Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2004, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Episode Discussion 203 "Alternative Lifestyles"

Ive decided to change the new episode discussion threads every Tuesday because...well...it just coincides with my schedule better

Plus it doesnt really matter since you guys can comment whenever you want.

When Jen and Dawson get paired up in an Econ class as a pretend couple who must come up with a "family budget," Abby convinces Jen to seize this opportunity to seduce Dawson, while Pacey's pairing with Andie brings them closer and reveals the truth about Andie's family. Meanwhile, Mitch rides Dawson about the new sexual nature of his relationship with Joey, and announces to Gayle that he has decided that an open marriage would be the best thing. And, Joey begins to see a whole new world of possibility and empowerment when she does research for her Econ project with an unmarried businesswoman.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Extreme Fan

I liked this episode with the D/J stuff but I got to give Dawson some credit, being 15 and able to resist Jen like that wow she looked so hot in that scene in his bed room. He really loved Joey a lot. I liked how Pacey came through on the project and I liked his scenes with Andie and how Jack explained things about the family. Abby Morgan just cracked me up. The ending was kind of a surprise when Tamara was in the car.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I HATED how Jen was portrayed in this episode. I cringe while watching her force herself on Dawson the entire time. It sucked because I feel like Jen acted way out of character in this episode. There is no way that I would ever imagine Jen as so weak and needy in this episode. And blind.. I mean, I could see her try to rekindle something with Dawson maybe ONCE.. Just once, try and show Dawson that she still has feelings for him. But, once Dawson rejected the idea once, there is no way in hell the Jen we knew for the entire series would be naive and go ahead and continue the advances toward Dawson as the rejections kept coming! Ah, I just plainly hated to see one of my favorite characters look so pathetic when I thought it was out of character for Jen to act that way in the first place.

Loved the Pacey and Andie stuff. Great as usual.

Bored out of my freaking mind to watch Mitch and Gale. Honestly, their relationship got so old and tiring VERY early for me.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I HATED how Jen was portrayed in this episode. I cringe while watching her force herself on Dawson the entire time. It sucked because I feel like Jen acted way out of character in this episode. There is no way that I would ever imagine Jen as so weak and needy in this episode. And blind.. I mean, I could see her try to rekindle something with Dawson maybe ONCE.. Just once, try and show Dawson that she still has feelings for him. But, once Dawson rejected the idea once, there is no way in hell the Jen we knew for the entire series would be naive and go ahead and continue the advances toward Dawson as the rejections kept coming! Ah, I just plainly hated to see one of my favorite characters look so pathetic when I thought it was out of character for Jen to act that way in the first place.
Me too.
coldwater1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

yeah, i wasn't a big jen fan back in that season, but i too cringed during those scenes. it was frustrating and don't think it rang true according to what we know about jen. but i guess you could see that look on her face when she walked out of his room. she looked as if she was asking herself " what the heck am i doing, i am an idiot" . she probably started feeling desparate as if she was losing everything she had known since moving to the creek.

the d/j scenes are of course my fave
chattanooga girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

I didnt like Jen in this episode, because too me, it was like she was desperate to get dawson back, when she didnt even want him, when she broke up with him, so i was thinking what the heck is going through her mind.
Marissa: Thank You
behrlover18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top