Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Episode Discussion 303 "None of the Above"

Not one to give up easily, Eve continues to work on making Dawson into a real man. When she fails to consummate her role as temptress on that front, Eve continues to live up to her name by presenting Dawson with something she knows will provide an irresistible temptation to him and all his junior year friends. As Principal Green whips them all into test prep mode for the PSAT, Eve delivers into Dawson's hands the ultimate weapon - a completed copy of the current year's PSAT test. No sooner has Dawson shared this mind boggling news with Pacey, Joey, Jen, Jack and Andie, the test mysteriously vanishes when all the kids are suddenly called outside for a fire drill. No one admits to taking it, and Dawson is consumed by the need to find out which of his friends could have suffered such a grievous moral lapse. Eve relishes the turmoil she has thrown the group into, and plants the seed of suspicion against the always-vulnerable Pacey, who is still very much reeling from his breakup with Andie. Caught in a terrible test of friendship and faith, Dawson and Pacey may now lose each other as well as their loves.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

Another episode catapulted by Eve, I thought this was a telling episode for Dawson, really. Like Joey said, it was really odd of him to even take the PSAT from Eve let alone consider it and deliver it to his friends. Eve played every single aspect of Dawsons personality and exploited it for everything it was worth, she just sent the boy into a complete tizzy whenever she was around, it was like she was evil and Dawson had no control over it.

Andie and Pacey were bittersweet in this episode . Andie pretended she was fine and over Pacey and going full steam ahead in her life without him and you could see how sad that made Pacey when they bumped into each other. And as always Pacey handles things the not so smart but typical way by getting drunk and simmering in his own self pity, which I suppose everyone is entitled to for at least a day after being cheated on but Dawsons accusations of him really made things worse. I felt so bad when Dawsons insecurities got the best of him and again, he took them out on Pacey. I cant see how that can be justified, sure Eve was the one who put the idea in his mind but Dawson knows Pacey better than Eve and he shouldve known better.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Extreme Fan

I did not like this episode. Eve being sexy was just not enough for me to like this ''Story Line'' I hated she stole the PSAT thing and gave it to Dawson. Poor Pacey was still down and out about the Andie thing getting drunk and all and it made me sad when he watchs the Picture of them go down in the water. I know Dawson wanted to do the right thing as far as the PSAT thing goes and went to his friends but it was really a no win thing. I did not like how Dawson just accused Pacey of taking it leading to them getting in a shouting match and punches thrown. But I was glad in the end Dawson got rid of Eve (Sadly not for good) and I liked in the end when Dawson say's ''What Took You So Long?'' It is kind of ironic that Dawson say's ''If Were gonna beat the crap out of each other it should at least be over a chick'' and look what happens later on in the season. I have to admit when it first aired I was a little shocked Andie stole it.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Eve played Dawson like a fine tuned guitar in this episode. Dawson was under the Eve "spell" that's for sure. I thought it sucked whenever Dawson accused Pacey of taking the test. And I won't even give him the excuse that he was too warped into Eve. Being entranced by Eve or not, he never should have accused Pacey of taking it. I liked how Joey stuck up for Pacey whenever Dawson accused him.

P/A was so sad. Pacey was visibly heartbroken and I hated to see him so upset. Although, I was laughing my a$$ off at how Josh displayed drunk Pacey whenever he goes to visit Joey at work. How the pictures fell into the water and stuff.. I was sad for Pacey but I laughed like crazy with how perfectly Josh played that part. Too good..

Loved the PJ interaction.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

Dawson really did let Eve play him. I was so mad at him for accusing Pacey of taking the test. I f he had really thought about it... it made no sense at all.

Even though I was glad Pacey and Andie broke up I felt so bad for him. Josh played the drunk scene so perfectly. And of course I loved the P/J scenes!
Old 10-31-2004, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Most of the Eve's eppys I hate I didn't like her that much
Old 10-31-2004, 04:46 AM
Elite Fan

this episode has some great lines. Drunk Pacey is so funny. "Mr Dock. I loved the Jack and Jen scenes. Pacey looks so sad when Andie gives him back the pictures. I liked Pacey snarking on Andie when he said you're so good at cheating Andie. Eve is a bitch in this, but there are so many good scenes, that I don't care. Even Dawson tells her he wants nothing to do with her. I loved the PJ scenes and that Joey took Pacey's side over Dawson's. I loved the Dawson and Pacey fight and that they both apologized at the end. Loved seeing the gang hang out in a group, even if it was over a test sheet

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

I was so happy that Joey took Pacey's side over Dawson's.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Joey knew Dawson was off his rocker for accusing Pacey like that. I was very glad she stuck up for Pacey because he didn't deserve to be falsely accused like that, and to even make matters worse, he not only is being accused by his so called best friend of something he certainly didn't do, but he is also visibly upset over his break up with Andie and Dawson also knew that. Dawson hit Pacey below the belt and it was extremely inappropriate and uncalled for.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Jackers was the only one that new Andie took it right?
Old 10-31-2004, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah, Andie tells Jack shortly before she confesses to P. Green.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilpen
Joey knew Dawson was off his rocker for accusing Pacey like that. I was very glad she stuck up for Pacey because he didn't deserve to be falsely accused like that, and to even make matters worse, he not only is being accused by his so called best friend of something he certainly didn't do, but he is also visibly upset over his break up with Andie and Dawson also knew that. Dawson hit Pacey below the belt and it was extremely inappropriate and uncalled for.

I agree, not that i am taking stabs at dawson, But he was so far with eve, that he couldnt even consider not to accuse pacey, i mean he immidately let eve manipuate him to think it was pacey but it wasnt.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Extreme Fan

I do personally think though when Dawson was sitting and reflecting on things before he gets rid of Eve I think he realized that he was wrong and being stupid.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't enjoy the episode, and I thought Dawson was so out of character when he believes what Eve tells him, about the test, and actually thinks it was Pacey

And Andie looked like this bad villain in the story

Icon by sourburst
Corrsfanre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Hello folks,

Some of you might know me from the Felicity board. But, I wanted to join in the discussion. I just can't take eve seriously because she's the girl from sweet valley high. Plus it seemed so strange and self-destructive for Dawson to spend so much time with her. This whole season is rather annoying if I may say so.
ds44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread