Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2006, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Discussion #103 - "Discovery"

Episode #103 - "Discovery"

Dawson is surprised to find scandalous footage of Ms. Jacobs and an unidentified man making love outdoors, after he accidentally leaves his camera on location, and running, overnight. Panicked, Pacey reveals to Dawson that the tryst is between he and Ms. Jacobs.
Meanwhile, on the eve of Dawson's parents' 20th anniversary, Dawson discovers that his mother has been having an affair with her co-anchor and Joey has known about it.
Hurt and confused, Dawson wants desperately to tell his father.
To further confuse matters, Jen reveals that she had been leading life in the fast lane in New York, which is why her parents sent her away.
Completely put off, Dawson doesn't know how to respond to the fact that Jen is not a virgin.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Hmm... I loved the Pacey and Dawson talk about the tape -- it was actually sweet, and Pacey looked so vulnerable.

I felt Dawson overreacted to Joey and I felt bad for her because she was only trying to be a good friend. I also didn't like his reaction to what Jen had to say... it was pretty harsh.

Adored the PJ banter and how she said he had "brown hair and throbbing neck muscles"...
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Loved how when Dawson found out about his parents he immediately went to Joey and not Jen and then Jen's line about Joey 'being an expert in the field of Dawson Leery.'
Old 10-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was glad that Dawson finally found out about his Mother then going to Joey to talk about it but blaming Joey for not telling him, that was wrong

I didn't even think Pacey had throbbing neck muscles
Old 10-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

It wasn't right but I can totally understand the hurt that made him do it.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

I started to have a few problems with the character of Dawson starting with this episode. The stuff he said to Jen really made me pause. I couldn't believe he was being so harsh to someone he supposedly liked. I know he was young, but Dawson had been painted as a fairly nice guy up to this point. I think this episode was the start of a few disparaging comments he made towards Jen about her past.
Slyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:35 AM
Elite Fan

I loved how Dawson went to Joey first and I can understand why he got mad with Joey about not telling him the truth. They were friends, so he always counted on her for that.

I think Dawson was insecure about Jen's experience and felt intimidated. Plus, he had this idealized image of her that never really corresponded to the truth.

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

True Cris - and then his mum came crashing back down to reality too, so Joey being the closest to him, copped it the most.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I started to have a few problems with the character of Dawson starting with this episode. The stuff he said to Jen really made me pause. I couldn't believe he was being so harsh to someone he supposedly liked. I know he was young, but Dawson had been painted as a fairly nice guy up to this point. I think this episode was the start of a few disparaging comments he made towards Jen about her past.
Same here. He apologized in like season three, but still, I felt so bad for her. He was all nuts about her before. I know he was intimidated, but he should have told her that. But he did end up chasing her for the rest of the season.

Quote:
I loved how Dawson went to Joey first and I can understand why he got mad with Joey about not telling him the truth. They were friends, so he always counted on her for that.
Yeah, but his reaction was too much for me. I don't like when people threaten to end friendships like that.

Quote:
I didn't even think Pacey had throbbing neck muscles
Apparently Joey did.

"I remember everything"
--daisy-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread