Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2003, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

DVD Thread Part 8: New Thread , New Year

This thread never turns out to be about the DVD so if you find yourself in a muck of DJ/PJ debate just come back to the first page, the DVD info will be updated if anything new rolls around.

Quote:
The Latest!

The series finale DVD as been released and is on sale now. Order here.

Mandy's directions on how to access a little "easter egg" on the DVD, follow these steps:
1. Go to your "Special Features" menu.
2. Underline "Main Menu".
3. Press the "up" button on your remote twice.
4. Press the "left" button on your remote twice.
5. Press the "enter" button on your remote once.
6. Press the "right" button on your remote twice.
7. The letter in Dawson's hand should be yellow. Hit enter

The season 1 DVD has been released and is on sale now. Order Here.

The season 2 DVD has been released and is on sale now. To order click here.

Other DVDs

1/12/04- Season 3 is in the works as of tihs month. It will include the interactive tour of Capeside that was originally to appear on the season 2 DVD.

1/20/04- James and Josh have declined to do actor commentary, Kerr Smiths commentary is being sought.

3/2/04- Expect the season 3 DVD to be released in July 2004

3/14/04 - www.tvshowsondvd.com reports
Quote:
We started receiving emails about Dawson's Creek: Season 3 about a week after Season 2 came out, and up until now we didn't have a date. You can expect season 3 to be hitting store shelves on August 24th. Specs and supplements aren't available yet, but we're told that the set will most likely be configured the same as season 2; 22 episodes on 4 discs. We're still holding out hope that Columbia TriStar will expand the set to 5 discs, since cramming 6 episodes on a disc for season 2 resulted in horrible compression problems and poor video quality.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] 4/8/04- Kerr Smith will be doing the season 3 commentary

Other DVD's

1/12/04- A season 4 release is highly probable as per Paul Stupin.
3/2/04- The season 4 DVD will be released in late 2004

[ 04-08-2004: Message edited Sugz ]
Old 12-26-2003, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by trinabeans on THread 7:
hey... I have a question. I remember seeing an ad on the top of the DC boards about the complete 6 seasons on DVD... does anyone know what site this was? I can't seem to find it now! Thanks

Kat

This deal was found out to be a scam, if you see it elsewhere your best bet is to ignore it. If COlumbia TriStar doesnt release the DVD's they're not legitimate.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugz:
<STRONG>If COlumbia TriStar doesnt release the DVD's they're not legitimate.</STRONG>
But they might be better quality. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2003, 01:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Though the season 2 dvd Picture could be better the Series Finale DVD picture is beautiful I think.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

I got my Season 2 DVD for Christmas yesterday, and started watching some of the episodes last night and today. I found the quality to be better than Season 1, but not as good as the finale. But its totally watchable..and only gets a bit "fuzzy" in spots.(for example, in "The Kiss", it got a bit fuzzy in the scene between Christy and Pacey near the fountain("Heart Stripe") for some reason)...but the rest of the episode wasnt that bad. I also was appreciative that at least in "The Kiss", it seems that none of the original music was replaced. I've only watched "the Kiss" and "Parental Discretion Advised"(with commentaries), so I havent really heard the other song replacements. I know "KIss the Rain" is going to be a big disappointment, along with some of the original songs in "The Dance"(My fav. Season 2 episode). But I think he did leave in "Show Me The Way", which is one of my favorite songs in Season 2 (Played at the end of "That is the Question", when Joey shows up at Dawson's bedroom and cries in his arms when she finds out Jack is gay)..so I am thankful for that at least.

I've also been enjoying the commentary by Paul Stupin. I love the "little tidbits" he gives about the actors/filming in Wilmington and the whole production process. I wish they had that commentary for every episode. I really like how "honest" Paul Stupin was about how, at times, he feels he could have done a better job with certain scenes or storylines.
I also loved how heart-felt he was about the actors on the show and how much respect he has for them...you can really tell how much he adores Katie, Michelle, James, Kerr and Josh...and knows how special the ensemble was.
I also hope that some of the actors do some commentary in upcoming DVD seasons. I'd love to hear Katie/James/Josh giving insight on "behind the scenes" stuff that went on during certain episodes.

Overall, I am happy with Season 2 on DVD so far. I can't wait for Season 3!!
Old 12-27-2003, 01:30 AM
Absolute Fan

I am in the midst of watching 'The Dance' on my Season 2 DVDs and cannot stop saying...WTF! I am actually quite bitter about them changing so much of the music thus far. I mean honestly, did they not get to keep ANY rights to the songs? It really angers me seeing as I am a huge lover of the music from this show. Billy Myers , Sprung Monkey, Tal Bachman, Eagle Eye Cherry, all these great artists that made me love the scenes they were played in, got cut. I am not looking forward to finding out what other great songs/artists are gone in the rest of the episodes. Plus, the music that replaces it is no good for me. Sorry. I mean the original songs are what make me remember the show when I hear them on my CDs. I shudder to think of what songs they'll replace on the Season 3 DVDs. If they replace any P/J songs they will have seriously ruined it for me.

That is my DVD review. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Pissed off cause of the music changes! I will return with more rant on this issue later I'm sure. Hope I am not alone in this frustration.

-Ang
Old 12-27-2003, 05:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugz:
<STRONG>

This deal was found out to be a scam, if you see it elsewhere your best bet is to ignore it. If COlumbia TriStar doesnt release the DVD's they're not legitimate.</STRONG>

Oooh.. thanks so much for telling me. Guess I'll have to sit here and hope that TriStar release my beloved Season 3 soon.
Old 12-27-2003, 06:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Well I don't blame you my only problem with the season 2 DVD set are the song changes. I can live with the picture and lack of extras but the song changes ruin it for me. The Kiss the Rain scene is just not the same without that song.I am so glad season 1 did not suffer song changes like this.

[ 12-27-2003: Message edited COOLCAT200 ]
Old 12-27-2003, 10:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

I've now watched my entire Disc One(eppys 1-5) from Season 2, and I must admit, that the song changes do not really bother me. Even "Kiss the Rain", which I thought would irk me, I barely even noticed...maybe because if you think about it, it really isnt that long of a scene and the song didnt play for a long time anyway.

I actually was happily surprised because I thought for sure the "Hands" song in FUll Moon Rising would have been cut...but it was kept in. I think that sequence is one of the best in Season 2.

Now, I havent watched "The Dance" yet, which is my fav. episode from Season 2...so there is still time for me to get ticked off..LOL. Especially considering that I LOVE that Jessica Simpson song that is playing during Andie and Pacey's dance...but so far, the music changes havent really bothered me.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by COOLCAT200:
<STRONG>To the 10th power? I saw Joey crying her eyes out in the season 3 premier what does Joey crying prove anyway? Joey and Dawson lasted 1 day in season 6 but were they really even a ''Couple''. It's not like P/J lasted very long in season 6 and maybe to you and the rest of the P/JERS saw no bond but I did. If you are going by P/J lasted most of season 4 and D/J Lasted I don't know how many months I think that's kind of weird I dont know 4 sure and you may disagree and that's fine but I have a feeling Pacey would of done the same thing as Dawson as far as her dad goes if it were me and I had done nothing and Joey got hurt cause of it I would not be able to forgive myself knowing I could of done something about it. I respect everyone's opinion and I find yours very interesting. </STRONG>
Did you not read Joske's post? Did you not read my response properly? Joske said that P/J were not in love. That they had only a physical relationship. I said if Joey wasn't in love with Pacey, if there were no real depth of feeling between them, then why did Joey cry her heart out when they broke up, telling Pacey that he'd broken her heart into a million pieces? Doesn't logic therefore tell you that Joey's heart was involved in that relationship? That there was love? That was the thrust of my point. And it's not so much I was saying that P/J lasted longer therefore they proved to have a better love/bond than D/J - even though that is a good point. It's more the fact that despite their surmounting problems, because they loved each other so much they refused to give up on their relationship. They wanted it to work. That's something that Dawson and Joey NEVER managed to do. And there is no denying the facts. That's what we saw on screen. If P/J had really only been about sex as Joske tries so hard to convince us and himself, then there is also no way that P/J would have lasted 9 months into their relationship without sex. Pacey would have given up a long time ago, if that was the case. That's why, to quote Andie fully, I say that P/J proved their love over D/J, '10 times 10 to the 10th power.'

And if you think that Pacey would have presented Joey with fait accompli concerning the situation with her father, then you don't know Pacey. Dawson and Pacey are like chalk and cheese. What's been quite clear over the years is that what Dawson would do is NOT what Pacey would do. But that doesn't mean that the only other alternative was to do nothing. I think Pacey would have told her early on, as much as she would have hated to hear it and left it up to her to decide what to do. Pacey has always, ALWAYS let Joey make up her own mind, make her own choices and respected whatever decisions she decided to make - even when it resulted in a negative result for himself. Besides, what has that got to do with the original point about P/J being in love or not?

Plus, I never said there was no bond between D/J. Clearly, there was meant to be a bond, but D/J rarely demonstrated it after S1. In fact, they were estranged more than they were friends or hardly on speaking terms for most of the series! That includes S3, S4, a lot of S5, and the majority of S6! Actions speaks louder than words. What is the use of saying I love yous, of giving each other end of season pecks, or declaring their friendship healthy again or having sex, when they never followed through by keeping in touch over the summer, or actually establishing a proper relationship?

Joske, I notice, as expected, that you haven't bothered to respond...

Now onto DVD stuff. My S2 DVD was expected on 5th Jan but I got it a week ago. I've only watched one episode so far, Tamara's Return. Great ep. Finally I get to see the hot kiss between Pacey and Tamara that they cut out the many times they've aired S2 over here in the UK. What I hadn't remembered was that they also cut the teaser, so I got to see for the first time in years, D/J rolling around at the ruins. I must say how disappointing it was, and very brief. This is what D/Jers have been telling me was a passionate clinch between D/J? Um, thjere wasn't much to it, but it was okay. Doesn't hold much of a candle to the real, unbridled passion and evident want between P/J in The Longest Day, though.
And, oooh, the sexual tension between P/Tam! Now that was hot! What I found interesting in this ep was the beginnings of the P/An relationship. Pacey kinda liked Andie. In my opinion, there wasn't really anyone else for him to hang out with considering how wrapped up in each other D/J were and Jen was off with Abby. What was Jack doing? But was Pacey really interested in Andie romatically? Not so much. Not even when Dawson told him she liked him. Pacey turned his attention to Andie because he basically took Dawson's advice. He ended it once and for all with Tamara and decided to move forward and see other girls his own age. At this point he was yet enamoured of Andie. He did make me laugh though as he teased Andie in the cafe, taking a bite of her burger, etc, How sexy was that knowing, cocky look of his as he teased her?

Sorry, this wasn't supposed to turn into an episode review. I don't really care about the quality. I don't really notice it. I'm too glued to what's actually happening in the ep. And I don't really care about the songs for this season, either. So I won't know any different. Of course, come S3 I will be very annoyed if certain songs are missing, so I understand the wrath of those who are angry about the song changes for S2.

[ 12-27-2003: Message edited Jaycee ]
Old 12-27-2003, 12:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Jaycee I don't think I saw Joskes post I will go back and read it. I was responding to the 10 power thing you said thats all. As for Pacey well I do know him but I don't agree after the fire I think had he not done the same thing he would have done something almost the same especially in season 4 and the fact his father could help. If you think about in season 2 there really was no time to really think clearly And I for one dont blame Dawson one bit. that 1 extra day waited could of been the day Joey was hurt or worse.Oh about Pacey and Andie at first he may not have wanted her but after a while he did fall in love. I don't see how you can compare a kissing scene to an episode all I know is I saw great passion in the ''KISS THE RAIN SCENE''' AND THE WEDDING DANCE SCENE PLUS ALOT OF OTHERS.

[ 12-27-2003: Message edited COOLCAT200 ]
Old 12-27-2003, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

You cant condemn Pacey for something he never did. You cant really go about saying "Pacey wouldve done this, this and that" just to somehow take the heat off of Dawson. Dawson was the one who forced JOey into the situation and Dawson was the one who took a Potter family issue into his own hands, it has nothing to do with Pacey.
Old 12-27-2003, 02:50 PM
Extreme Fan

First off I was not condemning Pacey for anything I was just saying that's what I feel he may have done and I don't look at what Dawson did as a bad thing. His parents told him the same thing. After that fire I would have been scared to death for the woman I love and if I had waited and anything happened to her I would not be able to forgive myself knowing I could have stopped it. Messing with Drugs like Mr. potter did is a very dangerous thing as that fire proved. You must understand its a very complicated situation.
Old 12-27-2003, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Nobodys saying that Dawson shouldnt have done something about what he knew, but maybe he shouldve went to the Potter sisters and had them take action and make a decision on it and handle it the way they saw fit. I still dont see why bringingPacey into situation makes any sense. If what Dawson did was so right then why bring up tht Pacey probably wouldve done the same except to try to take heat off Dawson? Where does Pacey even come into the conversation?
Old 12-27-2003, 03:02 PM
Extreme Fan

WhaT you dont seem to get is I was not saying that to take Heat off of Dawson. To me there is no heat Joey even said in 301 Something like ''You were right ''.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread