, she says you need to read between the banter. She has this her face. In the next episode, she was so bothered when she thought he was only hanging out with her because of Dawson. Then, she is all worried about him getting suspended, so she goes to see him. She says I guess I thought something else. In 316, Pacey's on her mind. She wonders where he is an and asks Jen. In 322, Pacey says why does this feel right and Joey says it was the dance lessons

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaycee
Loved this ep.

I thought it was so obvious that Joey's over the top reaction to Pacey and Jen's kissing was latent jealousy or rather that she had deeper feelings for Pacey that even she wasn't yet aware of. At the time some D/Jers tried insist it was concern for her friends, but if it was just concern she wouldn't have blown her top so badly nor insulted Jen and tried to blame her.

Did the P/J interaction really seem false to you Jerry? Do you feel the same watching it this time round?

Because as far as I could tell that bantering was just a continuation of the new form of bantering started at the beginning of the year when they became friends. Not forced or false to me at all. Quite natural, I felt. I really enjoyed it.
Hey Jaycee! Like I said in my disclaimer, I'm just re-posting what I posted back then, which probably isn't a good idea, because a lot of what I wrote is very dated now. Looking back, no, the Pacey and Joey interaction didn't seem false at all, and in fact, in hindsight, this was a watershed episode that showed that Pacey and Joey had deeper feelings for each other then either of them realized at the time.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Because as far as I could tell that bantering was just a continuation of the new form of bantering started at the beginning of the year when they became friends. Not forced or false to me at all. Quite natural, I felt. I really enjoyed it.
Jaycee I completely agree with you. On this exact episode I became a P/Jer, because all the banter between this to characters, and you can tell that they have chemistry. The whole dancing and the talk that they shared in the end, made me think that these two were staring to have feeling for each other.

This is by far one of my favorite episodes of season 3. I enjoy also the interaction of Pacey and Jen, and thought the storyline they gave them was kinda nice and a little odd

The one I think was a little out of place was Jack and Andie, because they were not on the main storie. I wished he had met with that cute guy Ben Street

The music also was a huge factor of that episode; Stay You by Wood feets perfectly in the final scene.

On the downside, after this episode, the upcoming episodes are a little boring and Paceyless.

Icon by sourburst
Corrsfanre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Total Fan

coldwater you have surely a point. It's not unreasonable to see jealousy in her reaction I guess I just don't see it in this occasion. This is my opinion though. Someone said that didnt see any romantic feelings from Joey part towards Dawson in the episode of Witch island and I disagreed so...
Anyway I didnt want to say that the P/J romance did came out of blue. It's been build up from the very 1st episode of the 3d season I would be stupid to say such a thing. I'm saying that Pacey's signs of his falling for Joey came up earlier than Joey's feelings for Pacey. I actually think that she began to reciprocate(subconsciously) only after Northern lights. After Cinderella story obviously everything became more visible. That's what I was saying.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi Jerry!

I know that was an old post of yours. Was just wondering what hindsight had given you on it. Thanks. What a difference, eh?

Coldwater and Sugz have very good points.

Lor-baby if you didn't see Joey's reaction to P/Jen as jealousy what do you exactly put it down to? And how do you factor in Joey going straight for Jen's jugular by blaming and insulting her? Why was it such an over reaction considering that Pacey isn't her boyfriend at the time, had never been her boyfriend, that they were only friends? Would concern only get Joey acting so angrily?
Her reaction to P/Jen was so over the top in correlation to the actual situation. You'd have thought it was Dawson she had caght Jen kissing!
A typical Joey reaction should have been a disapproving look, maybe even an eyeroll and a sarcastic comment and then afterwards she may have commented on it and her concern to Pacey and Jen on an individual basis.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I think all you have to do to see that Joey was reacting with jealousy when finding out about Pacey/Jen is to compare Dawson's reaction versus Joey's.

Dawson had a very calm reaction. He thought it was sort of funny and slightly even sad, because he viewed them as two lonely people wanting some comfort. It was very obvious that Dawson was emotionally detached from the situation. No jealousy whatsoever.

Joey, on the other hand, was reacting way over the top. She had her emotions all over the place as anyone with a jealous reaction would be demonstrating. And her emotions were very much displayed as a result of being attached to the situation.

It was very clear to me that Joey was acting with big time jealousy. She may not have even realized it at the time, and thus, her over the top and confusing response to the situation at hand. But, it was certainly jealousy that she was feeling. At least that's how I see it.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Ultimately, each of these friends comes to learn that true passion can't be forced
This line from the synopsis kind of sums up the entire series doesn't it?
Old 12-18-2004, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It was very clear to me that Joey was acting with big time jealousy. She may not have even realized it at the time, and thus, her over the top and confusing response to the situation at hand. But, it was certainly jealousy that she was feeling. At least that's how I see it.
I agree with you Wilpen.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This was a good P/J ep.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved Pacey in this episode.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:26 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I loved Joey's jealousy and Jen realizing what was going on between Pacey and Joey. It was so obvious what was coming and she was the only one that was woke about it lol.
Butterfly85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Jen knew right away even before Pacey and Joey themselves.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jen was very intuitive, but then it is pretty hard to ignore the attraction between them, it was so obvious.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked how supportive Jen came to be of them.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread