Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2004, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

Episode Discussion #304 "Home Movies"

Dawson gets his first break to film a news story about Jack becoming a gay high school football player, but Mitch, who as the new football coach prepares for homecoming game, has strong objections. Determined, Dawson makes the film despite the fact that it could cost Capeside its first football victory and Mitch his career. Meanwhile, mischievous Pacey persuades Joey to cut class, but Principal Green catches them. Their punishment is to show school spirit by being the mascot, the Capeside Mule, at the homecoming game. Andie grapples with her guilty conscience over cheating on the PSATs, especially when Principal Green wants to see her about a confidential matter. And, Jen quits cheerleading after finding out that her squad auctioned a kiss from her at homecoming for $500. However, another surprise awaits her at the Capeside homecoming game.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Extreme Fan

They were some good parts in this episode. I loved seeing Dawson and Joey as little kids how adorable and I love it bookends the episode. Man Henry really liked Jen early on that's for sure. The best part of this Ep? NO EVE! Andie was really upset about stealing the PSAT thing at least she was sorry about it. This was better then the first 3 eps of the season.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the PJ scenes in this eppy. Henry crushin on Jen cracked me up too! LOL.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

I liked this episode.

I thought the home movie of Dawson and Joey was cute and was perfectly in line with what I thought they'd do, bring Dawson and Joey back to that friendship they had early on. Not so.

The P/J interaction is some of my favorite ever, they viciously banter but truly care about each other underneath it all. Their little journey was fun to watch, I thought. But the last scene was my favorite, when we find out it was all about getting Paceys boat nameplate. Kind of schmaltzy, in the words of Joey, but sweet. I remember wondering why Pacey asked Joey to go with him, of all people. Perhaps it was just going along with his "Joey Outreach" program as per Dawsons request, maybe it was something else.

Henry was funny, such a goofball but the whole Jack storyline annoyed me for some reason. It seemed misplaced, I think Jack's storylines couldve been so much better.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Master Fan

I liked this episode as well.

Love the opening scene when Pacey asks Joey to cut class with him and then when they go to the boatyard where True Love is. That's where it starts..."Permission to come aboard?", "Permission granted."

And Jen...finally leaving the "junta". That scene in the hallway was priceless.

And lets not forget poor misguided Andie. Bumping into the ETA guy in the hallway and feeling the guilt from taking the PSAT.

Finally...Dawson and Joey. I was glad to see that Dawson went to Joey to ask her opinion on whether or not to finish the story on Jack. On the road to repair of their friendship. But...taking little baby steps.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
FinallyPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 06:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Love the opening scene when Pacey asks Joey to cut class with him and then when they go to the boatyard where True Love is. That's where it starts..."Permission to come aboard?", "Permission granted."
That is such a cute scene, Finally!

Quote:
Finally...Dawson and Joey. I was glad to see that Dawson went to Joey to ask her opinion on whether or not to finish the story on Jack. On the road to repair of their friendship. But...taking little baby steps.
Yeah, that was nice to see.

Quote:
I thought the home movie of Dawson and Joey was cute and was perfectly in line with what I thought they'd do, bring Dawson and Joey back to that friendship they had early on. Not so.
I wish the writers would have done that.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the video scene where Joey watches the old tape of the young years
Old 11-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Loyal Fan

This was a cute episode, the scene in the halls with PJ is cute and funny esp when Pacey says "Ha, Go Team!!!" I also love the boat scene with them DJ movies are also cute, at the end when Joey is watching them she looks so pretty
Old 11-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

this episode rocks. love all the scenes. I love when Pacey says go team go too. I love Jack and Jen scenes, Joey and Pacey in the hall when Joey says skip class with you, sounds selectable and when he gives her ten seconds and he says only six. I like Dawson and Mitch. I like the Dawson and Joey scene when he gives her the tape. I like when Joey sees the boat at the end and says it's sweet

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The PJ stuff was priceless. I also liked the tape Dawson gave Joey. I really wish they would have continued the development of the DJ friendship as this episode seemed like a great starting point to do so, but for whatever reason, they kept them estranged pretty much for the rest of the season and that was very disappointing to see.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked this episode, i thought it had good moments I loved how dawson and joey gave the tape of them when they were kids. I only wish they would of bought some of that back.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Love this ep, especially for all the P/J scenes! Pacey creeping up behind the stand up behind Joey in the hallway, asking her to cut classes to go on the errand with him, the trying to hitch a ride and Principal Green catching them and especially the scene where Pacey begs Joey to let him be the front of the mule and he falls to his knees grabbing her hips/legs. Too funny. And of course, the unveiling of the boat plaque and Joey being given permission to come aboard.

Is this the ep where Henry charges at Jen chanting 'fug'? And scares Jen? No? 'Cos that was hilarious, too.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I think it is this episode. I don't really like that bit though, i find it slightly odd
Old 11-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Passionate Fan

I like this episode. I like the Pacey/Joey scenes. I like the teaser with Pacey and Dawson. I like the last scene when Joey is watching the video of her and Dawson. I thought Katie did a very good job there. At first she looks happy, but then she starts to look sad. I also like the song that plays during that scene. I love Jack's expression when Andie asked him who won the game

Quote:
Is this the ep where Henry charges at Jen chanting 'fug'? And scares Jen? No? 'Cos that was hilarious, too.
That was in None of the Above. I thought it was funny too, though I agree with Faye that it was slightly odd
dcfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

dcfriends, I also liked that Andie and Jack scene because it was so realistic because I would probably have no idea what was going on either

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread